or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Media event livery goes up at Apple's Town Hall ahead of expected iPhone announcement

Media event livery goes up at Apple's Town Hall ahead of expected iPhone announcement - Page 2

post #41 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

I'm surprised there aren't more last minute rumors. Once Apple reveals what they're doing for 2013, there's not much room for rumors until next year.

There will always be something noteworthy to report on AI, about sales figures, what the competition does etc. you hear Microsoft is launching the next iteration of Surface 2 Tablets on Sep 23 ?
http://news.investors.com/090913-670335-msft-to-introduce-surface-2-tablets-on-september-23.htm?ven=yahoocp&src=aurlled&ven=yahoo
post #42 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No.

So the new phones will ship with the older iOS version? Or the iOS 7 release will come before the new phones ship?
post #43 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by mining4apples View Post

What time will IOS 7 be released? Pacific Time Please

If you ask Siri to Convert 1pm eastern standard time to Pacific Standard time. You'll get 10:00 am
post #44 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Is the headline writer in the UK? "Livery" is an uncommon word in the US, unless one is describing a uniform (typically).

1231091_706538536027843_393963962_n.jpg
post #45 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Is the headline writer in the UK? "Livery" is an uncommon word in the US, unless one is describing a uniform (typically).
Not that uncommon in the U.S. for vehicle publications. Frequently used to describe the exterior paint schemes for commercial trucks, hillbilly entertainers' buses and extraordinarily ugly Bugattis.

I admit to being a Fanatical Moderate. I Disdain the Inane. Vyizderzominymororzizazizdenderizorziz?

I admit to being a Fanatical Moderate. I Disdain the Inane. Vyizderzominymororzizazizdenderizorziz?

post #46 of 52

"Can't use that word- the French have already threatened to sue if it is tomorrow"

But ghetto sekt....

post #47 of 52
Originally Posted by jfc1138 View Post
So the new phones will ship with the older iOS version? Or the iOS 7 release will come before the new phones ship?

Neither of those matter nor are they conclusions to draw from my statement! OF COURSE THE NEW DEVICES WILL SHIP WITH iOS 7! Why wouldn't they? These people are talking about iOS 7 for existing iDevices.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.

post #48 of 52
Store is down!
post #49 of 52
Originally Posted by ascii View Post
Store is down!

Apple is doomed.

post #50 of 52
Quote:

Apple is doomed.

Now that you mention it, Tim is actually taking a few risks with this new iPhone.

(1) OS facelift

(2) Fingerprint sensor, a class of device that has historically been unreliable

(3) Launching a brightly colored cheaper version, something never done to the iPhone before

Any one of these could blow up in his face, the masses could hate the OS changes, the cheaper phones could pile up unsold while the 5S has shortages, or the fingerprint sensor could malfunction.

I personally think everything will be fine. And it will prove those wrong who criticise Tim for not doing anything big, because this is their biggest product and these are significant changes (and he's doing them all at once which shows even more guts).

post #51 of 52
I Agree, just phones and new iOS7 at this event because Cook said that they made a mistake buy introducing too much stuff at once last year. The share price will drop after news and then as new products get announced later this year and numbers come in price will probably go up slowly over next 6 months
post #52 of 52
Quote:

Because who says it's for sale in the US?

I'm all for that...just curious for what the poster and others have to say.

I'm one of those that is concerned with dilution/confusion if 5c is in US.

Edit: and as always thanks for your incredible insight, TS.

Edited by drewys808 - 9/10/13 at 3:51pm
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Media event livery goes up at Apple's Town Hall ahead of expected iPhone announcement