or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Plastic shell purportedly for Apple's 'iPhone 5C' shines in durability test

Plastic shell purportedly for Apple's 'iPhone 5C' shines in durability test - Page 4

post #121 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soloman View Post

Then why wasn't it a problem with the 3G/3GS? Those phones were $650 and up.

That was then, this is now. The bar has been raised by Apple's CNC metal sculpture. Now they're going to shape their plastic backs like they did their aluminum backs.

And it was the glass back that set the new functional design aesthetic used for the aluminum back. You end up with two flat, parallel surfaces front and back that give the phone its precision, camera-like feel. It also makes it possible to make simple tripod mounts and to use the phone as a camera on flat surfaces.

I don't think they'll ever return to the slippery shape of the 3G/3GS, where Samsung is stuck, notice.
post #122 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

That was then, this is now. The bar has been raised by Apple's CNC metal sculpture. Now they're going to shape their plastic backs like they did their aluminum backs.

And it was the glass back that set the new functional design aesthetic used for the aluminum back. You end up with two flat, parallel surfaces front and back that give the phone its precision, camera-like feel. It also makes it possible to make simple tripod mounts and to use the phone as a camera on flat surfaces.

I don't think they'll ever return to the slippery shape of the 3G/3GS, where Samsung is stuck, notice.

What was there was no aluminum back then? It was probably cheaper back then than it is now. Why would one go under the bar that they raised? Btw the back of the 3G/3GS was ergonomically designed as are competitor's devices.
Edited by Soloman - 8/22/13 at 7:37am
post #123 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Getz View Post

existing only in the imagination

If you meant "rumoured" that would be a clearer way to put it.

But by reading your other posts and your response to mine, I'm done with you.  Ignore.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Plastic shell purportedly for Apple's 'iPhone 5C' shines in durability test
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Plastic shell purportedly for Apple's 'iPhone 5C' shines in durability test