or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Samsung, others try to rain on Apple's iPhone parade with ads surrounding coverage

Samsung, others try to rain on Apple's iPhone parade with ads surrounding coverage - Page 2

post #41 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

What parade?  The world has spoken - this past update is crap.  Steve Jobs' value to Apple has never been more apparent in recent years than now.  The ones running Apple are dropping the ball big time and the stock market's reaction to the new iphone proves that.

[...]

If we take history as our guide that reaction proves nothing, really.

post #42 of 65
Originally Posted by basjhj View Post

If we take history as our guide that reaction proves nothing, really.

The stock market's reaction proves that Apple did exactly the right thing, according to history. :D

post #43 of 65
I mean the Nokia Lumia thing is sad. Apple has been making colored iPods for years. I mean, if anything, the new iPhones are color styled like the 5th gen iPod touch.
post #44 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

People will complain about the price of the iPhone 5c, but they will still buy it. This seems to happen all the time with these types of devices. For example, I remember when the iPod mini came out and it was $249. People whined and complained up and down about the price and I'm almost positive it ended up being the best selling iPod they had at the time until it was replaced with the iPod Nano.  

All the media complaining about the cost of the new 5c are assuming that Apple will continue to market the 5c like Apple has in the past... which may be not the case. Apple has recently begun to DOUBLE their advertising and marketing staff. Plus, Apple has enough margin in the product to run special promotions to the phone companies to push the iPhones. If Apple's price to the phone companies gets squishy, the competition won't be able to focus in on Apple as easily as it once had.

For example, Apple offers the 5c to China for $300 to do a introductory promotion, Apple gets to keep the 5c margins high in the rest of the world at the same time. Then, Apple does a Christmas Special in the USA, or a True Red iPhone 5c at some point, and a Graduation Gift special in May-June. You get the idea... Apple doesn't have to be a fixed target any longer because the 5c cost to the sellers can be whatever Apple wants it to be.

The analysts are just so damn anal they can't see Apple changing things up ... ever!
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
post #45 of 65

2011:

2006:

2001:

1998:

The Dawn Of Time:

Created with GIMP

If imitation is the best form of flattery then Nokia doesn't have to worry about Apple imitating their sales figures...

Android: pitting every phone company in the world against one, getting a higher number, and considering it a major achievement.
Android: pitting every phone company in the world against one, getting a higher number, and considering it a major achievement.
post #46 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

The stock market's reaction proves that Apple did exactly the right thing, according to history. :D

Presented a buying opportunity prior to an announcement re: China.

Proving once again the old adage, "A fool and his money are easily parted".

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
post #47 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

All the media complaining about the cost of the new 5c are assuming that Apple will continue to market the 5c like Apple has in the past... which may be not the case. Apple has recently begun to DOUBLE their advertising and marketing staff. Plus, Apple has enough margin in the product to run special promotions to the phone companies to push the iPhones. If Apple's price to the phone companies gets squishy, the competition won't be able to focus in on Apple as easily as it once had.

For example, Apple offers the 5c to China for $300 to do a introductory promotion, Apple gets to keep the 5c margins high in the rest of the world at the same time. Then, Apple does a Christmas Special in the USA, or a True Red iPhone 5c at some point, and a Graduation Gift special in May-June. You get the idea... Apple doesn't have to be a fixed target any longer because the 5c cost to the sellers can be whatever Apple wants it to be.

The analysts are just so damn anal they can't see Apple changing things up ... ever!

The pricing of the 5C puts it in the mid range, carrier pricing will be based on $30 or $40 contracts rather than $60+ of the 5S.

For the cheapskates there is always the 8GB 4S, which is still competitive with most mid range Android phones.

post #48 of 65

Went to Switzerland this past summer and on the way to the Jungraujoch I saw this Samsung Ad that says it all. Samsung Galaxy S4 is toilet crap. Even Samsung thinks so. They really could have chosen a better location for their ad.

post #49 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F. View Post

I mean the Nokia Lumia thing is sad. Apple has been making colored iPods for years. I mean, if anything, the new iPhones are color styled like the 5th gen iPod touch.

It is not just the colour. 5c looks a hell lot like Lumia 620, for example:

I don't mind copying good design - at this time, it is not easy to be completely original on looks of smartphone, all of them following same requirements dictated by devices' function and usage rules.

What I'm finding funny is, so many people around here jump hysterically because Nokia is poking at Apple. C'mon. I'd expect huge majority here was completely happy back in the days when underdog Apple was poking at Microsoft with "Get a Mac" adds. Now underdog Nokia is poking at mighty Apple. Surprise, surprise. Business as usual.
post #50 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikon133 View Post

I don't mind copying good design - at this time, it is not easy to be completely original on looks of smartphone, all of them following same requirements dictated by devices' function and usage rules.

What I'm finding funny is, so many people around here jump hysterically because Nokia is poking at Apple. C'mon. I'd expect huge majority here was completely happy back in the days when underdog Apple was poking at Microsoft with "Get a Mac" adds. Now underdog Nokia is poking at mighty Apple. Surprise, surprise. Business as usual.

I don't think too many people have issues with anybody poking fun.

It's the claim that one of the most successful cell phone players in the industry saw the dismal sales of one of the least successful then decided to 'copy' them to gain more success that a few people are having an issue with.

Next thing we'll hear claims that Chewbacca, an eight foot Wookie, wants to go live on the moon of Endor with two foot Ewoks.

That. Does. Not. Make. Sense.
Edited by GTR - 9/11/13 at 8:16pm
post #51 of 65

ah, yes, what we are witnessing here and all across the web now from die hard Apple-bashers are their last desperation FUD attacks. because they know in their guts in two weeks the iPhone 5c/s + iOS 7 combo is going to be a runaway hit they can't match. 

i can smell the fear in their eyes, and it tastes great.

post #52 of 65
Quote:

Maybe Apple is trying to say that Lumia 620 is a cheap version 1smile.gif Think about it!
post #53 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

It's the claim that one of the most successful cell phone players in the industry saw the dismal sales of one of the least successful then decided to 'copy' to them gain more success that a few people are having an issue with.

That is silly. They are (arguably) copying external device design, not Nokia's business model. That has nothing to do with how successful one or another company is. Hasn't big MS been copying small Apple a lot in the past - according to some people?
Quote:
Next thing we'll hear claims that Chewbacca, an eight foot Wookie, wants to go live on the moon of Endor with two foot Ewoks.

Yes. Bringing imaginary creatures into real products discussion really does not make sense.
post #54 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by appletouches View Post

Maybe Apple is trying to say that Lumia 620 is a cheap version 1smile.gif Think about it!

Well, Lumia 620 is cheap version. It just happened it was released before more expensive version 1wink.gif
post #55 of 65
The 5C seems to be a way of replacing what would have been the iPhone 5 but is not and is running better bands and colors for more carriers, by the way does anybody know what happened at the china keynote?
post #56 of 65
Anybody notice that Docomo now has the iPhone? Why is no one talking about this? So Apple sells 30% more phones this next quarter, than same quarter a year ago, and the media will still say "beleaguered apple."
post #57 of 65
Quote:

Which looks like a fifth generation iPod Touch.

We've always been at war with Eastasia...

post #58 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post

Went to Switzerland this past summer and on the way to the Jungraujoch I saw this Samsung Ad that says it all. Samsung Galaxy S4 is toilet crap. Even Samsung thinks so. They really could have chosen a better location for their ad.

how is that? bathroom ads are genius, you'd be surprised how many decisions people make while in the bathroom.

post #59 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkevwill View Post

Anybody notice that Docomo now has the iPhone? Why is no one talking about this?
Yes. Don't you think the style and colors of the 5c will really suit the Japanese market? Should sell very well there.

post #60 of 65
Quote:

Yes. Bringing imaginary creatures into real products discussion really does not make sense.

If you're imagining that Apple copied Nokia but also denying the option to admit imaginary creatures into the discussion, aren't you denying yourself to right to contribute?

1wink.gif
post #61 of 65
Quote:

That is silly. They are (arguably) copying external device design, not Nokia's business model. That has nothing to do with how successful one or another company is. Hasn't big MS been copying small Apple a lot in the past - according to some people?

Wow, just wow.

So are you saying that Apple has some magical ability to copy a competitors phone, bring it to mass production and have tens of millions of them ready for sale within a few weeks of the 625's release?

Man, I'd like some of what you been smoking.
post #62 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepen03 View Post

these anti-iPhone ads were awesome! Genius timing by the competition! Expose Apple for their BS marketing and complete joke of a press event. the 5C is a joke, it's an iPhone 5 in plastic with a few minor upgrades. and the 5S is the same tiny 4inch phone with a few new features to keep the sheep coming back to Apple! I'll be enjoying my S4, after owning 3 iPhones in the past. Your time of dominance has passed, Apple.

When will my S4 get 64bit?

Apple did it first...

...again!
post #63 of 65
Probably around the time it get's it first system update...in a year or two.

Or three.
post #64 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by simply258 View Post

Apple never said the iPhone C would be a low cost phone...No one expected the 3G and 3GS to be low cost.

No, no, no, you are ruining the narrative.
post #65 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

It's the claim that one of the most successful cell phone players in the industry saw the dismal sales of one of the least successful then decided to 'copy' them to gain more success that a few people are having an issue with.

GTR. I know you have a good sense of humor so I think you'll find this spoof hilarious! lol.gif It's all in fun.
What do Crocs and the 5C have in common?
Edited by Gatorguy - 9/12/13 at 10:02am
melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Samsung, others try to rain on Apple's iPhone parade with ads surrounding coverage
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Samsung, others try to rain on Apple's iPhone parade with ads surrounding coverage