or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Samsung confirms debut of Galaxy Gear smart watch at Sept. 4 event

Samsung confirms debut of Galaxy Gear smart watch at Sept. 4 event - Page 2

post #41 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by 512ke View Post

So lemme get this straight.

If you copy someone's idea but you get it to market first, you are no longer copying.

You are innovating?

Who is copying who's idea here..?
post #42 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by 512ke View Post

So lemme get this straight.

If you copy someone's idea but you get it to market first, you are no longer copying.

You are innovating?

Well for starters the idea isn't new and Apple hasn't publicly stated anything about a watch other than filing for the iWatch trademark which just could be a tactic so nobody else can use it.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
post #43 of 63
This will be a massive failure, samedung cannot innovate if its life depended on it.
Remember the rumour of the Apple TV, so samedung hyped their new TV to the world's media, many were predicting amazing things, they were all wrong. Just a monstrosity on a swivel base.
That's the level of their innovation.

As a side note, I wish to announce that I could not take my first and only samedung LCD TV to the forest and attack it with an axe, after it dropped dead 1 week after the warranty expired.
It was thrown out in the rubbish without my knowledge, such a pity.
To the samedungers; Yes I know my iDevices have samedung parts, so what's your fucking point?
post #44 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikon133 View Post

I agree with you on this one. I also don't need R2D2 on my wrist, and Angry Birds are perfectly fine on my phone.

No problem. Just don't buy one.

I might consider one, depending on the price, features, and appearance. It would be useful to see text messages without having to take my phone out of my pocket, for example.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
post #45 of 63
Ummm... I'm awake (and sometimes working) for more than 10hours a day. I need a watch that can be working as long as I'm up. It needs at least 14 hours of battery life (16 would be preferable). I hope, if Apple does do a watch, that they take their long battery life from the other devices and use it within the watch also.
post #46 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Well... if and when Apple does release a wrist computer, you know what will happen next...

APPLE IS COPYING SAMSUNG!!
Samsung and others have been doing phones long before Apple did theirs, and look what happened
post #47 of 63
A concept device!? At this rate I would get a crowd-funded device sooner! Actually, the HOT watch is looking pretty good. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hotsmartwatch/hot-watch-complete-smart-watch-w-revolutionary-pri-0
post #48 of 63
Amazing!!! Another thing they've copied and pushed ahead of quality for quantity.
post #49 of 63

It's a concept device until we see Apple's iWatch.  Then we're going to FINALIZE our design and function shortly afterwards and then it's ready for the mass market!

post #50 of 63

Well, I wouldn't put it past Samsung to have this event to try and overshadow Apple, but off late I have been seeing so many of these so-called 'Smart Watches'.

Our Mobile Service Provider is advertising a watch that syncs with your iPhone. Of course, you have to download the free app, but once you have it and buy the watch, it works with your iPhone.

What does it do? Well, if you get a new mail, it beeps. If you get a new message, it beeps. If you get a new Facebook post, it beeps. If you get a new Tweet, it beeps.

That's all it does. Beeps for everything. Not a very smart watch. I think it is a Casio.

I'd buy an Apple Watch in a heartbeat. I love watches (though I haven't worn one in over a year) and I drink a lot of Apple Kool-Aid!

post #51 of 63
I thing iWatch wint be released this year, if we are lucky than on next pre-xmas season. But dont worry, Apple will show us all how its done. The waiting will be worth it :-)
post #52 of 63
more mediocre crap from Samsuck that yet again makes a feeble and unsuccessful attempt to copy Apple
post #53 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post

more mediocre crap from Samsuck that yet again makes a feeble and unsuccessful attempt to copy Apple

We haven't even seen it yet and exactly how does one copy a rumor?
post #54 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikilok View Post

Dude u wake up on the wrong side of bed or something ? The discussion here is of samsung's watch and u come In with a keyboard comment. And then send rockets up Apple for ur inability to type in the words if and of. Lol !

More prunes usually helps.

I wonder if he'd have better luck on a Samsung watch. Hmmmm......

na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #55 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Soon, Samsung will announce that they will sell 66 million of the rumored watch.

... and we haven't even seen it yet.

Just wait...

na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #56 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Soon, Samsung will announce that they will sell 66 million of the rumored watch.

... and we haven't even seen it yet.

Just wait...

Except that their watch isn't 'rumored', they've made a official announcement.
post #57 of 63
Quote:

By watching the patents Apple applies for and copying them.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
post #58 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

By watching the patents Apple applies for and copying them.

Have we seen any patent applications for a watch from Apple?
post #59 of 63
Quote:

Have we seen any patent applications for a watch from Apple?

http://www.bing.com/search?q=Apple+watch+patent+applications&form=OSDSRC

post #60 of 63

Thanks but that's really vague.
post #61 of 63

Guess I hadn't looked at Bing recently. It looks quite the cluttered mess at least for that particular search.
https://www.google.com/search?q=apple+watch+patent+applications

If you really wanted to find Apple patent filings related to watches then using something like Google Patent Search or it's equivalent would seem to be a better way of doing so.

You get this:
https://www.google.com/?tbm=pts

Then just type Apple watch and you get this:
https://www.google.com/?tbm=pts#q=apple+watch&tbm=pts

You can fine-tune it if you want of course. No doubt Bing offers the same search feature tho I've not tried to find it.
Edited by Gatorguy - 8/29/13 at 5:45pm
melior diabolus quem scies
post #62 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Guess I hadn't looked at Bing recently. It looks quite the cluttered mess at least for that particular search.
https://www.google.com/search?q=apple+watch+patent+applications

If you really wanted to find Apple patent filings related to watches then using something like Google Patent Search or it's equivalent would seem to be a better way of doing so.

You get this:
https://www.google.com/?tbm=pts

Then just type Apple watch and you get this:
https://www.google.com/?tbm=pts#q=apple+watch&tbm=pts

You can fine-tune it if you want of course. No doubt Bing offers the same search feature tho I've not tried to find it.

Thanks for the google lesson, how much do you make for these "lessons"  I sure hope you're not doing this for free, that'd be pretty pathetic. 

iMac 2007, Macbook pro 2008, Mac Mini 2011
iMac 2007, Macbook pro 2008, Mac Mini 2011
post #63 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkndrublic View Post

Thanks for the google search lesson, how much do you make for these "lessons"  I sure hope you're not doing this for free, that'd be pretty pathetic. 

Fixed it for ya. With that out of the way, do you know if Bing has a similar "patent search" feature and if so how to use it? That would be a helpful reply.

BTW, here's another almost unknown trick. Ever need a quick countdown timer/alarm while sitting at your computer? Type this in a websearch box:

Set timer 3 minutes
(or whatever time you want)

It will start a countdown timer and sound an alarm when it gets to zero.

Anyway, back on topic. FWIW I expect there will be an Apple smartwatch within the next few months. Way too much smoke IMO for there not to be a fire.
Edited by Gatorguy - 8/30/13 at 3:48am
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Samsung confirms debut of Galaxy Gear smart watch at Sept. 4 event