or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple TV update adds channels for Vevo, Disney, Weather & Smithsonian
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple TV update adds channels for Vevo, Disney, Weather & Smithsonian - Page 2

post #41 of 120
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post
When does AppleTV get the redesign treatment? It sorely needs it! Talk about ugly.

 

The only ugly thing I see are the Disney icons. But you're right; we're gonna need folders soon for all the content that will be available on it. 

 

I've never ever EVER liked how Apple does this with the Apple TV. All updates and changes to software should be legally user-implemented only. Hopefully the simplicity of the UI remains if they decide to completely change it.

 

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post
The one thing we all desperately need from Apple at this point is a new Bluetooth general remote. The IR remote is killing me.

 

Any iDevice…

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
post #42 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

That's where it is so dangerous. It does an amazing job of presenting itself as a wonderful unbiased news source. However it is massively socialist centric, anti capitalist, anti american, and I would also accuse them of anti semitism.

Much of the stuff it broadcasts is amazing (such as their documentaries), but it is the gift which hides a darker side to the corrupt organisation. An organisation which forces the UK public to pay for it against their will. It's socialist centric slant comes from the way with which it is funded, it is biased by nature.

Plus it is riddled with pedofiles! 

Wow, what a load of non sequiturs, your post isn't worth the effort of arguing with. Your spelling of organization, seems to indicate your British or British educated at least. By the way, I haven't checked recently, but I think most Brits are very proud of the BBC, 1960's Jimmy Savile incident aside (let's not get into listing similar situations in churches and numerous American groups.)
Use duckduckgo.com with Safari, not Google Search
Been using Apples since 1978 and Macs since 1984
Long on AAPL so biased. Strong advocate for separation of technology and politics on AI.
Reply
Use duckduckgo.com with Safari, not Google Search
Been using Apples since 1978 and Macs since 1984
Long on AAPL so biased. Strong advocate for separation of technology and politics on AI.
Reply
post #43 of 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugbug View Post

Bring it, apple.

 

The problem is, the more they add to the AppleTV, the more the user interface shows its weaknesses. Of the icons that litter my Apple TV home screen, I only use 4 regularly. I really wish I could hide the ones I don't use, they are just pointless clutter. And that is just the tip of the iceberg.

 

For a company that has a reputation for UI design, I am amazed that the interface for the Apple TV is as bad as it is.

 

-kpluck

Do you use MagicJack?

The default settings will automatically charge your credit card each year for service renewal. You will not be notified or warned in anyway. You can turn auto renewal off.

Reply

Do you use MagicJack?

The default settings will automatically charge your credit card each year for service renewal. You will not be notified or warned in anyway. You can turn auto renewal off.

Reply
post #44 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristophB View Post

Something as simple as allowing the enduser to scale and reorder the icons would be a huge step. I don't need such massive buttons on 65" or bigger displays.

You can reorder them now, the method is almost the same as the iPad, hold on one after selecting it and they jiggle, then they move with arrow buttons. Well hidden feature I know 1smile.gif
Use duckduckgo.com with Safari, not Google Search
Been using Apples since 1978 and Macs since 1984
Long on AAPL so biased. Strong advocate for separation of technology and politics on AI.
Reply
Use duckduckgo.com with Safari, not Google Search
Been using Apples since 1978 and Macs since 1984
Long on AAPL so biased. Strong advocate for separation of technology and politics on AI.
Reply
post #45 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Right_said_fred View Post

not sure it contains a lot of files about feet, but it certainly was a haven for some pedophiles. Not exactly riddled though.
As an ex-pat living many years in the USA, and someone who watches the APP (ok on a samsung TV, shame on me) i insist that it is in no way anti american. The coverage is wide, and accurate. Now I also read daily the BBC web site- and comparing that to LA times, Huffington post, NY times, as well sometimes as Al-J, its simply not particularly biased.
As for its funding, that IS the reason it doesn't have to be biased, unlike Faux News, which relies heavily on advertising for its revenue - (anyone fancy Pappa Johns Pizza for lunch today?)
You made your point - several times, please leave the thread to get back on its tracks

Great post. I resisted the 'feet' joke as I couldn't remember if that was a UK spelling ... I've been here 23 years and no longer know American from British ... I am a total mess ... LOL, It's "paedophile" isn't it?
Use duckduckgo.com with Safari, not Google Search
Been using Apples since 1978 and Macs since 1984
Long on AAPL so biased. Strong advocate for separation of technology and politics on AI.
Reply
Use duckduckgo.com with Safari, not Google Search
Been using Apples since 1978 and Macs since 1984
Long on AAPL so biased. Strong advocate for separation of technology and politics on AI.
Reply
post #46 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post


Great post. I resisted the 'feet' joke as I couldn't remember if that was a UK spelling ... I've been here 23 years and no longer know American from British ... I am a total mess ... LOL, It's "paedophile" isn't it?

Ha - thanks - at risk of derailing thread, for the first 10 years ago - i reserved the use of an english phrase for 'effect' but after 20 years, and with my memory aging, i have the same problem. Now I cant remember if I have to get a cart or a trolley when i go food shopping

post #47 of 120
Originally Posted by kpluck View Post

I really wish I could hide the ones I don't use

 

Of course you can. Parental Controls. Just turn them off.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
post #48 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

An organisation which forces the UK public to pay for it against their will.

 

Nope.  Sorry.

 

Brit here who likes the BBC but doesn't have a TV license.  I haven't been forced by anyone to do anything.

censored

Reply

censored

Reply
post #49 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpluck View Post

 

The problem is, the more they add to the AppleTV, the more the user interface shows its weaknesses. Of the icons that litter my Apple TV home screen, I only use 4 regularly. I really wish I could hide the ones I don't use, they are just pointless clutter. And that is just the tip of the iceberg.

 

For a company that has a reputation for UI design, I am amazed that the interface for the Apple TV is as bad as it is.

 

-kpluck

 

You select 'hide' for the channels you don't want (under general settings).  It's tied to parental controls.

 

They will at some point have to unify search ala tivo.  They did buy that company recently that has such a ready-built system.

Doodle Dice iPhone puzzle game: A fun, free physics-laden collection of dice games.  Greatest app made yet?  Perhaps young man... Perhaps.
Reply
Doodle Dice iPhone puzzle game: A fun, free physics-laden collection of dice games.  Greatest app made yet?  Perhaps young man... Perhaps.
Reply
post #50 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Right_said_fred View Post

Ha - thanks - at risk of derailing thread, for the first 10 years ago - i reserved the use of an english phrase for 'effect' but after 20 years, and with my memory aging, i have the same problem. Now I cant remember if I have to get a cart or a trolley when i go food shopping

ROFL .. you too? Love it.

Cough ... Back to Apple TV
Use duckduckgo.com with Safari, not Google Search
Been using Apples since 1978 and Macs since 1984
Long on AAPL so biased. Strong advocate for separation of technology and politics on AI.
Reply
Use duckduckgo.com with Safari, not Google Search
Been using Apples since 1978 and Macs since 1984
Long on AAPL so biased. Strong advocate for separation of technology and politics on AI.
Reply
post #51 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugbug View Post

 

You select 'hide' for the channels you don't want (under general settings).  It's tied to parental controls.

 

They will at some point have to unify search ala tivo.  They did buy that company recently that has such a ready-built system.

 

Of course, some of us are old enough to remember Sherlock doing this in the OS 9 days. :)

post #52 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

You can reorder them now, the method is almost the same as the iPad, hold on one after selecting it and they jiggle, then they move with arrow buttons. Well hidden feature I know 1smile.gif

Brilliant! Thanks mate. When did they add that? I never saw it in any beta release notes.
post #53 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugbug View Post

You select 'hide' for the channels you don't want (under general settings).  It's tied to parental controls.

They will at some point have to unify search ala tivo.  They did buy that company recently that has such a ready-built system.

Oh thank you, I learn something new everyday. Never even looked at parental control! The cat can't use the small controller anyway 1biggrin.gif.
Use duckduckgo.com with Safari, not Google Search
Been using Apples since 1978 and Macs since 1984
Long on AAPL so biased. Strong advocate for separation of technology and politics on AI.
Reply
Use duckduckgo.com with Safari, not Google Search
Been using Apples since 1978 and Macs since 1984
Long on AAPL so biased. Strong advocate for separation of technology and politics on AI.
Reply
post #54 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristophB View Post

Brilliant! Thanks mate. When did they add that? I never saw it in any beta release notes.

YVW and we now also know how to 'hide' 1smile.gif

'Move' was Several iterations ago I believe, I forget when exactly. I found it by accident I have to admit! I am so used to the iPad I just assumed it did that ...
Use duckduckgo.com with Safari, not Google Search
Been using Apples since 1978 and Macs since 1984
Long on AAPL so biased. Strong advocate for separation of technology and politics on AI.
Reply
Use duckduckgo.com with Safari, not Google Search
Been using Apples since 1978 and Macs since 1984
Long on AAPL so biased. Strong advocate for separation of technology and politics on AI.
Reply
post #55 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

The only ugly thing I see are the Disney icons. But you're right; we're gonna need folders soon for all the content that will be available on it. 

I've never ever EVER liked how Apple does this with the Apple TV. All updates and changes to software should be legally user-implemented only. Hopefully the simplicity of the UI remains if they decide to completely change it.


Any iDevice…

One should be able to choose the channels that they want. Imagine every app in the app store having a icon on your iPhone/iPad.
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #56 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post


What a total load of rubbish. I continually find the BBC web site has breaking news about what's happening here in the USA long before CNN et al. Of course I flip between many news outlets but the BBC has an amazing set of in depth sub sections that rival many dedicated web sites in various fields. The science and tech sections are extremely good for example. It isn't all about politics you know ... or shouldn't be.

My guess is you don't like it precisely because it doesn't put a slant on things the way you'd prefer. That is a reflection of the viewer not the source.

 

You do realize you contradicted yourself?  You like BBC because it does "put a slant on things the way you'd prefer."

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean that it is not there.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Right_said_fred View Post

not sure it contains a lot of files about feet, but it certainly was a haven for some pedophiles. Not exactly riddled though.

As an ex-pat living many years in the USA, and someone who watches the APP (ok on a samsung TV, shame on me) i insist that it is in no way anti american. The coverage is wide, and accurate. Now I also read daily the BBC web site- and comparing that to LA times, Huffington post, NY times, as well sometimes as Al-J, its simply not particularly biased.

As for its funding, that IS the reason it doesn't have to be biased, unlike Faux News, which relies heavily on advertising for its revenue - (anyone fancy Pappa Johns Pizza for lunch today?)

You made your point - several times, please leave the thread to get back on its tracks

Didn't you get the memo?  Using the tired old cliche "Faux News" screams I'm a tool.

 

Everyone thinks the news agency they refer to is the best because "they're unbiased."  Its almost like a religion anymore.  Let me clue you in on a little something, each news organization has an agenda in what they cover and how they cover it.  If you can't see that then you need to wake up.  It is our responsibility to take the various reports and put them together to get the complete story.  To discredit one news source over another because "it's cool" in your circle of friends doesn't make you smarter, it makes you dumber.

Just say no to MacMall.  They don't honor their promotions and won't respond to customer inquiries.  There are better retailers out there.
Reply
Just say no to MacMall.  They don't honor their promotions and won't respond to customer inquiries.  There are better retailers out there.
Reply
post #57 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorpit View Post

You do realize you contradicted yourself?  You like BBC because it does "put a slant on things the way you'd prefer."

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean that it is not there.

It's the slant he agrees with. lol.gif
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #58 of 120
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post
One should be able to choose the channels that they want.

 

I see the Channel Store showing up soon.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
post #59 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

 

That's where it is so dangerous. It does an amazing job of presenting itself as a wonderful unbiased news source. However it is massively socialist centric, anti capitalist, anti american, and I would also accuse them of anti semitism.

 

Much of the stuff it broadcasts is amazing (such as their documentaries), but it is the gift which hides a darker side to the corrupt organisation. An organisation which forces the UK public to pay for it against their will. It's socialist centric slant comes from the way with which it is funded, it is biased by nature.

 

I have been privy to indepth information which the BBC has broadcast, and I know for a fact that the BBC has been efficient with the truth, because on a few occasions the BBC was reporting on things I have been deeply involved in!

 

Plus it is riddled with pedofiles! 

 

Oh yeah, you don't sound the least bit biased at all.  1oyvey.gif
 

post #60 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Right_said_fred View Post

not sure it contains a lot of files about feet, but it certainly was a haven for some pedophiles. Not exactly riddled though.

As an ex-pat living many years in the USA, and someone who watches the APP (ok on a samsung TV, shame on me) i insist that it is in no way anti american. The coverage is wide, and accurate. Now I also read daily the BBC web site- and comparing that to LA times, Huffington post, NY times, as well sometimes as Al-J, its simply not particularly biased.

As for its funding, that IS the reason it doesn't have to be biased, unlike Faux News, which relies heavily on advertising for its revenue - (anyone fancy Pappa Johns Pizza for lunch today?)

You made your point - several times, please leave the thread to get back on its tracks

I find it tiresome when elitists rail on about "Faux News", as though their somehow any different than any of the other news sources available in the USA. This isn't a right vs left sort of thing as far as I'm concerned. The state of news reporting in the USA is awful. ALL the channels bias the news in order to put forth a particular message either overtly or as an earlier poster said by what they don't say. All the news sources mentioned above, like Fox News, are run by advertising and they all exhibit a bias. To imply otherwise is at best disingenuous.

post #61 of 120

Unlike many posters her, I do not think that an app centric model is the way to go for Apple TV. If they do end up traveling down that path, then nothing's changed from the old cable provider model where one subscribe's to channels.

For instance, if you are a "Game of Thrones" fan, then you need to subscribe to HBO. Whether watch Bill Maher's show or not or whether you like boxing or not, you're still financing it since you are paying for the HBO package.

Same thing with Discovery. You may only want to watch "Myth Busters" and may not care about "Moonshiners" or the "Deadliest Catch".

 

In essence, the content you like may be spread over 15 different stations. Why pay a subscription to them if all you ever watch is one show from each? How is that different from today's cable packages?

 

If on the other hand Apple negotiates a deal where an account can pay for say 50 hours a month of original programming, no matter where is comes from,

then all you may have to do is search "Game of Thrones" and then Play. The Apple servers then will start streaming the episode directly to your TV, Mac, iPad or iPhone and your account's counters starts counting down the seconds from 50 hours. Now let's assume you want to watch that same episode again on your big screen TV at home. Then Apple knows that you already streamed that show and won't reduce it from your allocated hours.

At the same time Apple will send the necessary amount of $ back to HBO for that episode that was streamed.

 

In the end the customer pays just for the number of hours watched and not an entire package where maybe only 5% of it, interests him.

post #62 of 120
I just recently trimmed my cable plan down to basic and am thinking about going Apple TV soon, waiting for the new updated box. If I like it I may just go cable free or the very cheapest cable plan my cable co. offers. I'm looking to cut the cord, gotta wean the wife off slowly lol.
post #63 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Right_said_fred View Post

Wish they would add the BBC news App, common on many web enabled TV. Is a very good app, and a great way to see 'unbiased' news in just a few minutes

exclusivity in the contract with SkyNews, maybe?

post #64 of 120
Mike wi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I see the Channel Store showing up soon.

Mike Wizowski!!!
post #65 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by antkm1 View Post
Mike Wizowski!!!

 

Huh! A little.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
post #66 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDBA View Post

Unlike many posters her, I do not think that an app centric model is the way to go for Apple TV. If they do end up traveling down that path, then nothing's changed from the old cable provider model where one subscribe's to channels.

For instance, if you are a "Game of Thrones" fan, then you need to subscribe to HBO. Whether watch Bill Maher's show or not or whether you like boxing or not, you're still financing it since you are paying for the HBO package.

Same thing with Discovery. You may only want to watch "Myth Busters" and may not care about "Moonshiners" or the "Deadliest Catch".

 

In essence, the content you like may be spread over 15 different stations. Why pay a subscription to them if all you ever watch is one show from each? How is that different from today's cable packages?

 

If on the other hand Apple negotiates a deal where an account can pay for say 50 hours a month of original programming, no matter where is comes from,

then all you may have to do is search "Game of Thrones" and then Play. The Apple servers then will start streaming the episode directly to your TV, Mac, iPad or iPhone and your account's counters starts counting down the seconds from 50 hours. Now let's assume you want to watch that same episode again on your big screen TV at home. Then Apple knows that you already streamed that show and won't reduce it from your allocated hours.

At the same time Apple will send the necessary amount of $ back to HBO for that episode that was streamed.

 

In the end the customer pays just for the number of hours watched and not an entire package where maybe only 5% of it, interests him.

 

Never going to happen.

 

Making quality TV costs money, and is based on paying for things you don't need. If you pay for only what you need, you can expect prices to rise accordingly.

 

 

If you want truly a la carte, what Apple could negotiate is an expansion to iTunes Season Pass, where you buy a season of a TV show (for, say $50) and then get a access to a live stream of the show when it airs, in addition to On Demand of the entire released season in your Purchased shows. 

 

So if you watch only 4-5 shows a year, you could pay $250-300 per year for access and purchase.

post #67 of 120
Coming in Europe in 2020?
post #68 of 120

Hope quicker than that....

post #69 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple_Fan_Boy View Post

Will we probably get another update soon with itunes radio coming in ios7

I thought there was already a streaming radio app in AppleTV...?

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #70 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendergast View Post

 

Never going to happen.

 

Making quality TV costs money, and is based on paying for things you don't need. If you pay for only what you need, you can expect prices to rise accordingly.

 

 

If you want truly a la carte, what Apple could negotiate is an expansion to iTunes Season Pass, where you buy a season of a TV show (for, say $50) and then get a access to a live stream of the show when it airs, in addition to On Demand of the entire released season in your Purchased shows. 

 

So if you watch only 4-5 shows a year, you could pay $250-300 per year for access and purchase.

maybe not that much, but I'm figuring for a 'channel' you'll be paying

 

$9.99 a month for most 'expanded basic sort of stuff  (think ESPN… where you want to watch the feed 4-6 hours a week)

 

and 4.99 per original content show/PPV event (Think Monday Night Football outside of that $9.99).

 

Don't forget that most live feeds will still have network commercials as well.

 

Again, using ESPN as a model, they have at least 3, if not 4 pricing bands (think in-app purchases).  Basic, HD, (ESPNNews, ESPNU, Classic) and  ESPN3

and Audio/Radio, as well as the Magazine, and Deportes.

 

If I were them, I would be opting for a $19.99 a month for full content, $9.99 for the basic news feeds and crap content, and $2.99-4.99 for live PPV

 

Me… I don't watch MNF unless it's a team that I enjoy… I'd pay $5 to watch GreenBay/Chicago in my own living room if it had playoff implications.

 

But that does put it on the $250/year trajectory, at least for full content.

 

But to have it on my 1080P TV, my iPhone, and my iPad Mini… that's convenient.

post #71 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

My guess is you don't like it precisely because it doesn't put a slant on things the way you'd prefer. That is a reflection of the viewer not the source.

Or, perhaps, you like it precisely because it DOES put a slant on things the way YOU'D prefer.  A reflection of all viewers.

 

Just sayin'.

post #72 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendergast View Post

 

Never going to happen.

 

Making quality TV costs money, and is based on paying for things you don't need. If you pay for only what you need, you can expect prices to rise accordingly.

 

 

If you want truly a la carte, what Apple could negotiate is an expansion to iTunes Season Pass, where you buy a season of a TV show (for, say $50) and then get a access to a live stream of the show when it airs, in addition to On Demand of the entire released season in your Purchased shows. 

 

So if you watch only 4-5 shows a year, you could pay $250-300 per year for access and purchase.

 

If what you say is true, then nothing's changed from the old cable model.

An app for AMC, another for HBO another for Discovery another for ABC etc... is exactly the same as having a cable box and subscribing to them or getting some sort of package deal from your provider.

Besides if "The Walking Dead" is all you watch from AMC you will not be tuning in to the brand new Season of "Mad Men", therefore AMC gets exactly $0 advertising, from you,  since you did not tune in to the latter. That's what today's TV ratings are all about.

post #73 of 120
Very cool. My Time-Warner package excludes Smithsonian.
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
Reply
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
Reply
post #74 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

unbiased???? The BBC is terribly biased. They just hide it well. It's not what they say, so much as what they don't say. IMO it's the scummiest news org after AlJazeera and Russia Today.
How do you feel about the Christian Science Monitor? About Fox? Some context would help evaluate your opinion.
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
Reply
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
Reply
post #75 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by night9hawk View Post

I find it tiresome when elitists rail on about "Faux News", as though their somehow any different than any of the other news sources available in the USA. This isn't a right vs left sort of thing as far as I'm concerned. The state of news reporting in the USA is awful. ALL the channels bias the news in order to put forth a particular message either overtly or as an earlier poster said by what they don't say. All the news sources mentioned above, like Fox News, are run by advertising and they all exhibit a bias. To imply otherwise is at best disingenuous.

To be fair it is the only news organization I know of to go to court to defend its right to lie on a news broadcast knowingly. It of course won that case and therefore one has to question the validity of anything they say. In truth it is an entertainment service. If you know of other news organizations that have done likewise tell me, I'd like to know. I am not anti-Fox in general for a moment, I think many of Fox's TV shows are very good and their 'entertainment news' is very successful. But it is taken far too seriously by many.
Use duckduckgo.com with Safari, not Google Search
Been using Apples since 1978 and Macs since 1984
Long on AAPL so biased. Strong advocate for separation of technology and politics on AI.
Reply
Use duckduckgo.com with Safari, not Google Search
Been using Apples since 1978 and Macs since 1984
Long on AAPL so biased. Strong advocate for separation of technology and politics on AI.
Reply
post #76 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

Very cool. My Time-Warner package excludes Smithsonian.

I didn't even know it existed till today! I've been glued to it all morning!
Use duckduckgo.com with Safari, not Google Search
Been using Apples since 1978 and Macs since 1984
Long on AAPL so biased. Strong advocate for separation of technology and politics on AI.
Reply
Use duckduckgo.com with Safari, not Google Search
Been using Apples since 1978 and Macs since 1984
Long on AAPL so biased. Strong advocate for separation of technology and politics on AI.
Reply
post #77 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorpit View Post

Everyone thinks the news agency they refer to is the best because "they're unbiased."  Its almost like a religion anymore.  Let me clue you in on a little something, each news organization has an agenda in what they cover and how they cover it.  If you can't see that then you need to wake up.  It is our responsibility to take the various reports and put them together to get the complete story.  To discredit one news source over another because "it's cool" in your circle of friends doesn't make you smarter, it makes you dumber.

 

I very much doubt that any commercial American news TV station has guidelines like the BBC's. Output quality does vary between news organizations. Some news sources are worth more than others.

post #78 of 120
This seems there working on App Store for it.
post #79 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

I didn't even know it existed till today! I've been glued to it all morning!
I'm betting Time-Warner will add it to my package soon in self defense. Thanks, Apple.
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
Reply
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
Reply
post #80 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by thompr View Post

Or, perhaps, you like it precisely because it DOES put a slant on things the way YOU'D prefer.  A reflection of all viewers.

Just sayin'.

I wasn't the one making the initial comment about the BBC being as far left (I won't repeat the diatribe again) as was asserted. My comment stands in the context of that post and one cannot take a small part of what I said, without with the context and make sense of it.

My views were not part of that conversation, only his, and that is what was referred to. Of course I prefer the BBC as it is centrist, non religious and pro science and not extreme (IMHO) and of course I see it and the world at large through my own tinted lenses as we all do.
Use duckduckgo.com with Safari, not Google Search
Been using Apples since 1978 and Macs since 1984
Long on AAPL so biased. Strong advocate for separation of technology and politics on AI.
Reply
Use duckduckgo.com with Safari, not Google Search
Been using Apples since 1978 and Macs since 1984
Long on AAPL so biased. Strong advocate for separation of technology and politics on AI.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple TV update adds channels for Vevo, Disney, Weather & Smithsonian