or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › 6 months after Andy Rubin's exit, another top executive leaves Google's Android team
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

6 months after Andy Rubin's exit, another top executive leaves Google's Android team - Page 2

post #41 of 55
Quote:

Cool. Sergey's unrequited love for Marissa realized with Amanda.

 

"No class, Glass!"

post #42 of 55

If you wanted a proper "Google is doomed/in trouble" story AI, you should have gone back a few weeks.

 

There have been so many promotions or leavings with Google marketing/product management that they are a dime a dozen.

 

You should have either covered or also mentioned in this story the fact that Jean-Baptiste Quéru (The maintainer of the Android Open Source Project) had left earlier this month.

 

I am disappointed in you AI . 1frown.gif

post #43 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexus View Post

If you wanted a proper "Google is doomed/in trouble" story AI, you should have gone back a few weeks.

 

There have been so many promotions or leavings with Google marketing/product management that they are a dime a dozen.

 

You should have either covered or also mentioned in this story the fact that Jean-Baptiste Quéru (The maintainer of the Android Open Source Project) had left earlier this month.

 

I am disappointed in you AI . 1frown.gif

 

Oh thats an interesting news. So a number of key players in the Android space are abandoing the Android..

I just read his google pages notes, and the comments tons of Android users were mentioning.

On doing further reading I found the issue was with Nvidia drivers that caused issues. Apparently Nvidia's nature of not opening some stuff is causing issues.


Edited by nikilok - 8/29/13 at 1:56pm
post #44 of 55

The coolest thing Rubin ever did IMO was put his Welsh Terrier on the web via an early webcam back around his Web-TV days.  Here is a clip of Alex the Welsh Terrier in the Android offices having some more Rubin facilitated fun.

 

https://plus.google.com/+AndyRubin/posts/6GfMiy73w71

post #45 of 55
Quote:

Loved the 'and a damn fine actress ...'
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
"Google doesn't sell you anything, they just sell you!"
Reply
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
"Google doesn't sell you anything, they just sell you!"
Reply
post #46 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydr View Post

The Android balloon is inflating rapidly. They may have grabbed the lion share of low cost smartphones worldwide, but they have done with on a core that is in grave trouble right now.

Lag, fragmentation, malware, slow progress are not the important reasons for the despair, but all the infringement of tons of patents from several companies. Fosspatents has great insight into this. They are losing battle after battle, and the motorola acquisition which was suppose to give Google enough ammo to fight back has turned sour.

Right now it looks like even Google has realized that this plan has backfired, and they appear to be minimizing Android development/progress, and moving more and more resources into ChromeOS. They are slowly moving away, look at their latest Chromecast.

With Samsung wanting to move away to Tizen, HTC developing their own OS - we can clearly see where this is heading.

Apple need only to continue working on IOS, progressing, adding, enriching the ecosystem - and I am convinced that IOS will gain marketshare in the coming months and years.


Can I please have some of the stuff you are smoking there? 1biggrin.gif

post #47 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by drblank View Post

Apple needs to get their large screen phone out, increase the RAM size, get their OS a little more feature rich and give people a little more eye candy and focus on getting the iPhone to be indestructible and they'll do fine.

LOL. Apple needs to (1337 specs), then everything will be fine.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #48 of 55
I hope you folks know, the real reason behind him leaving, is his boss was boning his GF.
post #49 of 55
Originally Posted by rkevwill View Post
I hope you folks know, the real reason behind him leaving, is his boss was boning his GF.

 

So do you have proof of this? There's an "Android rooting" joke in there somewhere.

post #50 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidforme View Post

I disagree, Android has helped google immensely, so why should they give it up?
Lots of apps have been forked over to iOS, and this makes money for google plus it gives them leverage and prestige.
When you start your post with "I wonder when people.....", you lose respect and look like an apple fanatic.

Android was very benifical to Google. It today isn't giving any feasible advantage to Google besides the fact it has sored relationship with Apple that is replacing there different service platforms with there very own. As 80% of Google's mobile revenue came from Apple, that seems to be a losing source aswell. Android is neck deep in infringement claims which isn't healthy either. The android OEM's seem to be looking at building there home grown OS instead of relying on it. Few even chose to fork Android. Malware , Fragmentation, and lately as you noticed hardware providers running into incompatible driver problems leading to the departure of long time AOSP tech lead Jean-Baptise. He officially on his google pages declared the crapy state of the OS today and dint wanna be involved with it anymore. Even more they moved Rubin who was heading Androids road map to another division of Google and instead put chromeOS head Sundir Pichai in charge. When you connect these dots it's very evident. Google is going to try and build something they can control the next time and not make all the mistakes it did with Android. Therefore ChromeOS. Why would any company put there time and resources on a product that isn't giving it a financial edge and is troublesome ?
Edited by nikilok - 8/29/13 at 10:41pm
post #51 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by icoco3 View Post

 

Best thing they could do is get Chrome on chromebooks, tablets, phones, and their new Chrome TV thing and don't give it away.  What other choice do they have?  At that point, if they can get enough users, they will have the eyeballs for their ad network.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikilok View Post


Android was very benifical to Google. It today isn't giving any feasible advantage to Google besides the fact it has sored relationship with Apple that is replacing there different service platforms with there very own. As 80% of Google's mobile revenue came from Apple, that seems to be a losing source aswell. Android is neck deep in infringement claims which isn't healthy either. The android OEM's seem to be looking at building there home grown OS instead of relying on it. Few even chose to fork Android. Malware , Fragmentation, and lately as you noticed hardware providers running into incompatible driver problems leading to the departure of long time AOSP tech lead Jean-Baptise. He officially on his google pages declared the crapy state of the OS today and dint wanna be involved with it anymore. Even more they moved Rubin who was heading Androids road map to another division of Google and instead put chromeOS head Sundir Pichai in charge. When you connect these dots it's very evident. Google is going to try and build something they can control the next time and not make all the mistakes it did with Android. Therefore ChromeOS. Why would any company put there time and resources on a product that isn't giving it a financial edge and is troublesome ?


Like my earlier comment seen above??

post #52 of 55
Quote:
Apple saw its own mobile division see major changes late last year with the departure of iOS chief Scott Forstall. That led to head designer Jony Ive taking control of Apple's iPhone and iPad operating system, leading to a major overhaul in the design of iOS 7.

Incorrect. Jony Ive is VP of design. Craig Federighi is VP of OSX/iOS. You'd think Apple Insiders would know this...
Edited by zeph - 8/30/13 at 2:06pm
post #53 of 55

The woman destroying Android from the inside out (thank you from the Apple fans)!

 

 

 

post #54 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

The woman destroying Android from the inside out (thank you from the Apple fans)!





That was before she used Google Glass. This is what she looks like after some use:

I’d rather have a better product than a better price.
Reply
I’d rather have a better product than a better price.
Reply
post #55 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

So do you have proof of this? There's an "Android rooting" joke in there somewhere.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/hugo-barra-sergey-brin-susan-wojcicki-xiaomi-google,24054.html

(It's all very "Days of our Lives"-meets-Silicon Valley)

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • 6 months after Andy Rubin's exit, another top executive leaves Google's Android team
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › 6 months after Andy Rubin's exit, another top executive leaves Google's Android team