or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple discontinues 'Cards' service for iOS, recommends iPhoto instead

Apple discontinues 'Cards' service for iOS, recommends iPhoto instead - Page 2

post #41 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaruoho View Post

Cards was never available to us poor Finns. I'm glad it's gone - installed it only to find out it didn't even work.

I hope you guys will get Cards for iPhoto in a future iPhoto for iOS update, but that won't fix the fact that it just doesn't work in Finland.

Worked just fine for me the one time I used it, it was bit over a year ago.

post #42 of 51

First Apple killed iCards and now this.  What do they have against people sending cards to each other??

Similar to iCards, I used this app often and loved it.  Creating the cards was fun and easy and my recipients were always very impressed with cards they received.  A few of my recipients even started using the app as a result. But now it's all been unceremoniously discontinued.  Major bummer.

If iPhoto for iOS gets a greeting cards feature added I may try it, but my faith that it will supported and have any kind of longevity will be very minimal.  Such a shame.

post #43 of 51
Originally Posted by yensid98 View Post
If iPhoto for iOS gets a greeting cards feature added I may try it, but my faith that it will supported and have any kind of longevity will be very minimal.  Such a shame.

Why, when it's BLATANTLY OBVIOUS that would be the case? 

post #44 of 51
What I miss most was the iCards (I think it was called) that was during .mac and/or MobleMe days!

First it was free and second, you could customize e-postcards with art or photos from iPhoto.

They even had a dated 'cancelled' stamp mark. They were pretty sweet!

Wish Apple would just bring THAT back and I'd forgive them.

Sigh...2 - The Sequel
post #45 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Daddy Zee View Post

Sigh...2 - The Sequel

Sherlock can be sigh 3
Send from my iPhone. Excuse brevity and auto-corrupt.
post #46 of 51

Does anyone have a good alternative that would match iCards?

post #47 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Should I respond in this forum here, or send you a personalised Hallmark card? Definitely won't be using Touchnote, that's a given!

Huddler's huddled in the corner whimpering right now so I can't you give you the standard thumbs up, so...

Pot is legal in North Korea.
That explains a considerable amount.

"The United States will respond proportionally at a place and time we choose..."
Pot is legal in North Korea.
That explains a considerable amount.

"The United States will respond proportionally at a place and time we choose..."
post #48 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Huddler's huddled in the corner whimpering right now so I can't you give you the standard thumbs up, so...

You too? I'm missing the multi quote button every now and then.
post #49 of 51
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Just wait for the page to completely load. Absolutely no clue why it holds back only that button.

post #50 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Quote:

Just wait for the page to completely load. Absolutely no clue why it holds back only that button.

I can wait, but nothing changes. If I reload the page it comes back. Sometimes the multi- AND thumb-up buttons aren't there. I didn't change anything to my Safari, plugins or what have you not. It kinda looks like I'm not logged in...
post #51 of 51
This definitely falls under a great idea they didn't support. I used it several times. It was so easy and I heard the cards looked really nice. But Apple never updated the designs. Just the same boring ones they always had. My question is why? Was it not profitable? Card companies pay them off? ....Wait, does Hallmark have an app? One with hundreds of cards? Because that would be awesome.

iPod, iPad, iPad2, iPad 3, iPad Mini, iPhone, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, AppleTV (1,2 & 3), 13" MacBook Pro, 24" Cinema Display, Time Capsule, 21.5" iMac (Mid 2011)

iPod, iPad, iPad2, iPad 3, iPad Mini, iPhone, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, AppleTV (1,2 & 3), 13" MacBook Pro, 24" Cinema Display, Time Capsule, 21.5" iMac (Mid 2011)

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple discontinues 'Cards' service for iOS, recommends iPhoto instead