or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple taking shipments of 'Set Top Boxes' ahead of Sept. 10 event, hints at new Apple TV product

Apple taking shipments of 'Set Top Boxes' ahead of Sept. 10 event, hints at new Apple TV product - Page 2

post #41 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Werner View Post

Blu-Ray is awful. At least with DVDs you could pop in a disc and watch.

Blu-Ray you put the disc in and wait for it to load ... Unless wait. You need to download a firmware update first ... Provided one is even available ... And even if there is one, now some older discs won't play and the new one still might not work.

True the picture and sound are gorgeous... But the hassle isn't.

Downloading 1080p/720p content is good enough (for me at least).

I'm a big fan of Blu rays. The restorations are remarkable on some Blu-Rays that are exclusive to them. And of course, the sound is brilliant and there is no equal.

But I'm with you- the loading is God awful and with the exception of Disney, you have to watch a half dozen commercials so I have to skip skip skip skip. It sucks.

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

post #42 of 45
TWC? Could this be the box that will replace the cable boxes for TWC or could this be suped up with a dvr and new TWC clients can buy this Apple TV and run the TWC app and use the included dvr and just not need the TWC cable box?
TWC said it was coming in the fall
post #43 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerk36 View Post

Apple TV is old.  Apple Television should be out already.  But no it wont.  By the time they release it it will be old news.  If Steve was around it would have already been released.

Steve's not. Steve was great. It's time to move on.
post #44 of 45
How about an AppleTV with pico-projector/videoprojector capabilities. super-ultra-lush. 1smile.gif
post #45 of 45
"Set top box with coomunication function" sounds a lot like FaceTime TV. Where would they put the camera though?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple taking shipments of 'Set Top Boxes' ahead of Sept. 10 event, hints at new Apple TV product