or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › connecting old imac to airport

connecting old imac to airport

post #1 of 3

Hi. I'm a long time mac user but not too tech savvy. I have an airport card on my G5 that I use to connect to wifi on my laptop and our ipods etc. I have an imac (1st gen I think) running OS9 for my kids and I have an airport card installed (I think). I can find my airport network on the imac and it says it's connected and has good signal strength, but when I try to open internet explorer, it doesn't connect. I'm sure it's some setting somewhere. Any ideas? thanks

post #2 of 3

You may want to connect directly to the router via ethernet to isolate if it is a wireless issue.  Also OS9 is going back in the day and even an old iMac should be able to use OSX which will be better supported.

Can you confirm which mac you have?

This will allow people to have a better grasp of what the issues maybe as at the moment they are a little vague.  Also friends don't let friends use IE.  It's bad.  

The devils that drive us do not discriminate
The devils that drive us do not discriminate
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega View Post

.  Also friends don't let friends use IE.  It's bad.  

He's running OS9, he doesn't have a lot of choice.

But I'd agree that you out to try to find an instal disc for OSX Panther. (Assuming you're using a G3 or G4 iMac.)
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › connecting old imac to airport