or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac launches with cloud storage support, Windows 8 Start button, 40% faster read times

Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac launches with cloud storage support, Windows 8 Start button, 40%... - Page 2

post #41 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Have you looked into VMWare as a company? They have quite the portfolio and long time experience. To just state off the cuff you believe they have less development work than Parallels seems a bit unfounded to me. However I am always open to learning more, so please tell me what you'd like to see in VMWare. I always used both Parallels and VMWare but ended up dropping Parallels in favor of VMWare a year or two back as I didn't have the time to continuously compare them and there wasn't all that much difference and VMWare seemed more solid to me at the time.

Yes I have and it's not an off the cuff thing. VMWare 5 didn't really add that much to VMWare 4.5 and there was about a 3 year gap between the two.

VMWare is an awesome company but they don't have the resources on the Mac side. They are a Windows shop and Mac development is clearly not a high priority when compared to Parallels who is a Mac shop with some Windows development. It's just the nature of the game.

I'm not saying VMWare is a bad product. I'm saying compared to what Parallels does it's development is miles behind.

post #42 of 42

Just gotten around to write up an in-depth review of Parallels Desktop 9 here. Lots of nice improvements and great performance (it's already so since version 7 onwards!) Not too sure if it's worth upgrading from version 8, but if you're on 7 or below, the combined features in 8 and 9 is well worth the upgrade.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
  • Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac launches with cloud storage support, Windows 8 Start button, 40% faster read times
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac launches with cloud storage support, Windows 8 Start button, 40% faster read times