or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Pictures claim to show Apple's 'space gray' second-gen iPad mini shell

Pictures claim to show Apple's 'space gray' second-gen iPad mini shell - Page 2

post #41 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Ugh. 

you do realise that's not real. It's just a mock up. the gold iPhone 5 doesn't look like that.
post #42 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Mini is okay for taking pictures.

Taking pictures with the regular iPad makes all Apple users look like the sterotype ( yuppy with very little tech knowlege)

Are the iPhone/iPod the only Apple devices capable of taking 16:9 pics which fit on every TV monitor known to man?

Where's the new Apple TV?

Where's the new Apple TV?
post #43 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

It's going 64 bit, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the 5S is the only device getting Touch ID this year, like the Siri release.

I'm not so sure. With Apple putting a password manager into iOS 7 it would make sense for them to put a biometric lock on as many devices as possible.
post #44 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by PScooter63 View Post

At a stadium, or a public aquarium (at a scheduled feeding time), or a similar audience-type event... holding a tablet over the heads of the people in front of you significantly blocks the view for others behind you.  It's rude and thoughtless, especially if the tablet-holder is capturing video.

I was just going to say this: it can obscure the view of others behind you who may want to see/take a picture of the same thing.  The fact that many people don't see this instinctively makes me wonder if perception of the impact of our actions on others is being lost to adaptive evolution (serves no purpose in a society based on self-interest) or the fact that we're just too absorbed in our devices all the time.

post #45 of 53
Quote:

It's going 64 bit, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the 5S is the only device getting Touch ID this year, like the Siri release.

Siri is hands free… my guess is iPad's still are considered more visual.

TouchID… I have a strong feeling that the Big iPad(s?) will get TouchID.   More often than not, as a professional mobile workstation, the stuff on my iPad is more sensitive than my iPhone (well, basically, in iCloud, it's on both;-)
post #46 of 53
Take my money now!
post #47 of 53
Quote:

Ugh. 

It's only missing a chain to wear it around the neck.

Yeaaahhhh boyyyyyyyy
post #48 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Looks like Liquidmetal?

Liquid metal looks like chrome. Nothing like this.

Disagree. It is much more greyish than chrome.

In terms of color and look, Liquidmetal alloy looks like a normal metal, more like stainless steel than aluminum, albeit with its own distinct metallic color." That's Dr. Atakan Peker, one of the researchers behind Liquidmetal.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

post #49 of 53

I also prefer to think of "space grey" as "NeXT grey & black."

I think of it as “Original iPhone (thanks, NeXT)”.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
post #50 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarEnergy View Post

No flash at all, so low light photos will be still out of the question, looks like.

I know, right? Without the 10 trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion lumen flash bulb on the Hubble Space Telescope, we would not have those pictures of galaxies at the edge of the known universe. 1wink.gif

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #51 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

Are the iPhone/iPod the only Apple devices capable of taking 16:9 pics which fit on every TV monitor known to man?

No, and not every TV monitor known to man is 16:9.

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #52 of 53
Quote:

...but it could easily be argued that adding features that encourages people to take photos with iPads is not a good thing.

That would be a good thing, discouraging this, IMO.

Quote:

If I want to take a video of a person walking and keep that person in frame, a "portrait" video is the perfect framing for that.  It's good for lots of things.  

People should forget about how everything "used to be" and move forward IMO.  When I see a portrait video on a widescreen display and it's awkward, the first thing I think is not "that idiot shouldn't have taken this video in portrait mode," it's ... "why can't I swing my TV around on the wall to watch this properly?"  The displays should always adapt to the content not the other way around.    

Pulling your leg here:

Props to you on getting unbanned, never seen that before.
post #53 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Quote:

Ugh. 

you do realise that's not real. It's just a mock up. the gold iPhone 5 doesn't look like that.

Maybe that's because it's not an iPhone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

No, and not every TV monitor known to man is 16:9.

Strange comment from pazuzu there; the AR of iPhone photos are 4:3. Which was kinda weird with the 3.5" phones as that was AR 2:3. Got even weirder with the 4" model. You can take a photo, review it, and zoom out to see more (with iOS7, you can't zoom out of the photo anymore; it takes you into 'Moments')

It makes it very difficult to compose a photo, as you don't see the whole frame on the 'live' screen (it gets chopped off).
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Pictures claim to show Apple's 'space gray' second-gen iPad mini shell
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Pictures claim to show Apple's 'space gray' second-gen iPad mini shell