or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple promises to 'brighten everyone's day' at Sept. 10 iPhone announcement

Apple promises to 'brighten everyone's day' at Sept. 10 iPhone announcement - Page 2

post #41 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtomlin View Post

Usually means it won't be a long event. As I mentioned above, the iPhone 5C, iPhone 5 in new colors (Champagne Gold and Graphite), and a release date for iOS 7; Friday, Sept 13th.

Personally, I'm most excited about getting iOS 7!!!
Sorry I think you're mistaken if you think Apple can wait until next spring for a new flagship phone. And why would anyone coming off a 2 year contract upgrade to the 5 when it would be pretty much guaranteed the 6 is around the corner in the spring. 5 sales would tank and I doubt these colored phones would make up for it.
post #42 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

I already hate that "quick access" panel and I haven't even used it yet.  The "flashlight" option in particular is idiotic. 
Why?
post #43 of 151
Quote:

No.  It makes no sense to keep making the iPhone 5 if there is a 5c

IF there is a 5C? People are still saying "if"?

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

post #44 of 151

I'VE GOT IT! THE BUBBLES ARE FOR THE 'CHAMPANGE' COLOR IPHONE 5S!!!!!!!!!!!

post #45 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor David View Post

I just meant maybe a smaller venue plus Dalrymples "a" new phone might equal just the 5c announced on the 10th. Just trying to read tea leaves I guess. I can't wait for the 5s personally, so maybe I'm just trying to be emotionally prepared if it does come out later 1biggrin.gif
I'm guessing because Apple hasn't confirmed anything he wouldn't want to give it away by using phones, plural. Or maybe he doesn't know what Apple will be announcing.
post #46 of 151
If they really wanted to brighten my day, they'd announce new MacBook Pros as well. The new school year has begun, and still no hint about when we might see those or what improvements they will feature.
post #47 of 151
Originally Posted by racingbull View Post
Are we getting ... One more thing??

Steve's dead, so no.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

post #48 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEMAC1NT0SH View Post

I'VE GOT IT! THE BUBBLES ARE FOR THE 'CHAMPANGE' COLOR IPHONE 5S!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, that's pretty good.
post #49 of 151

An "iPhone 5" reskinned as a 5C wouldn't be compatible with China Mobile. That would seem to potentially blunt it's market impact.

post #50 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotScott View Post

Well, maybe not Ballmer's day, but everyone else's.

He'll get Apple yet!!! *Shakes his sweaty gorilla fist at Cupertino*

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #51 of 151
Think you mean 15th not 25th for IOS 7 launch
post #52 of 151
Most people put their phones in a case, so Apple better provide a very functional case design that allows that color to still have meaning. If not then why not just make colored covers that conforms to form and a phone core that only conforms to function.
post #53 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Hambly View Post

Think you mean 15th not 25th for IOS 7 launch

On a Sunday? Really? Anyhoo, welcome to the forum, I guess.
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
post #54 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by connector View Post

Most people put their phones in a case, so Apple better provide a very functional case design that allows that color to still have meaning. If not then why not just make colored covers that conforms to form and a phone core that only conforms to function.

Form and function don't separate easily if at all.
post #55 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Steve's dead, so no.

One more thing...... Steve's Alive! lol
post #56 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Sorry I think you're mistaken if you think Apple can wait until next spring for a new flagship phone. And why would anyone coming off a 2 year contract upgrade to the 5 when it would be pretty much guaranteed the 6 is around the corner in the spring. 5 sales would tank and I doubt these colored phones would make up for it.

Opinions are opinions... I'm just taking a stab at what I think may happen.

A vast majority of people aren't interested in the timing of their contracts or the release date of the next iPhone model (people are still buying the iPhone 4 and 4S). I know many people that continue using their current phones long after the contract period has ended, just as some like to upgrade ASAP. The "5C" that's introduced will lack some of the features of the flagship model - people who are interested in those features will still opt for the higher end models.

Offering the iPhone 5 in different colors may convince a few people from choosing the iPhone 4 or 4S and help push sales of the 5 for a little while longer. Not to mention many people may be satisfied with iOS 7 enough that they decide to use their current phone longer.

Then this Spring Apple will drop the iPhone 4 and 4S and the line up will be as follows...

5C (16GB) - $0 w/2 yr contract, $329 without

5 (32GB) - $99 w/2 yr contract, $549 without

5S (32GB) - $199 w/2 yr contract, $649 without

Again, I'm just guessing. One of the biggest complaints about the iPhone is that only one new model is released every year and that sales (and market share) slowly slip away throughout the year. This would be the smartest move for Apple to move to a twice-a-year release schedule and level out sales throughout the year.

Disclaimer: The things I say are merely my own personal opinion and may or may not be based on facts. At certain points in any discussion, sarcasm may ensue.
Disclaimer: The things I say are merely my own personal opinion and may or may not be based on facts. At certain points in any discussion, sarcasm may ensue.
post #57 of 151
I have to laugh every time I read this remark - "Apple's "S" series iPhones have typically been refinements of the models immediately preceding them, and most of the rumors surrounding the "5S" have been in that vein."

It pops up in almost every rumor article. Why do I laugh? Because Apple has had exactly one (1) phone that has used the letter 'S'. What kind of trend does ONE phone make? Get real.
post #58 of 151
3 white/clear Circles with grey outline may hint at 3 iphone 5s colors with fingerprint home button .....
post #59 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by connector View Post

I have a feeling more people will go case-less with the new durable and colorful plastic design.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

post #60 of 151
The circles represent the home button with built in fingerprint sensor. Really can't wait for that, so tired of having to key in my long iTunes password every time I want to do anything.
post #61 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahernk View Post

I have to laugh every time I read this remark - "Apple's "S" series iPhones have typically been refinements of the models immediately preceding them, and most of the rumors surrounding the "5S" have been in that vein."

It pops up in almost every rumor article. Why do I laugh? Because Apple has had exactly one (1) phone that has used the letter 'S'. What kind of trend does ONE phone make? Get real.

They've had at least two.

3GS

http://support.apple.com/kb/SP565

The 4S:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/iphone-4s/specs.html

The 3GS was an upgrade of the 3G so the "S" was an independent addition.

http://support.apple.com/kb/SP495

Edited by jfc1138 - 9/3/13 at 10:44am
post #62 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Release dates

Calendar

Just exactly what time is 97:55?  And what time is -1:45?

Sent from my iPhone Simulator

Sent from my iPhone Simulator

post #63 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahernk View Post

iPhone 3g to 3gS. iPhone 4 to 4S ...
post #64 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbit View Post

One more thing...... Steve's Alive! lol

I'm the King of posting "Poor Taste" comments... and even I wouldn't have joked 'bout that...  Boo... 1oyvey.gif

/

/

Ten years ago, we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.  Today we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Ten years ago, we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.  Today we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

post #65 of 151
Lol!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Steve's dead, so no.
Lol!
post #66 of 151
There's no pink in the invitation.
post #67 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by SockRolid View Post

They aren't times of the day, they're hours and minutes. They could mean "we need an additional 97:55 man hours on this date".

post #68 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I have a feeling more people will go case-less with the new durable and colorful plastic design.

I hope there's a law preventing cases on aluminium iPhones and Macs.

For some strange reason, I just want to agressively punch them. Imagine the work done to create a macbook air, and some punk that never had to work to buy it decides to put stickers on it and a bright green rubber case, not to mention what they do with the logo..

I find it offensive.

post #69 of 151
Quote:

Again, I'm just guessing. One of the biggest complaints about the iPhone is that only one new model is released every year and that sales (and market share) slowly slip away throughout the year. This would be the smartest move for Apple to move to a twice-a-year release schedule and level out sales throughout the year.

I'm going to have to go with Rogifan on this one.  For this year anyway, NO WAY that the 5s will be delayed until Spring.

For future years, I agree that the general PUBLIC PREFERS new models more frequently than once/year.

But still, the (rumored) 5c and 5s in requiring the full iOS platform presupposes that the hardware is perfectly aligned with software releases.  And I think that the coordination of hardware with iOS releases in the past has been almost impeccable.  I can't see coordinating major iOS revisions/releases more frequently than once/year.  But maybe I'm just being short-sighted.  Who knows what new hardware (or platforms for that matter) will be in Apple's future.

post #70 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by SockRolid View Post

What mjtomlin said... or maybe it's an expression of available time-off hours for a given store/shift.  Negative indicating that day's allocation was overbooked..?

Quality isn't expensive... it's priceless.

Quality isn't expensive... it's priceless.

post #71 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusephe View Post

maybe its just about the brightness of the flash 1smile.gif

Then it would say "brighten everyone's night" 1wink.gif
post #72 of 151
I'm hoping that Apple does something with mobile payments. That sector really needs Apple's clout to get moving.
post #73 of 151
@ Pedromartins-

I hope you don't mind me saying but it sounds like you get offended rather easily.
Edited by Doctor David - 9/3/13 at 11:09am
post #74 of 151

The grey circles pretty much confirm we are getting fingerprint scanners on the home button. Awesome.

post #75 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

I hope there's a law preventing cases on aluminium iPhones and Macs.

For some strange reason, I just want to agressively punch them. Imagine the work done to create a macbook air, and some punk that never had to work to buy it decides to put stickers on it and a bright green rubber case, not to mention what they do with the logo..

I find it offensive.

Imagine spending your own hard earned money on a phone and then dropping it and having it break because easily offended people don't like you using a case.

I find that to be even more offensive.

Frankly, I couldn't care less how my phone looks. You see, I don't buy it for its appearance, I buy it for what it can do.

Isn't it interesting that the Android shills accuse iPhone users of being all about status symbol - and then they launch into a rant like Pedro's. Who's the one who's all about image again?
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
post #76 of 151
This invvitation reminds me of my Ikea glass coasters 1wink.gif
post #77 of 151
I wonder nobody's heard anything about this up until now. I wonder what they're going to talk about?
post #78 of 151
Quote:

I disagree, the market isn't so much interested in a new flagship model as they are a lower cost model. 

Speak for yourself.

post #79 of 151
Quote:

No.  It makes no sense to keep making the iPhone 5 if there is a 5c

That depends on where the price point is for the 5C and what features it has or doesn't have.

If two people always agree, then one of them is redundant.
If two people always agree, then one of them is redundant.
post #80 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

This invvitation reminds me of my Ikea glass coasters 1wink.gif

These rumors are getting crazy...screw it, I'm going to Ikea just in case.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Apple promises to 'brighten everyone's day' at Sept. 10 iPhone announcement
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple promises to 'brighten everyone's day' at Sept. 10 iPhone announcement