or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Microsoft continues its attack on Apple with new ads panning iPhone 5c & 5s colors [u]

Microsoft continues its attack on Apple with new ads panning iPhone 5c & 5s colors [u] - Page 5

post #161 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

When I commented before, I hadn't seen the commercial, but I just did, and holy cow!!!!!

That is a sick Steve Jobs (with cancer) sitting there and also Jony Ives.

This is truly one disgusting commercial! And mocking the dead?

Microsoft truly has no shame, what a crap company.

I only saw one of the videos. I agree it was crap and am happy to assume that the others were equally poor.

I too assumed that the two rear of heads were supposed to be those of Jobs and Ive but I think you protest too loudly apropos the cancer element. I could not see anything which mocked Jobs' illness. Indeed the two heads were not even directly mocked.

post #162 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash471 View Post

What? Society depicts dead people all the time, especially leaders in society.  Most money in the world has dead people printed on it.  I'm sure we could find almost all the well-known presidents of the US in some cartoon from the last couple decades.

Your comment says a lot about you as well.  It shows you make knee-jerk reactions instead of being able to intelligently analyze a situation. The video doesn't make fun of or disparage his death or his cancer.  It uses him in the role that he played....the CEO of Apple.

You are also wrong about the video being used to sell phones.  As many people have pointed out, Microsoft didn't say anything about their phones, they only disparaged Apple.  Therefore, your comment about "depicting dead people in an attempt to sell phones" is completely irrelevant.

Also, the word is "recognize," not "recognise."

In the main I agree with the sentiment of your post.

I would however like to point out that the majority of people that  speak English natively live outside of the USA. There are many words that we spell the original way, recognise, is one such word.

post #163 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash471 View Post

Your comment says a lot about you as well.  It shows you make knee-jerk reactions instead of being able to intelligently analyze a situation. 

Also, the word is "recognize," not "recognise." .

I'm able to intelligently analyse enough to see that you're just ignorantly defending your opinion on one of the poorest selling devices in the market.

And don't even know that different countries use different types of English.

British
US
apologize or apologise
apologize
organize or organise
organize
recognize or recognise
recognize

Edited by GTR - 9/15/13 at 1:48pm
post #164 of 176
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Sesame Street ABC book cover, now deleted.

Zed Zed Top.

Edited by Tallest Skil - 9/15/13 at 8:13am

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
post #165 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by faZZter View Post

WP8 is just the start of a snowball. It may grow bigger and faster as it goes. Apple is dominant now but what about in 10 years? Who knows.

This snowball of yours is going downhill, right¿
post #166 of 176

Erm... wouldn't a snow ball rolling down a hill gather both momentum and mass?

Just saying ;)

post #167 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Wow, that you even respond to such...posts. I'd just let him burn to ash.

Woodn't that have been a good idea. 1wink.gif
post #168 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungover View Post

Erm... wouldn't a snow ball rolling down a hill gather both momentum and mass?

Just saying ;)

Sure, it's gaining momentum and mass, but the question is also, where it's going.

So that would imply it's going down faster and with more consequences.

So if the WP8 is the snowball going downhill, maybe it takes the entire Windows ecosystem and M$ down with it, and doing so faster and with more impact than one might expect?

(not making that prediction, just following through on the metaphor...)

post #169 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeFowler View Post

And Apple adopted Bing in iOS 7. Talk about bite the hand that feeds you. Sad, amateurish, desperate and disrespectful.

Huh?

Why should Apple stick with Google for iOS 7? What has Google done for Apple?

(Note: I don't know if it's true that Apple is switching to Bing for iOS 7, but the above logic doesn't make any sense if they did).
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
post #170 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Huh?

Why should Apple stick with Google for iOS 7? What has Google done for Apple?

(Note: I don't know if it's true that Apple is switching to Bing for iOS 7, but the above logic doesn't make any sense if they did).

He means at the same time Apple may be switching to Bing Microsoft ramps up ridicule of Apple products.

Microsoft biting the hand that feeds it.
melior diabolus quem scies
post #171 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeFowler View Post

And Apple adopted Bing in iOS 7.

If so, anyone 'know' or able to guestimate what the impact will be to Google, financially?
post #172 of 176
Quote:

If so, anyone 'know' or able to guestimate what the impact will be to Google, financially?
Besides saving a $Billion or two shared with Apple? By 2015 Google's mobile ad revenues have been projected at around 10% of Google gross revenues. Assuming about half of that comes via iOS and some significant part of that could flow Microsoft's way, yeah it could negatively affect them. I think Google would still hold a good part of it anyway thru their iOS services like YouTube and browsers like Chrome and Firefox as well as maintaining their overall market lead in mobile ad share.
post #173 of 176
Underdog

This is complete idiocy. Microsoft has an innovation problem, which is getting exposed now. They are literally failed in all aspect of modern technological advance and has become the greatest underdog of the current century. Instead of addressing their innovation crisis they are simply trying to mock Apple which will only get backfire with a vengeance.

Today Apple products are formidable in every sense as it has a magical touch in merging hardware, software and services with simplicity where the consumer do not feel any difference. The moment you switch to Apple there is no turning back as it makes your digital experience colourful be it a novice or expert users, whereas Microsoft make that experience worse to pathetic by escalating the saturation of black and white with the passage of time.

Today Microsoft the greatest underdog of the century is sinking in the middle of technological crisis. They don’t have any ideal how to surge ahead as their business strategy is based on a foundation of copy … cut … paste or even go to the extend of stealing which is no longer going to work in their favor because no one can just survive by cheating. When this is no longer going to work what else you can expect mock, criticize and turn a blind eye towards those mind blowing technologies being innovated by others with simplicity.
post #174 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Quote:

Besides saving a $Billion or two shared with Apple? By 2015 Google's mobile ad revenues have been projected at around 10% of Google gross revenues. Assuming about half of that comes via iOS and some significant part of that could flow Microsoft's way, yeah it could negatively affect them. I think Google would still hold a good part of it anyway thru their iOS services like YouTube and browsers like Chrome and Firefox as well as maintaining their overall market lead in mobile ad share.

10% in 2015 on mobile ads. So that is not really a big part of their overall income and wouldn't matter that much if Apple indeed defaulted search to Bing in iOS7. Since it's not released yet, we don't know.

I don't use Chrome, nor FF and never go to YT myself. I wonder who, apart from us techies at AI, are in the same boat. I presumed mobile ad revenue would be larger than 10%, but apparently they have many more sources of income. Which is a good thing, you wouldn't want to be relying on a single product. Supposedly Apple generates 50% revenue from the iPhone alone, which might be the reason for Wall Street to value the stock as it is.
post #175 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeejucm View Post

This is complete idiocy. Microsoft has an innovation problem, which is getting exposed now. They are literally failed in all aspect of modern technological advance and has become the greatest underdog of the current century. Instead of addressing their innovation crisis they are simply trying to mock Apple which will only get backfire with a vengeance.

Yes, they have been floundering, but they are still big, rich, with a large installed base and have competent staff. All they need (imho) is the right CEO and they could become very dangerous again very quickly. And a change of CEO has already gone in to motion.

post #176 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

Except I didn't.

Seems tribalogical didn't (which was my point). He wrote, "Most people used MS/Windows because "everyone else did" and it was "the standard".

Yes, I guess  your point was to focus on the one thing you thought I misspoke about, while ignoring my point altogether… right? It was my point he said you missed. Get that?

And ooh, using that bold and italics for emphasis is fun!

My point was, that in that far flung past, Apple did take aim at a certain "class" of user. Pretty simple really.

I was also alluding to the modern auto-association between MS/Windows and PC… not many people see "PC" and think "IBM" anymore…  Likewise, if I casually mention "Beatles" to a younger crowd, I typically hear "Who's that??" If the topic is pop music, I'll generalize more so I can be understood. I was generalizing about the past, not so much about the specific year.

It's cool that you are historically knowledgable. I wasn't being as accurate as I could have. I probably should have written "PC" again, instead of referring to the familiar association, as in "…most people used PCs because "everyone else did" and it was the "standard".  

So yeah, back to the original point… any comment, or do you just want to talk more about my seeming errors?

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Microsoft continues its attack on Apple with new ads panning iPhone 5c & 5s colors [u]
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Microsoft continues its attack on Apple with new ads panning iPhone 5c & 5s colors [u]