or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › New Apple TV not expected to debut at iPhone event, software updates coming instead

New Apple TV not expected to debut at iPhone event, software updates coming instead - Page 2

post #41 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

The difference is that that is ALL that Chromecast can do while it's simply an added feature for AppleTV - on top of hundreds of other features.

No one criticized Chromecast because of its streaming capability. It was criticized because it couldn't do anything else.

Actually it's all the Chromecast is allowed to do. Shortly after release a dev devised a way to give it Airplay like functionality which was quickly patched up by Google to break it.
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
post #42 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Actually it's all the Chromecast is allowed to do. Shortly after release a dev devised a way to give it Airplay like functionality which was quickly patched up by Google to break it.

Technically you can still "cast" a browser tab from Chrome. I'm doing it right now with YouTube as a test. The video quality isn't real good tho, far too choppy. Native Chromecast apps like Google Play movies are just as good as my FiOS TV as far as I see. Casting video browser tabs rather than using the proper Chromecast app isn't recommended. My guess is that Google may eventually work it in since they have the beta test feature for Chrome.
Edited by Gatorguy - 9/7/13 at 2:55pm
melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
post #43 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtomlin View Post

Ah, Now I understand my confusion...

I did not realize I had direct access from my AppleTV to my "Purchased" content from the iTunes Store. LOL Now this makes sense. I guess I've always been connected to my iTunes library and never needed to even consider such a feature?

I think Apple really needs to push this more that you do not even need a computer to use the AppleTV.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › New Apple TV not expected to debut at iPhone event, software updates coming instead