or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Will the new Mac mini have a new design ? (more like an Intel Nuc?)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Will the new Mac mini have a new design ? (more like an Intel Nuc?) - Page 2

post #41 of 46

Do you think the price will be the same for the basic model they have out now or more costly?

post #42 of 46
It depends on the processor. I hope Apple doesn't raise the price $100 unless it has Iris 5100 graphics.
post #43 of 46

I cannot imagine it would sell at a higher price. I'd love if they could get it back to $499 like some of the PowerPC ones were.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

Reply
post #44 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I cannot imagine it would sell at a higher price. I'd love if they could get it back to $499 like some of the PowerPC ones were.

For that to happen, Apple would probably put in an i3 processor. Looking at the list I have in front of me that I printed off of the Intel website, the ones I could see that are most feasible are the i3-4000M (2.4 GHz) and i3-4100M (2.6 GHz). They probably wouldn't use the i5-4200M or i5-4300M at $499.

It would be great if they did though.
post #45 of 46
Or they could switch away from expensive laptop processor and implement a design change to handle a bit more power. The timing is right because some of the Haswell desktop processors could fit into the current Mini no problem. Right now you would loose Iris Pro, at least on the stuff I know about. Haswell will blur the lines as far as mobile and desktop chips go.

Apple has far more options for low power machines than ever before. One of the reasons to think that the Mini will get a major overhaul is this fact that there are many options to choose from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post

For that to happen, Apple would probably put in an i3 processor. Looking at the list I have in front of me that I printed off of the Intel website, the ones I could see that are most feasible are the i3-4000M (2.4 GHz) and i3-4100M (2.6 GHz). They probably wouldn't use the i5-4200M or i5-4300M at $499.

It would be great if they did though.
post #46 of 46
It certainly is very possible. I kind of am used to mobile processors although the ones I mentioned don't have prices listed yet. The ones with a U and Y suffix are more expensive and are scheduled for a Broadwell refresh and the M is scheduled to stay with Haswell.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Will the new Mac mini have a new design ? (more like an Intel Nuc?)