or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple makes iWork, iPhoto and iMovie free with new iOS devices
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple makes iWork, iPhoto and iMovie free with new iOS devices - Page 2

post #41 of 47

Hi all..  el Pueblo is right.  These is not free to all. I check the fine print yesterday. Only for activations priors Sept 1 2013

 

I will excellent to update these on the news!.

post #42 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

And why no love for GarageBand

It could be included; check out the presentation again, clock in at 19'40''

"...and some additional ones"
- Tim Cook
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
Reply
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
Reply
post #43 of 47
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post
It could be included; check out the presentation again, clock in at 19'40''

"...and some additional ones"
- Tim Cook

 

I really don't think they would have missed the opportunity to say "iLife and iWork" instead of "iWork, iPhoto, and iMovie". Maybe they didn't want to draw attention to the fact that iLife on OS X hasn't been updated in years and the fact that they've announced an iWork change without mention of it, but I just doubt GarageBand will be free.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #44 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I really don't think they would have missed the opportunity to say "iLife and iWork" instead of "iWork, iPhoto, and iMovie". Maybe they didn't want to draw attention to the fact that iLife on OS X hasn't been updated in years and the fact that they've announced an iWork change without mention of it, but I just doubt GarageBand will be free.

All valid points, still, I wonder what the 'addition ones' will be. GarageBand is also $4.99 just like iMovie if that's a valid point to make.
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
Reply
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
Reply
post #45 of 47
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post
GarageBand is also $4.99 just like iMovie if that's a valid point to make.


And iPhoto, yes, but that's exactly the point. It's the only remaining app from Apple–that Apple can offer–that won't be free to new devices. And yet they didn't include it. To think a change would be made to that, their own policy, of their own software, between the time of announcement and the time of iOS 7's launch is silly. Six days; they couldn't have known? Soon enough to say it in the keynote? It's odd.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #46 of 47

If you already own a bunch of iDevices, I would imagine buying one new device means all your older devices will get the software for free as long as you are using the same Apple ID.

post #47 of 47

GarageBand was a free download on my 5s but note the free version does not include the full instrumentation - these are available as an in-app purchase for the same cost as the full GarageBand app which I had already purchased previously.

 

So with GarageBand, at least, Apple have tried to placate previous purchasers yet interest new users with a freebie.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple makes iWork, iPhoto and iMovie free with new iOS devices