or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › New video shows purported gold 'iPhone 5S' shell in brutal scratch test

New video shows purported gold 'iPhone 5S' shell in brutal scratch test - Page 2

post #41 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

A real, pure gold phone would be soft as butter and easily scratched all to hell by a simple house key or a coin. 

Not to mention it would get bent all to heck within days....

post #42 of 48
Originally Posted by jfc1138 View Post
Not to mention it would get bent all to heck within days....

There's your curved screen right there.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
post #43 of 48

I thought the phones held up really well.  The guy was pretty brutal with the coin and there was hardly any noticable damage at all!  I only wished he'd done the same with keys instead of jumping straight to the knife demonstration. 

I don't get where the agitation is coming from with the knife demonstration.  Had the knife gone thru the case when stabbed, that would suggest a problem depending on the force used, but that's not what happened.  In the end the video showed a very durable phone case.

post #44 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by SockRolid View Post

I want a polished Liquidmetal enclosure on my iPhone "6" next year.
And near-zero bezel width on the long edges.
And 1.6mm less thickness: 6.0mm.
And a quad-core 64-bit A8 SoC.
And better battery life.

The bezel width is chosen so your thumb fat doesn't touch the screen; I'm sure they could ignore with software, but they have edge swipes in iOS 7 for iPhone.

Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #45 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Have you ever seen an iPhone's logo? It's of a chromey material that changes color based on the reflection of the light in the room. It'll go from silver to black, depending on the angle.

What are you talking about? That's not what I mean at all. Slate iPhone has polished slate Apple logo on it, the silver iPhone has a polished silver one; the gold, polished gold.

post #46 of 48

I wonder what the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active would look like after an equivalent test

post #47 of 48
Breaking news: apple hunts down guy who made this video since he reveals his IMEI number and figures out his source, dozens arrested!
post #48 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanJobs View Post

The real problem is that the guy doesn't know what he's doing.

The only real way to test the durability of champagne is with silicon implants, deep red lipstick, and a white laced thong.

All while wearing the proper protection of course.

Hey this guy is hilarious.😄
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › New video shows purported gold 'iPhone 5S' shell in brutal scratch test