or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Samsung accused of stealing product designs from appliance maker Dyson

Samsung accused of stealing product designs from appliance maker Dyson - Page 2

post #41 of 75

Can't wait to see Samsung's wrist-worn vacuum cleaner in a few months.

post #42 of 75
Well, good luck to Dyson too if they decide to suit Samsung for stealing their hardworking patented design, the British court will eventually order Dyson to make their headline apologise to Samsung on Newspapers, there goes justice!
post #43 of 75
Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post
Can't wait to see Samsung's wrist-worn vacuum cleaner in a few months.

Google Vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmm

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
post #44 of 75
It doesn't shock me that Samsung keeps doing this. They have been doing this for quite a while and nobody is stopping them. It is there model until it is shut down. Not sure that will ever happen though.
post #45 of 75

G44OMG Samsung ... you didn't copy, did you?!!

....the lack of properly optimized apps is one of the reasons "why the experience on Android tablets is so crappy".

Tim Cook ~ The Wall Street Journal - February 7, 2014

Inside Google! 

....the lack of properly optimized apps is one of the reasons "why the experience on Android tablets is so crappy".

Inside Google! 

post #46 of 75
Samsung already lost once. From the linked article:

"In February 2009 a judge ordered Samsung to pay Dyson about £600,000 after it tried to patent the British firm's existing "triple-cyclone" suction technology."
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
post #47 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius View Post

(Sorry - I'll stop now!)

Too late. You suck. Clean up your act.
post #48 of 75
At least they copy from the best design companies around. Yes they're thieves but they're thieves with taste - you gotta give them that.
post #49 of 75
Eventually courts will have to understand the flagrant disease under which this inscrutable company works and will have to come down heavily on it. The company is pathological in its design to copy everything to make coin. This Dyson suit will be as much fun to follow as the old time carnival freak shows. How i miss the bearded ladies, and snake skin dudes; but they don't stand a chance against this clown taken to court.

When I find time to rewrite the laws of Physics, there'll Finally be some changes made round here!

I am not crazy! Three out of five court appointed psychiatrists said so.

When I find time to rewrite the laws of Physics, there'll Finally be some changes made round here!

I am not crazy! Three out of five court appointed psychiatrists said so.

post #50 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Bigger sucking head, you mean. Samsung will be the first vacuum manufacturer with a 20" sucking head.

Other than your mom, of course! OH SNAP!!!

(Sorry, this is no way a personal attack, just the inner 14-year old in me not being able to contain himself!)

post #51 of 75

Samescum is a corporate kleptomaniac. 'Nuff said.

post #52 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhikl View Post

Eventually courts will have to understand the flagrant disease under which this inscrutable company works and will have to come down heavily on it. The company is pathological in its design to copy everything to make coin. This Dyson suit will be as much fun to follow as the old time carnival freak shows. How i miss the bearded ladies, and snake skin dudes; but they don't stand a chance against this clown taken to court.

I agree. At what point do the courts escalate the punishments for repeated offenses (even against the SAME companies)?

post #53 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADSCI3NCE View Post

At least they copy from the best design companies around. Yes they're thieves but they're thieves with taste - you gotta give them that.

I've heard in Asian Culture it's the biggest form of flattery to be copied as close to the Master product as possible. Too bad this clashes with Western mores and values... /s with a hint of truth in the first part.

Samsung (I will not stoop to name calling) needs to be specifically singled out and banned from Trade groups, shows, and advertising. Also their twisted use of "innovation" needs to be stopped immediately! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhXesCSjbzM
Knowing what you are talking about would help you understand why you are so wrong. By "Realistic" - AI Forum Member
Knowing what you are talking about would help you understand why you are so wrong. By "Realistic" - AI Forum Member
post #54 of 75

If you can't patent rectangles the you can't patent cylinders either, huh. This is too funny for words. It just confirmed all of our rants about Samesung and their copy machines. Let's face it, the Asians have no taste when it comes to design for the West so they HAVE to copy what they see succeeding. Prime example is the Samsung Gear product released before Apple's rumored entry. We can all guaran-damn-tee the world that Samsung's design will change radically when a successful product is eventually released.

post #55 of 75
They have been doing it for years.

Back in the days of camcorders they ripped of sony.

It must be cheaper for them to rip of a design and pay the odd fine then being creative in their own right.

Big shame really.
post #56 of 75
I asked an expert in the field of household appliances (my wife :P) what make of vacuum cleaner that was in the picture (I covered up the samsung logo). She immediately said, Dyson. Nice, more 'passing off' by Samsung.
post #57 of 75

why not just bomb the factory? 

post #58 of 75

Sony should have sued Samsung years ago for copying their designs.

post #59 of 75
Just when you thought Samsung products couldn't suck any harder..
post #60 of 75
Typical Korean business model, just copy and sell it at lower price. Just look at Forever 21, same BS.
post #61 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADSCI3NCE View Post

Sure they have taste ...

Look at this pic. Look closer .... that girl's hands and fingers .... you know how difficult it is to find a Korean girl with that size hands to hold one of those phablets?!! ;)

See how she has like broken her thumbs to hold those!

Inside Google! 

Inside Google! 

post #62 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbia View Post

Sure they have taste ...

Look at this pic. Look closer .... that girl's hands and fingers .... you know how difficult it is to find a Korean girl with that size hands to hold one of those phablets?!! ;)

See how she has like broken her thumbs to hold those!

Actually that's easy to explain. That's distortion from the use of an ultra wide angle lens with appendages close to the edges of the frame. My Korean friends mentioned to me some Korean soaps that were apparently sponsored by either Samsung or LG, where an actress was holding one of these huge screen devices to her head as she made a call. It was practically bigger than her head... very silly, but I guess people like being silly.

post #63 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooch View Post

an article headline about samsung stealing from dyson. with 132 words about samsung stealing from dyson. and 167 words about samsung stealing from apple. so, what was the article really about?

It was about Samsung stealing, Again.
"We're Apple. We don't wear suits. We don't even own suits."
post #64 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

Blatant, shameless, and getting to be the norm. Have they no conscience?

Samsung got nailed for price fixing, you would think they would learn.  Then they got nailed a second time with a different component.  Heck, if you look at their entire product line they copy other companies designs all of the time.  They do it with their appliance divisions as well.   It's just a matter of if anyone is going to say anything or not.

Conscience? What's that?  Obviously, they do it until they are told it's not OK, it's, I hate to say it, fairly common practice amongst Asian based companies.  Some companies are getting better about it and actually trying to do something original.

Look at what Asian based companies were and still are to some extent with Gibson, Fender and other well known classic designs in the musical instrument industry.  First, guys like Ibanez, Fernandes, and others were blatantly copying famous guitars that were classic designs, then the law suits started flying.  Now, it's these hole in the wall Chinese companies are doing the same thing only worse.  Some are actually putting the name Gibson on the actual instrument.   Here's a link to one YouTube video.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KTfVGgUGGM  It's kind of funny how the guy in the video explains the difference between a real one and a copy.  He's funny.

Even some US guitar mfg do the same thing, but they do some slight changes to not get sued over.   Some actually make nice product, some don't.

It's buyer beware.

post #65 of 75
What a suprise, who would possible expect this from Samsung? :-D
post #66 of 75
What's even funnier is the "pre-iPhone smartphones" - one looks like the motorola, other looks like the blackberry pearl, still others look like the palm treo. They've been doing it forever...
post #67 of 75

Samsung would have had no shame but they have stolen that too.

What a disgusting company — the worst in the world by a good margin.

AppleInsider = Apple-in-cider. It's a joke!

I've used macs since 1985 when I typed up my first research paper. Never used anything else never wanted to.
AppleInsider = Apple-in-cider. It's a joke!

I've used macs since 1985 when I typed up my first research paper. Never used anything else never wanted to.
post #68 of 75

Astounding.

They didn't even change the shape one iota ....

:no:

post #69 of 75

Hyundai has the same problem. All of their newer cars either look like a Benz, VW, or Nissan Z. I'm sure Kia is copying American design, just haven't paid attention yet.

post #70 of 75
Hmmm. I suppose AI has this article posted up because Apple is about to announce their new vacuum? No?

So it's irrelevant? That's no surprise.
post #71 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooch View Post

an article headline about samsung stealing from dyson. with 132 words about samsung stealing from dyson. and 167 words about samsung stealing from apple. so, what was the article really about?

Exactly. Irrelevant. AI has lost its touch over the years. 

post #72 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack99 View Post

Exactly. Irrelevant. AI has lost its touch over the years. 

It's completely relevant. An Apple competitor, whom Apple sued for stealing product designs, is being sued for the same thing by another company.

They did it to Sony and Sharp. They did it to Motorola, Palm and Blackberry. They did it to Dyson and lost already. They did it to Apple and are losing in the courts. And now they've tried to do it again to Dyson. Samsung's "business model" is being laid bare for all to see.

post #73 of 75
How do you fight the shameless theft Samesung perpetuates? Stop buying their shit. I for one have halted all purchases of Samsung products at my company's division (I'm in IT). Lawyers are useless. The power of the purse decides all matters these days, including morality. Since Samsung obviously has little or no morality, they won't do the right thing, but you can exercise your moral objection with your wallet - something they will (eventually) understand. Spread the word.
post #74 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbia View Post

She looks like she needs to take a dump.
post #75 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by mytdave View Post

How do you fight the shameless theft Samesung perpetuates? Stop buying their shit. I for one have halted all purchases of Samsung products at my company's division (I'm in IT). Lawyers are useless. The power of the purse decides all matters these days, including morality. Since Samsung obviously has little or no morality, they won't do the right thing, but you can exercise your moral objection with your wallet - something they will (eventually) understand. Spread the word.

I totally agree, I have never bought a Samsung product, they were just not on my radar. But now they are as someone to avoid at all costs. People who don't care about ripoffs and only care about how cheaply they can get a product will continue to support them unfortunately.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Samsung accused of stealing product designs from appliance maker Dyson