or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › 'Harry Potter,' 'Matrix,' many other movie series on sale in new iTunes bundles

'Harry Potter,' 'Matrix,' many other movie series on sale in new iTunes bundles - Page 2

post #41 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamjam View Post

Don't really see the attraction of this the harry potter blu ray box set is only £27 and lord of the rings is £18.

J

That makes HP $42.  I'd say $10 and the ability to easily throw it on an iPad for the kiddies is a pretty good deal.  

If I want archival copes of movies that are important to me, like the LOTR movies, I'll gladly buy the BD. 

post #42 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrail View Post

That makes HP $42.  I'd say $10 and the ability to easily throw it on an iPad for the kiddies is a pretty good deal.  

If I want archival copes of movies that are important to me, like the LOTR movies, I'll gladly buy the BD. 

In particular, keep in mind that there's a significant portion of the population that would never be able to rip a DVD, much less BD.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
post #43 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozchris View Post

I wish they would give you a deal when you already own 1 or more of the movies in the bundle. Something similar to complete my album.

agreed, or let you upgrade a previously downloaded "Digital Edition" (included with some DVD/BD's) that's in SD as a upgrade to HD price.

I have a lot of "Digital Editions", won't buy a new BD without it or at least not without Commentaries.

For me, I buy Physical Media editions mainly for two things: Digital Edition and Commentaries.  Not even iTunes offers that.  I'd gladly re-buy all my previously purchased digital copies if ITunes offered commentary tracks.  I mean seriously, am I the only person out there that only buys movies because of these features?  I understand commentary tracks are probably a difficult thing to compress into an already huge file but there has to be a way.

sigh

post #44 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Well, since the entire Harry Potter series (8 movies) is only $10, even if you own most of them, it's still a good deal.

Some of the others aren't as great a deal, though.

Well, I own all of them on DVD, I wish there was a code you could enter to receive a discount on digital download if you already own the movie.  It really is robbery what they charge for movies when most people at this day/age have re-purchased movies more than 3 times based on formatting upgrades.  I know i'm one of those that have done this with a handful of movies.  And after the switch from DVD to BD, I really don't want to re-buy again unless they at least have commentary tracks.  The special features are usually really bad unless they are LOTR or something like that.  Just give me that damn Commentaries!

post #45 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

Does anyone watch SD anymore?

Yes

if you watch movies on your iPhone

if you watch movies on a non-retina device (ipad Mini, iPad 2)

If you want to rent the movie it's cheaper in SD and don't care about image quality

if you're in a foreign country and have a crappy internet signal (cough...China...cough)  I will purchase a season in HD but download the SD since it's a free download if you've purchased it in HD.

post #46 of 59
I bought every item that was at $9.99 this morning when the story first hit, some are STILL downloading even tho I have 300/65 FiOS. I'll wait to see my bill....

edit: I have 500/100 FiOS Quantum, some titles didn't download, but they were available under my purchases page ( with the cloud icon ), finishing now. Account billed for $9.99 each.
Edited by Dean S Jones - 8/13/13 at 3:00pm
post #47 of 59
This seems like a cheap way to lock yourself into Apple's eco-system. What a deal.

Do you use MagicJack?

The default settings will automatically charge your credit card each year for service renewal. You will not be notified or warned in anyway. You can turn auto renewal off.

Do you use MagicJack?

The default settings will automatically charge your credit card each year for service renewal. You will not be notified or warned in anyway. You can turn auto renewal off.

post #48 of 59

All have been downloaded, my e-mail just showed up for billing, all were $9.99 each.

post #49 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpluck View Post

This seems like a cheap way to lock yourself into Apple's eco-system. What a deal.

Given that I have 7 Apple Computers, 2 Apple TV's, several more in the family, 7 iPhones in the family, 3 iPads for my OWN development work ( registered Apple Developer ), newest Airport Time Capsule, I'm going to consider myself firmly entrenched in Apple's Ecosystem. And happy about it.

And you know what? As much as that stuff cost me ( and it wasn't all cheap ), I'm still far ahead in what it gained me.

AND I also own SEVERAL Android tablets. ( Nexus 10, Nexus 7, new Nexus 7), A Windows Surface Pro, and aside from the fact that MS was paying good hard CASH for people to develop for it, it sucks, and even the top devs passed.

So, what eco-system would you consider good? Remember the Zune ecosystem fiasco? NO, thought not. Play, where rampant piracy is the norm, besides malware lurking in every corner???

I used to be a big DVD/Blu-Ray buyer, but thats still a locked-in ecosystem. Well, that, and I have a 2 y/o daughter that loves to DESTROY my disks somehow.  ;-)

So, it principal , you are right, I am married to Apple's ecosystem, but for all the money that made me, $9.99 is 1/20th my daily rate

post #50 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

That's odd - it still has $9.99 for me. I would have grabbed it, but I already have all the disks on DVD and BR.

The copy states "the complete Harry Potter series for $60" has that been changed too?
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini, SE30, IIFx, Towers; G4 & G3.
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini, SE30, IIFx, Towers; G4 & G3.
post #51 of 59
Has Apple resorted to copying Amazon & Walmart with these Gold Box/Blue light specials?
Is this what we've come to?

Where's the new Apple TV?

post #52 of 59
Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post
Has Apple resorted to copying Amazon & Walmart with these Gold Box/Blue light specials?
Is this what we've come to?

Enough FUD, please.

“The only thing more insecure than Android is its userbase.” – Can’t Remember

post #53 of 59

They raised prices on the 2 I bought. I know I had Austin Powers as $15.99 and the XMen movies were $17.99 now I get the bill the next day and both have gone up. I sent a complaint because that is wrong. If a price is listed they have to honor it.

post #54 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonmarie View Post

They raised prices on the 2 I bought. I know I had Austin Powers as $15.99 and the XMen movies were $17.99 now I get the bill the next day and both have gone up. I sent a complaint because that is wrong. If a price is listed they have to honor it.

Did you blame it on AppleInsider for telling you could buy it at that price? lol.gif

post #55 of 59

No I sent a complaint to Apple for raising prices. If a price is listed they have to honor it.

post #56 of 59
They are free to list the price and then change it as much as they like. Prices for lots of things change regularly.

But they can't tell you you'll pay X and then when you click "Buy" they charge you Y.

Is that what you're upset about, or simply that they raised the price before you clicked Buy and the transaction was completed.
post #57 of 59
If a price is listed they have to honor it.

Nope. And any money/time you spend fighting it will be far more than whatever you 'lost' with the wrong price.

post #58 of 59

My beef in this is that I saw one set of prices when I  purchased it. When i got the bill in my email the next day it was higher. I work in a retail store I know if a price is listed the store has to honor it. I have yet to hear from them. And if they tell me they cant I will tell them to refund my money. Bait and switch is not gonna fly with me. I can go elsewhere for movies.

post #59 of 59
My beef in this is that I saw one set of prices when I purchased it. When i got the bill in my email the next day it was higher.

That, however, might have a case, if you can prove the price you saw was indeed there when you hit buy. Say, if you took a screenshot at time of purchase.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › 'Harry Potter,' 'Matrix,' many other movie series on sale in new iTunes bundles