or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Antitrust suit alleging App Store monopoly tossed due to procedural blunder

Antitrust suit alleging App Store monopoly tossed due to procedural blunder - Page 2

post #41 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

I could see it having some merit if 90% of devices shipped were iOS devices and if software was priced very high. Neither of those are the case. Apple is at over 500 million iOS devices, Android 900 million. It's about 1/3 of the market worst case. I could see developers having suffered if they have been blocked from selling apps but the same goes for indie game console development.

What is the cost of entry for someone to write and distribute in the App Store vs Nintendo, XBox, PlayStation, etc.  When that is factored in, how could anybody argue there is an issue with Apples method if distribution.

post #42 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJay2012 View Post

Filing class action suits without errors... there's an app for that.

Yeah, but Apple's 30 percent cut of each sale inflates the price of the app. 1hmm.gif

post #43 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasondwelsh View Post

Yeah, but Apple's 30 percent cut of each sale inflates the price of the app. 
1hmm.gif

Great logic. So let's ban Walmart, Amazon, Target, Macy's, and your local grocery store and car dealer. They all "inflate the price" of the goods you buy from them, too. 1oyvey.gif
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
post #44 of 46
Yeah, but Apple's 30 percent cut of each sale inflates the price of the app. 1hmm.gif

No. Not really. Because again, the developer sets the price.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
post #45 of 46
Quote:

Yeah, but Apple's 30 percent cut of each sale inflates the price of the app. 
1hmm.gif

https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/112622?hl=en
post #46 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Great logic. So let's ban Walmart, Amazon, Target, Macy's, and your local grocery store and car dealer. They all "inflate the price" of the goods you buy from them, too. 1oyvey.gif
Um, this was meant as sarcasm. I'll try to remember to use the little "/s" next time so it's clear to everyone.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Antitrust suit alleging App Store monopoly tossed due to procedural blunder