or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple releases iTunes 11.1 with iOS 7 support, iTunes Radio, Genius Shuffle, more

Apple releases iTunes 11.1 with iOS 7 support, iTunes Radio, Genius Shuffle, more

post #1 of 98
Ahead of the launch of iOS 7, Apple on Wednesday released iTunes 11.1, an update for its media suite that includes the new iTunes Radio for streaming music, as well as a new Genius Shuffle feature.

iTunes

iTunes 11.1 is available for download from Apple's website, and is also available for both Mac OS X and Windows. Features in the new software, according to Apple, include:
  • Tunes Radio. Choose from over 250 stations or start a new one from your favorite artist or song. Enjoy iTunes Radio ad-free once you subscribe to iTunes Match.
  • Genius Shuffle. Introducing a magical new way to experience your music library. Choose Genius Shuffle and iTunes instantly plays songs that go great together. Click it again to hear something new?enjoying your music has never been this easy.
  • Podcast Stations. You can now create custom stations of your favorite podcasts that update automatically with new episodes. Your stations, subscriptions, and current play position sync over iCloud to the Podcasts app.
  • Sync with iOS 7. You can now use iTunes to sync your favorite music, movies, and more to devices with iOS 7. In addition, iTunes now makes it even easier to quickly organize and sync apps to your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

iOS 7 is expected to arrive for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch around 10 a.m. Pacific, 1 p.m. Eastern, based on Apple's previous release schedules. It will be available through iTunes 11.1, as well as the Software Update section of the iOS Settings application.
post #2 of 98
Not sure I understand Genius Shuffle. How is it different from what Genius already does?

censored

censored

post #3 of 98
But, have they fixed Itunes for PC so that it doesn't lag and hang so much. I understand it is made for Macs, but some of us don't have the luxury of having them. An increase in speed, esp during start-up would be great!
post #4 of 98

9:02am, update software in iTunes says I have the latest at version 11.05. Tried downloading from Apple and it's downloading version 11.05 even though the iTunes page talks about version 11.1. EDIT: Tried again a few minutes later and downloading 11.1 from Apples website. iTunes still says 11.05 is the latest version though while trying to update from there.

Help! I'm trapped in a white dungeon of amazing precision and impeccable tolerances!

Help! I'm trapped in a white dungeon of amazing precision and impeccable tolerances!

post #5 of 98
For me still 11.0.5 For Windows 8 x64...
post #6 of 98

Sigh. Still waiting for iRadio here in Germany. Likewise, how long until push mail on iCould is back on?

Just typing to pass time until iOS7... ;-)

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, my opinion, man.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, my opinion, man.
post #7 of 98
Just downloaded from 11.1 from Apple's Website. Still nothing from Apple Software Update though...
post #8 of 98

It is good that they are releasing iOS 7 days before the new iPhones. But I really think Apple should have released iTunes yesterday instead of releasing everything today.

post #9 of 98
post #10 of 98
Beat me to it go to iTunes page on apple'a site.
post #11 of 98
No iRadio tab in the Music App??
post #12 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarenDino View Post

No iRadio tab in the Music App??

Nope, looks like they haven't activated it yet.

post #13 of 98

not only that, I cannot update any apps in iTunes, been trying to update Gmail app and getting 'there is an error in iTunes store, please try again later' message

post #14 of 98

i just downloaded iTunes11.1 & waiting for the iOS7 update

post #15 of 98

all my itunes help pages are blank

post #16 of 98
I downloaded it through Apple's website but my Mac can't open it (disk image "not recognized")
post #17 of 98
An I'm still up to date with iOS 6.1.4. Bother!
post #18 of 98
I would like the option to download HD 24bit audio tracks and albums - come on Apple, Steve wanted this too! Will it ever happen?
post #19 of 98

Still nothing for me.  I am in Arizona and I have nothing in Software Update and apple.com still shows 11.0.5 for me.

-- Mike Eggleston
-- Mac Fanatic since 1984.
-- Proud Member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals
-- Wii #: 8913 3004 4519 2027

-- Mike Eggleston
-- Mac Fanatic since 1984.
-- Proud Member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals
-- Wii #: 8913 3004 4519 2027

post #20 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1983 View Post

I would like the option to download HD 24bit audio tracks and albums - come on Apple, Steve wanted this too! Will it ever happen?

It's not up to (just) Apple ... the record labels have to agree to it before it can happen.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
post #21 of 98

I just downloaded ITunes 11.1 from site, but the dmg is not recognized.

rmusikantow
rmusikantow
post #22 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by loekf View Post

http://appldnld.apple.com/iTunes11/041-8598.20130918.Exe55/iTunes64Setup.exe

(via Support -> Downloads)

This works for me on Windows 8 Pro x64

Thank you. No via software update or website.
post #23 of 98

Man, all the instant gratification whining is pathetic. Can't wait, gotta be the first, where's it at, come one Apple, lame, I'm so bummed out, not here yet¡

post #24 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmusikantow View Post

I just downloaded ITunes 11.1 from site, but the dmg is not recognized.

probably corrupted ... you're gonna have to re-download it.

post #25 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1337 View Post

For me still 11.0.5 For Windows 8 x64...

Comment: no comment.
I’d rather have a better product than a better price.
I’d rather have a better product than a better price.
post #26 of 98
I need the 32bit Windows version :-(
post #27 of 98

D/L'ed 11.1 from Apple.  Installed fine, and the first screen I got was iTunes Radio.  Messing around with it now.  I've never used Pandora or anything, so this is a different experience for me.

EDIT:  Ahh, ok.  So, when it switches songs, it gives a little slide-in notification, like a Twitter msg.  Cool.

post #28 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post

D/L'ed 11.1 from Apple.  Installed fine, and the first screen I got was iTunes Radio.  Messing around with it now.  I've never used Pandora or anything, so this is a different experience for me.

I can also confirm that iTunes radio does work outside US :)

post #29 of 98
I tried to download 11.1 too, but I get a DMG image that my Mac doesn't recognize?

MacBook Pro 13, MacBook Air 11, The "new" iPad 64GB WiFi & iPhone 4S

MacBook Pro 13, MacBook Air 11, The "new" iPad 64GB WiFi & iPhone 4S

post #30 of 98
For me, at Apple Br website: iTunes 11.1 64 bits only
post #31 of 98

Same here. It only downloads a 353 kb file and then the disk image isn't recognized. 

post #32 of 98

I got an 11.05 page the first few times I refreshed just now. Then got the 11.1 page, but in two efforts to download, I get a 354 byte iTunes11.1dmg file and no further downloading. Odd.

Update: just refreshed the iTunes download page and I am back to 11.05.

post #33 of 98
Just downloaded the new iTunes, and iTune Radio is radio done right. Easy, intuitive, and fun to use. Took no time to learn and find my favorite kinds of music. Wow!
post #34 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by loekf View Post

http://appldnld.apple.com/iTunes11/041-8598.20130918.Exe55/iTunes64Setup.exe

(via Support -> Downloads)

This is Win 64, in case anyone was confused. The OSX DL is .dmg.

I had no trouble downloading directly from the download page, which is very easy to find on the site, but here it is if you don't want to type apple.com and click twice.

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
Edited by DeanSolecki - 9/18/13 at 9:48am
post #35 of 98

Digging iTunes Radio, very awesome. 

iMac 2007, Macbook pro 2008, Mac Mini 2011
iMac 2007, Macbook pro 2008, Mac Mini 2011
post #36 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post

I downloaded it through Apple's website but my Mac can't open it (disk image "not recognized")

Yeah, same here. I'm a non developer using the beta and was wondering if that had something to do with it.

Can anyone confirm?
post #37 of 98

Downloaded 11.1 in Canada. Installed fine. iRadio does not show up :(

post #38 of 98

I was having the same exact problem. Then, I waited a few minutes and clicked and now it's finally downloading the real deal. Interesting. 

post #39 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeloRandy View Post

I tried to download 11.1 too, but I get a DMG image that my Mac doesn't recognize?

Your mac does recognize .dmg, and that is the file you want. You should delete it and reinstall, but if you're feeling inquisitive you might look at the "get info" and determine whether or not the stated file size is different than the round about 215mb that it should be. But this will avail you of nothing if the file is corrupted, so either way you will probably need to reinstall it unless there is something else wrong with your mac.
post #40 of 98

Siftware Update not up to date yet.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple releases iTunes 11.1 with iOS 7 support, iTunes Radio, Genius Shuffle, more