or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Media event livery goes up at Apple's Town Hall ahead of expected iPhone announcement

Media event livery goes up at Apple's Town Hall ahead of expected iPhone announcement

post #1 of 52
In preparation of Tuesday's special media event, Apple has dressed up its Town Hall at 4 Infinite Loop in Cupertino, Calif., with banners and regalia identical in design to invitations sent out last week.

Event
Source: iGen.fr

The decorations, which were apparently put up overnight or early Monday morning and photographed by iGen.fr, don't give much away in regard to what will be announced at tomorrow's event, though new iPhones are widely expected to be the focus of the gathering.

The largest banner, positioned above the entrance to 4 Infinite Loop, looks to be an enlargement of the invitation sent out to media outlets last week that promised to "brighten everyone's day." Accompanying the banner are flags with colorful abstract circular designs.

Apple has chosen the more intimate Town Hall at its Cupertino headquarters as the venue for the anticipated unveiling, a move that echoes previous major iPhone announcements like the iPhone 4S unveiling in 2011.

Expected to be announced at the event are two new iPhone models, the flagship "iPhone 5S" and a lower-cost "iPhone 5C," as well as iOS 7. AppleInsider will be reporting live from the event as it gets underway at 10 a.m. Pacific, or 1 p.m. Eastern.
post #2 of 52
Much more interested in iOs 7 than any ghetto gold iPhone. Looks to be a fun event.
post #3 of 52
Chances are that this is going to be an iPhone only event and are thus keeping it small and intimate. Probably also announce partnership with China Mobile and Docomo in Japan.
Anyone expecting to see new iPads or iWatches will be greatly disappointed.
post #4 of 52
I want aapl soars tmr night , up +50 plus .
post #5 of 52
Originally Posted by crazy_mac_lover View Post
I want aapl soars tmr night , up +50 plus .

Maybe this morning, but not that much. Sell just before the keynote starts.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.

post #6 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

Much more interested in iOs 7 than any ghetto gold iPhone. Looks to be a fun event.
Ghetto gold? WTF is that?
post #7 of 52
Quote:

It's ghetto champagne.  :p

post #8 of 52

Would "brighten everyone's day" perhaps allude to a new flash bright enough to act as a fill flash in daylight sun? Or just the colors?

The colored dots clearly allude to colored iPhones.

The gray circles allude to the fingerprint sensor on the home button.

post #9 of 52
When they announce the new lineups and the new iPhone deals in Japan and China, AAPL stock will rise 8%-10% in hours. Would not be at all surprised to see it back near $600 by weeks end.
post #10 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Ghetto gold? WTF is that?

Gold regardless of how it's desired in China, in the USA is extremely tacky worn either by noveau riche or ghetto rappers. That's WTF it means.
post #11 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidFTW View Post

It's ghetto champagne.  1tongue.gif

Can't use that word- the French have already threatened to sue if it is tomorrow.
post #12 of 52

Will the event be webcast or broadcast on web feed like so many Apple events in the past? It seems that recently Apple has stopped doing this sort of thing, and the only "broadcasts" are from live bloggers on the floor...no video feed.

Does anybody know if Apple is broadcasting this?

post #13 of 52

Whatever they are, new iPhone will sell like hotcakes. At the end, it's not about big screen phones, but features. I love to have 4.5" screen iPhone with same chassis as iPhone 5, but it's not everything. I won't upgrade this time. 

One thing that may be disappointing at this event is pricing on iPhone 5c. Apple may price it above $449 which is expect to be a reasonable price just like they did with iPad Mini.

Apple may make people go wild if they price iPhone 5c below $400. I can see a lot of sales with iPhone 5c, not 5s.

post #14 of 52
Quote:

Gold regardless of how it's desired in China, in the USA is extremely tacky worn either by noveau riche or ghetto rappers. That's WTF it means.
Wow my 16 year old nephew who is whitest of white has a gold case for his iPhone. I'll be sure to tell him he's a ghetto rapper the next time I see him. 1wink.gif
post #15 of 52
I'm surprised there aren't more last minute rumors. Once Apple reveals what they're doing for 2013, there's not much room for rumors until next year.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #16 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by WardC View Post

Will the event be webcast or broadcast on web feed like so many Apple events in the past? It seems that recently Apple has stopped doing this sort of thing, and the only "broadcasts" are from live bloggers on the floor...no video feed.

I read on Macworld or The Verge that it would. Probably on iPad, Mac or Apple TV on Safari like the last one. No feed for PC if I remember rightly
post #17 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpsro View Post

The colored dots clearly allude to colored iPhones.

The gray circles allude to the fingerprint sensor on the home button.

Wow. You don't say....

post #18 of 52
Quote:

Hmm. Never had a girlfriend, apparently.

post #19 of 52
Quote:

Like this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2347388/Flo-Ridas-gold-Bugatti-Rapper-spares-expense-gives-1-7m-car-garish-makeover.html

post #20 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Hmm. Never had a girlfriend, apparently.

Strictly judging by their post count, it would be safe to assume that most others here haven't, either.  :lol:

Why does Apple bashing and trolling make people feel so good?

Why does Apple bashing and trolling make people feel so good?

post #21 of 52
He'll be in bankruptcy court witin 5 years guaranteed
post #22 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Wow my 16 year old nephew who is whitest of white has a gold case for his iPhone. I'll be sure to tell him he's a ghetto rapper the next time I see him. 1wink.gif

Perhaps he is newly rich, and hasn't told his uncle.

post #23 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

Strictly judging by their post count, it would be safe to assume that most others here haven't, either.  lol.gif

The girl in my life gives me permission to do this, so no worries! ;-)
post #24 of 52
Sept 10: 10 am Cupertino. Apple will announce iPhone 5S/6 and iOS 7.

Sept 11: 10am Beijing. Apple will introduce iPhone 5C (exclusive to China)
post #25 of 52
Sept 10 Cupertino: iPhone 5S/6 and iOS7
Sept 11 Beijing: iPhone 5C
post #26 of 52

Is the headline writer in the UK? "Livery" is an uncommon word in the US, unless one is describing a uniform (typically).

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Get the lowdown on the coming collapse:  http://www.cbo.gov/publication/45010

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Get the lowdown on the coming collapse:  http://www.cbo.gov/publication/45010

post #27 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple0utsider View Post

Why do you think the 5c will not be available/announced in the U.S. on 9/10?

post #28 of 52
Originally Posted by drewys808 View Post
Why do you think the 5c will not be available/announced in the U.S. on 9/10?

Because who says it's for sale in the US?

post #29 of 52
Quote:

Don't forget the 5C in other developing nations with a fetish for colored plastic, like The Netherlands ¡
post #30 of 52
Quote:

Sept 10: 10 am Cupertino. Apple will announce iPhone 5S/6 and iOS 7.

Sept 11: 10am Beijing. Apple will introduce iPhone 5C (exclusive to China)

I really hope that's the case, I am worried that Apple is diluting their iPhone brand unnecessarily in the Western markets with an iPhone 5C. The iPad mini was one thing, they were addressing the gap in the market that they had intentionally/unintentionally created when Steve Jobs described any tablet less than 10 inches accross, as not being worthy of the name "tablet" (though I think he said not worthy of existing...1biggrin.gif

But in the case of an iPhone 5C, they are simply going after market share, while yes spreading the iOS experience. But other than the Fingerprint authentication, what differences are there expected to be between the iPhone 5S on the iPhone 5C beyond the plastic back of the iPhone 5C?
post #31 of 52
Quote:

Can't use that word- the French have already threatened to sue if it is tomorrow.

"Ghetto sparkling wine" color doesn't sound all that catchy.
post #32 of 52
Can't wait to go home tomorrow and get to look at the info!!!
post #33 of 52

There is an awful lot of excitement over Apple's putting a plastic colorful case on an iPhone 5.

I guess the new plastic case turns the iPhone 5 into something bright, cool and new.  It's a Cool New Thing, rather than just The Old IPhone I Got Because I Was Too Cheap To Buy The New One.

Whatever happens, the stock will go down... because it just will.  As an Apple investor, I have learned to accept and even expect that.  

"APPL goes down on good news."

post #34 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by ombra2105 View Post

I really hope that's the case, I am worried that Apple is diluting their iPhone brand unnecessarily in the Western markets with an iPhone 5C. The iPad mini was one thing, they were addressing the gap in the market that they had intentionally/unintentionally created when Steve Jobs described any tablet less than 10 inches accross, as not being worthy of the name "tablet" (though I think he said not worthy of existing...1biggrin.gif

But in the case of an iPhone 5C, they are simply going after market share, while yes spreading the iOS experience. But other than the Fingerprint authentication, what differences are there expected to be between the iPhone 5S on the iPhone 5C beyond the plastic back of the iPhone 5C?

With all respect, I think you are missing the point of both the iPad mini and the iPhone 5C, if it looks like the leaked case parts. Both of these devices are—will be—perceived as highly desirable on their own, however unconsciously by those who are susceptible to this kind of lovability, or, if you like, this kind of fetishism. Jony Ive knows what he's doing. He appeals to the fingers and the hand as much as to the eye. If you can't "see" this, there are simple tactile exercises you can do to open up this area of sensitivity. It has become common in our two-dimensional media world to have lost the use of the tactile part of the sensorium. Part of Apple's legacy has been to assist in leaving behind this sorry state of sense deprivation. We have Jobs and Ive to thank for it, to large extent, as well as others in design at Apple.
post #35 of 52
What time will IOS 7 be released? Pacific Time Please
post #36 of 52
Originally Posted by mining4apples View Post
What time will IOS 7 be released? Pacific Time Please

We can't possibly know. It won't be tomorrow.

post #37 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by WardC View Post

They broadcasted live to Apple TV at WWDC 13 and safari on the Mac. They definitely want people to see it.
post #38 of 52
The "5c" can't be a re skinned 5 since the 5 isn't fully China Mobile compatible, would be my speculation.
post #39 of 52
Release date for iOS7 could be alongside the release of the phones being announced tomorrow?
post #40 of 52
Originally Posted by jfc1138 View Post
Release date for iOS7 could be alongside the release of the phones being announced tomorrow?

No.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Media event livery goes up at Apple's Town Hall ahead of expected iPhone announcement