or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple TV update adds channels for Vevo, Disney, Weather & Smithsonian
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple TV update adds channels for Vevo, Disney, Weather & Smithsonian - Page 3

post #81 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

It's the slant he agrees with. lol.gif

In his case the slant he doesn't agree with. 1smile.gif
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
Google Motto "You're not the customer. You're the product."
Reply
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
Google Motto "You're not the customer. You're the product."
Reply
post #82 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by night9hawk View Post

I find it tiresome when elitists rail on about "Faux News", as though their somehow any different than any of the other news sources available in the USA. This isn't a right vs left sort of thing as far as I'm concerned. The state of news reporting in the USA is awful. ALL the channels bias the news in order to put forth a particular message either overtly or as an earlier poster said by what they don't say. All the news sources mentioned above, like Fox News, are run by advertising and they all exhibit a bias. To imply otherwise is at best disingenuous.

sorry to tire you out. on a site like AI, where iSheep, Samesum, Samscum, samesumg are used so frequently, i would think one would mind calling a 24 hour TV channel by its proper name, Faux News. 

More Apps for the apple TV are great - otherwise its only good for (dangerous..... overpriced rentals) and for me its greatest feature Air Play. Netflix, HBO, news, might make the ATV more sellable to non Apple product users. Someone mentioned maybe sky news prevented bbc headline news app - i Hope not - th Sky news one (ignoring any bias - we've bashed bias to death) lacks the wider coverage (IMHO)

but thank you sir, for grouped me with the ELITE, and on that note, beaming smugly, Im off to get a very expensive coffee.

post #83 of 120

I guess when you have nothing to contribute just start trolling...

Just say no to MacMall.  They don't honor their promotions and won't respond to customer inquiries.  There are better retailers out there.
Reply
Just say no to MacMall.  They don't honor their promotions and won't respond to customer inquiries.  There are better retailers out there.
Reply
post #84 of 120

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

I wasn't the one making the initial comment about the BBC being as far left (I won't repeat the diatribe again) as was asserted.

 

Apparently, the BBC seems "far left" to some folks but seems "centrist" to you.  To me, this is a subjective argument of relative positions, but your other comment seemed to imply to the other poster: "the BBC isn't biased... you are".  That's the message I got, anyway.

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post
My comment stands in the context of that post and one cannot take a small part of what I said, without with the context and make sense of it.

 

 

Well, I thought your comment was a bit on the snide side, and deserved to be scrutinized.  So I proposed another point of view.  And your response supported it...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Of course I prefer the BBC as it is centrist, non religious and pro science and not extreme (IMHO) and of course I see it and the world at large through my own tinted lenses as we all do.

Bingo.  So we are in violent agreement then.

post #85 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by thompr View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post



I wasn't the one making the initial comment about the BBC being as far left (I won't repeat the diatribe again) as was asserted.



Apparently, the BBC seems "far left" to some folks but seems "centrist" to you.  To me, this is a subjective argument of relative positions, but your other comment seemed to imply to the other poster: "the BBC isn't biased... you are".  That's the message I got, anyway.


Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post


My comment stands in the context of that post and one cannot take a small part of what I said, without with the context and make sense of it.




Well, I thought your comment was a bit on the snide side, and deserved to be scrutinized.  So I proposed another point of view.  And your response supported it...

Bingo.  So we are in violent agreement then.

Yes we agree, so if you go back and read the initial post and my reply again I was simply saying what we are both agreeing with. I wasn't being snide at all, although I was taken aback by the ferocity of his attack on the venerable Beeb. To us Brits that's tantamount to treason ... 1wink.gif We are talking about the home of Monty Python, Dr. Who, Black Adder ... I mean come on!
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
Google Motto "You're not the customer. You're the product."
Reply
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
Google Motto "You're not the customer. You're the product."
Reply
post #86 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDBA View Post

Besides if "The Walking Dead" is all you watch from AMC you will not be tuning in to the brand new Season of "Mad Men", therefore AMC gets exactly $0 advertising, from you,  since you did not tune in to the latter. That's what today's TV ratings are all about.

Who in their right mind would do that?!?!?!  1smoking.gif

 

 

And enough about BBC... please!

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #87 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Who in their right mind would do that?!?!?!  1smoking.gif


And enough about BBC... please!

Sorry I'd already posted ... enough indeed ...1smile.gif However ... I'd love the BBC on Apple TV ... oops there I go again ...
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
Google Motto "You're not the customer. You're the product."
Reply
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
Google Motto "You're not the customer. You're the product."
Reply
post #88 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by night9hawk View Post

I find it tiresome when elitists rail on about "Faux News", as though their somehow any different than any of the other news sources available in the USA. This isn't a right vs left sort of thing as far as I'm concerned...

 

They're not a valid news source, they're are an entertainment channel, and have even argued that fact in court. That's why Faux News is a perfect fit for it.

 

Unbiased reporting still exists, but it sure doesn't come out of Faux News. You have to find a source without an agenda, one that just wants to REPORT the news. There aren't many left - so the best thing for anyone to do, is look at several sources, preferably that aren't owned/paid for by big corporations or governments.

Disclaimer: The things I say are merely my own personal opinion and may or may not be based on facts. At certain points in any discussion, sarcasm may ensue.
Reply
Disclaimer: The things I say are merely my own personal opinion and may or may not be based on facts. At certain points in any discussion, sarcasm may ensue.
Reply
post #89 of 120

Let's work on getting Amazon Prime in there, folks.

post #90 of 120

Europe, anyone?

post #91 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creep View Post

Let's work on getting Amazon Prime in there, folks.

Only when I find a way to get rid of empty brown cardboard boxes faster ... Our Fed Ex guy already thinks he lives here ... Oh wait, there he is again ...
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
Google Motto "You're not the customer. You're the product."
Reply
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
Google Motto "You're not the customer. You're the product."
Reply
post #92 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creep View Post

Let's work on getting Amazon Prime in there, folks.

That would be awesome.  I rarely take advantage of my Prime membership as it is because I forget that the streaming services are there.  I hate firing up the PS3 just to stream a movie.  I'd much rather use my Apple TV for stuff like that.

Just say no to MacMall.  They don't honor their promotions and won't respond to customer inquiries.  There are better retailers out there.
Reply
Just say no to MacMall.  They don't honor their promotions and won't respond to customer inquiries.  There are better retailers out there.
Reply
post #93 of 120
Originally Posted by Creep View Post
Let's work on getting Amazon Prime in there, folks.

 

Screw 'em. They think they can pay off the government to be the only company to sell eBooks, they can enjoy being the only service not on Apple TV when it destroys the television industry.

post #94 of 120
The Smithsonian Channel is open and free content as far as I can tell, Disney requires logging in, which is not getting away from the cord, just tied up more in it. They are not going to get a damned thing until they are willing to bring on the commercials. You are not going to get content for free. I would rather have commercials than having to pay anything more for television and if folk want it without commercials, they can pay for it. But having to sign in with cable or dish access to watch anything on the Apple tv is just stupid. UNless of course we could share the log ins. Well we haven' cut the cable, but we may be up on cutting the f'n costs.
post #95 of 120
Originally Posted by WisdomSeed View Post
But having to sign in with cable or dish access to watch anything on the Apple tv is just stupid.

 

Huddler only lets me +1 this once. That's insufficient.

post #96 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtomlin View Post

 

They're not a valid news source, they're are an entertainment channel, and have even argued that fact in court. That's why Faux News is a perfect fit for it.

 

Unbiased reporting still exists, but it sure doesn't come out of Faux News. You have to find a source without an agenda, one that just wants to REPORT the news. There aren't many left - so the best thing for anyone to do, is look at several sources, preferably that aren't owned/paid for by big corporations or governments.

 

They are ALL "entertainment channels".  Televised journalism is the 7 eleven hot dog of news meats.  Singling out Fox, is to ignore that what you're eating is a parasite infested, pseudo-meat log that's got the clerk's hair, skin flakes and shoe print baked into the surface. 

 

You can't get good journalism in 30second to 5 minute televised bursts, neither can you get it from 200-300 word articles in daily periodicals (also known as newspapers).  These mediums have always been quick, low quality, rash and shoddy outlets for journalism, they are basically little more than simplistic headline feedbags strapped to the faces of the lazy.  The commercials themselves are more reliable sources of fact and truth.

 

There's no intellectual upside of moral superiority to finding fault with one channel vs another.  It's just a symptom of hysterical political wonkery, where the eternal slap fight between team D and R is supposed to be the primary reason for all existence.  

 

Let's also table this TV "science" nonsense, it's sciencish entertainment fodder at best.  If you're science diet is TV reporting, then you're feeding your brain garbage.  Doesn't matter if its BBC, NBC, Fox or whoever.  Watching TV does not make you smart.  Learning takes real effort (as in "work") not sitting on your couch wind-bagging about the relative "truth" of daily televised entertainment.

post #97 of 120

My cable provider isn't included. Give us the option to subscribe to individual channels.

post #98 of 120

Full iOS 7 in Apple TV refresh at media event on Sep 10. Can we see 16GB or 32GB Apple TV too? Damn, full iOS 7 32GB Apple TV as game console would kick ass PS4 and Xbox One right before they're even launched. Game console is what Apple haven't touched and by putting full iOS in Apple TV and increasing internal storage, Apple will be able to rule the gaming world with this iOS little set top box. Great card to play against Sony and Microsoft, Apple. Who still wants a $499 dedicated console anymore?

I Want My iOS UI Like in Apple Watch"
Reply
I Want My iOS UI Like in Apple Watch"
Reply
post #99 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

Who still wants a $499 dedicated console anymore?

I'll bite - Anyone who games that doesn't PC game.

AppleTV is user interface and transport medium that barely keeps up with mid-level 1080p streamed rendering. It has a shot at parity with heavily subsidized $499.99 consoles?
Edited by ChristophB - 8/27/13 at 7:09pm
post #100 of 120
Originally Posted by ChristophB View Post
AppleTV is user interface and transport medium that barely keeps up with mid-level 1080p streamed rendering.

 

"Barely"?

post #101 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristophB View Post

I'll bite - Anyone who games that doesn't PC game.

AppleTV is user interface and transport medium that barely keeps up with mid-level 1080p streamed rendering. It has a shot at parity with heavily subsidized $499.99 consoles?

That puzzles me, mine have no issues playing 1080p and that's true even if my wife is also watching another film on another Apple TV in 1080p at the same time. I'm using FiOS 75/50 and Apple Time Capsule Router going via HDMI to 60" Sharp Aquos and Sony TVs. I don't get rez dropping, stutter, lag or audio sync issues ever these days (I have seen all of those years ago on earlier hardware). I can also use Airplay or Air Parrot to throw 1080p .mkv video at them from various MacBook Pros without any hassle. Games from iPad likewise although I have no idea what their rez is.

What is your config?

I do reckon we are in for a leap in tech spec on new Apple TVs soon anyway ....
Edited by digitalclips - 8/27/13 at 8:26pm
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
Google Motto "You're not the customer. You're the product."
Reply
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
Google Motto "You're not the customer. You're the product."
Reply
post #102 of 120
Vevo works great
Disney apps suck anyway- so even if you don't have cable you aren't missing out- very very few shows and even the ones they have are just random episodes. (Season 3 phoneas and ferb episodes 8-11, season 4 episodes 8 and 9 only) for example
The weather channel is very nice- but kind of pointless when you have your phone- a radar would've been incredible- or for it to be linked with the home screen as a 5 day forecast- but it's just a normal app.
Didn't try smithsonian.

I, too, would like amazon prime. And I would also like show time (or allow them app to AirPlay). Outside of that- I look forward to iTunes radio w/ my iTunes Match. And I long for a refresh- just to see what they do. There really are a half dozen different ways they could go with this "hobby".

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #103 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

That puzzles me, mine have no issues playing 1080p and that's true even if my wife is also watching another film on another Apple TV in 1080p at the same time. I'm using FiOS 75/50 and Apple Time Capsule Router going via HDMI to 60" Sharp Aquos and Sony TVs. I don't get rez dropping, stutter, lag or audio sync issues ever these days (I have seen all of those years ago on earlier hardware). I can also use Airplay or Air Parrot to throw 1080p .mkv video at them from various MacBook Pros without any hassle. Games from iPad likewise although I have no idea what their rez is.

What is your config?

I do reckon we are in for a leap in tech spec on new Apple TVs soon anyway ....

10Mbps compressed != 40Mbps compressed. I have no doubt that iTunes downloads are catered to the horsepower that is available on the least of the platforms available. The current AppleTV has a lesser CPU than last year's iPad. And the post I replied to stated that AppleTV was going to compete directly with consoles like the PS4. My opinion differs as the current can't compete with the PS3.
post #104 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

 

unbiased???? The BBC is terribly biased. They just hide it well. It's not what they say, so much as what they don't say. IMO it's the scummiest news org after AlJazeera and Russia Today.

 

This is just a ridiculous thing to say.  BBC is one of the best news organisations in the world.  Their website consistently won awards to that effect for years although I'm not sure if it has lately or not.  

 

And what makes Al Jazeera "scummy" BTW?  Just because you don't agree with it?  It's one of the best and most consistent news sources in the middle east and one of the least biased news sources period.  

post #105 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Vevo works great ...

 

Vevo is the only app in this "update" that shows in Canada, and a bigger pile of suckage I couldn't imagine.  

 

Endless Miley Cyrus and Justin Beiber videos with a  bit of Gaga thrown in does not a "channel" make IMO.  

The only sort of good videos they have (Daft Punk, Calvin Harris etc.), are partial songs (adverts basically). 

post #106 of 120
no directv
post #107 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by redefiler View Post

 

They are ALL "entertainment channels".  Televised journalism is the 7 eleven hot dog of news meats.  Singling out Fox, is to ignore that what you're eating is a parasite infested, pseudo-meat log that's got the clerk's hair, skin flakes and shoe print baked into the surface. 

 

You can't get good journalism in 30second to 5 minute televised bursts, neither can you get it from 200-300 word articles in daily periodicals (also known as newspapers).  These mediums have always been quick, low quality, rash and shoddy outlets for journalism, they are basically little more than simplistic headline feedbags strapped to the faces of the lazy.  The commercials themselves are more reliable sources of fact and truth.

 

There's no intellectual upside of moral superiority to finding fault with one channel vs another.  It's just a symptom of hysterical political wonkery, where the eternal slap fight between team D and R is supposed to be the primary reason for all existence.  

 

Let's also table this TV "science" nonsense, it's sciencish entertainment fodder at best.  If you're science diet is TV reporting, then you're feeding your brain garbage.  Doesn't matter if its BBC, NBC, Fox or whoever.  Watching TV does not make you smart.  Learning takes real effort (as in "work") not sitting on your couch wind-bagging about the relative "truth" of daily televised entertainment.

I dont agree with some of your points.

I would not describe some newspapers or news sites or news TV as entertainment. They neither amuse me, nor do they provide me with enjoyment. The possible use of chemical weapons on some of the people in Syria is certainly none of these.

Its too bad that you think that there is NO good journalism in 30 sec or 5 minute televised bursts, as you say. Given so many reporters have lost their lives trying to bring us this news.

Who said anything about an intellectual upside. Some news channels are more biased than others. Some science storys reported on TV NEWS provide insight, no one is suggesting that any science based article is worthy of 'peer' review. Im an Engineer, and I got me a couple of degrees, electronics and Physics, but quite often a science story provides me with knowledge i never had.

"Watching TV does not make you smart"  I agree mostly - it can provide knowledge, not really increase your IQ. However, the brain is muscle (sort of) and getting it to think about things has quite a lot, and quite frequently has been shown to improve synaptic response, and thus, i would infer, have the potential to increase ones"IQ"? 

every couple of weeks I drive about 2 hours with my Wife and youngest son (almost 16) SInce my wife quickly falls asleep during the journey, my son and I engage in conversations about all sorts. REcently it was about time, and quasars, atomic clocks etc. He knew more than I had forgotten, some of which was provided by spending time learning, and almost ALL of which was started because he saw a news article on the BBC NEWS site about a new, more stable clock. So perhaps indirectly, that news provided hime with a good deal of knowledge,.

Without newspapers how would we have won the second world war, or decided that men ( and women) of color had equal rights in the USA?

I heartily agree that learning takes real effort. But honestly, i spend that effort learning things i need (and want) to be good at (mostly engineering related). Many of us hardly have time, or the energy to spend significant time learning about poverty in India, or the killing and torturing of children in some african countries, because they 'are' witches.

post #108 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

And what makes Al Jazeera "scummy" BTW?  Just because you don't agree with it?  It's one of the best and most consistent news sources in the middle east and one of the least biased news sources period.  

 

Al Jazeera has or at least had a reputation as Jihad TV or something similar.  Basically, there were so many videos from terrorists that were airing on the channel, especially in 2001-2003ish that it gained that reputation.  I am aware that it's coverage on Egypt was lauded and everything, I am not talking about that, or other stories where it's coverage was lauded.  I am addressing the above quote directly, nothing more.

post #109 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by thompr View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

I wasn't the one making the initial comment about the BBC being as far left (I won't repeat the diatribe again) as was asserted.

 

Apparently, the BBC seems "far left" to some folks but seems "centrist" to you.  To me, this is a subjective argument of relative positions, but your other comment seemed to imply to the other poster: "the BBC isn't biased... you are".  That's the message I got, anyway.

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post
My comment stands in the context of that post and one cannot take a small part of what I said, without with the context and make sense of it.

 

 

Well, I thought your comment was a bit on the snide side, and deserved to be scrutinized.  So I proposed another point of view.  And your response supported it...

 

Bingo.  So we are in violent agreement then.

I'd rather listen to several points of view and then make a decision based on the presented evidence. As stated in several earlier posts in this discussion one of the big problems these days is how much information is being left out of the news in order to skew it in a particular direction. We're not talking about the talking heads like Rachel Maddow or Bill O'Reilly. I'm referring to the folks that are suppose to be presenting the "where, when, and how" news. That sort of news presentation is all but gone from the airways. Remember when HLN was Headline News and would provide a decent recap of the days events in 30 minutes instead of the dark paranoia of Nancy Grace?

 

As to my earlier point regarding Fox and the other news sources I want to re-interate that I don't think ANY of them are particularly good. Not because they have a bias but rather because they withhold information which is inconvenient to their goals. Often their goals-both left and right-are in sync with one another and we as viewers suffer. I don't think it's a "let's take over the world" sort of plot to withhold information but rather a desire to keep people watching their programming and feeling like they're getting the unadulterated truth that "they" aren't getting. "Faux News" and the "Lamestream Media" are just 2 sides of the same coin. I reject all of them. 

post #110 of 120

The BBC is definitely biased, without a shadow of doubt.

post #111 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

 

Vevo is the only app in this "update" that shows in Canada, and a bigger pile of suckage I couldn't imagine.  

 

Endless Miley Cyrus and Justin Beiber videos with a  bit of Gaga thrown in does not a "channel" make IMO.  

The only sort of good videos they have (Daft Punk, Calvin Harris etc.), are partial songs (adverts basically). 

I didnt do much search- but ya... there was a lot of that crap... :)

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #112 of 120
Really? So where are the new channels then ?
Not in Australia matey, tough luck, only US.
Apple have to be very careful as this US centric policy could back fire on them.
post #113 of 120
Originally Posted by hfts View Post
Apple have to be very careful as this US centric policy could back fire on them.

 

Oh, no! Catering to where they make the vast majority of their money could backfire?! 

 

1oyvey.gif

post #114 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfts View Post

Really? So where are the new channels then ?
Not in Australia matey, tough luck, only US.
Apple have to be very careful as this US centric policy could back fire on them.

I don't think it's a "policy" so much as it is the a "symptom" of the communications & negotiations that have to occur between content providers, networks, and delivery owners (cable, dish, etc).  If Apple had their way, they would stream all content over AppleTV in every country immediately.  That would lead to their living room vision, which is currently stymied by the morass of content and advertising deals that currently pervade the video entertainment industry.

 

Thompson

post #115 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

Oh, no! Catering to where they make the vast majority of their money could backfire?! 

 

1oyvey.gif

Don't feed the troll.  He was wrong to suggest that this has anything to do with Apple "policy", and you are only giving him fuel to continue the bogus argument.  I'm sure that if Apple could snap their fingers and bring Oz online, they would.

 

Thompson

post #116 of 120
Originally Posted by thompr View Post
Don't feed the troll.  He was wrong to suggest that this has anything to do with Apple "policy", and you are only giving him fuel to continue the bogus argument.

 

Oh, I'm not worried. All he cares about is his keyboard, so I doubt he'll be able to type a cogent reply. 1wink.gif

post #117 of 120
Multiple users are reporting Apple TV Show outages. There's nothing official on the Apple support status page tho.

EDIT from 9to5:
We’re receiving multiple reports from readers indicating that the TV Shows feature on Apple TV and on iTunes on Mac in the United States is seeing an outage. So, it’s not just you. Apple is yet to comment on the downtime on its official status page.
Edited by Gatorguy - 8/29/13 at 11:22am
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #118 of 120

As per the above, I'll restate that I really, REALLY don't like how the Apple TV's UI is basically just a web interface, dependent on Apple's whims to show us what they want us to see. It needs to be proper apps in a proper layout and only updatable by user choice.

post #119 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

Oh, no! Catering to where they make the vast majority of their money could backfire?! 

 

1oyvey.gif

Maybe you should check your facts, more than 50% of Apple's revenue is from overseas.

post #120 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

Oh, no! Catering to where they make the vast majority of their money could backfire?! 

 

1oyvey.gif

False.  Less than half of both sales and profit are from the US.  Not even a majority, let alone a vast majority.

 

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/AAPL/2666881256x0x679218/594c826e-5c4a-429f-a6d2-4bc8374e1322/Q3_2013_Form_10-Q_As-Filed.pdf

censored

Reply

censored

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple TV update adds channels for Vevo, Disney, Weather & Smithsonian