or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Samsung hopes to restore confidence with its concerned investors at strategy meeting

Samsung hopes to restore confidence with its concerned investors at strategy meeting - Page 2

post #41 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbia View Post

Samsung copy machines need a break!

Most times my KitKats were soggy!
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
"Google doesn't sell you anything, they just sell you!"
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
"Google doesn't sell you anything, they just sell you!"
post #42 of 44
This "watch" and its requisite tethering reminds me so much of the video from years ago where a guy who is wearing some electronics on his wrist is stopped by a curious passer-by, who asks about the device. The onlooker is impressed. However, he has to ask about the large suitcase the device owner has been struggling to carry. "Oh," he replies, "that's the power supply."
post #43 of 44

"there is more stuff we can steal. Just wait until September 10th and we'll show you then."

AppleInsider = Apple-in-cider. It's a joke!

I've used macs since 1985 when I typed up my first research paper. Never used anything else never wanted to.
AppleInsider = Apple-in-cider. It's a joke!

I've used macs since 1985 when I typed up my first research paper. Never used anything else never wanted to.
post #44 of 44
I don't think Samsung needs to be concerned with Apple - well except they need to continue copying features.

But what really kills them is the Android competition. Last year, Android was all Samsung, no one else. This year I see lots of _attractive_ and cheap Android phones in the mall. Sony makes very nice designs at super competitive prices - for $400 you can get a fugly Android mid range product - an "almost" S4 or almost Note with worse features and a worse screen - or you can get a really nice Sony Xperia. Sony designs in particular just look better than Samsung.
Others are attacking the low end with huge screens, lots of specs: Oppo, Acer.

These will only have minimal impact on Apple, but a potentially very big one on Samsung. That's the problem with making commodity devices - others come up and eat your lunch.

The truth is the entire Android market is up for grabs, anyone can join, and anyone can compete so Samsung will face more and stiffer competition. Samsung has some advantages on manufacturing but their designs look really tired right now. Phones always sold on looks...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Samsung hopes to restore confidence with its concerned investors at strategy meeting
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Samsung hopes to restore confidence with its concerned investors at strategy meeting