or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple releases iTunes 11.1 with iOS 7 support, iTunes Radio, Genius Shuffle, more
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple releases iTunes 11.1 with iOS 7 support, iTunes Radio, Genius Shuffle, more - Page 3

post #81 of 98

I have iTunes 11.1 but I notice the icon is not high quality or high res, quite pixelly.  Can anyone else confirm this is the case with them also, or is it just me?  Especially with the Dock zoom, using a 27" iMac, when next to the Mac App Store icon it looks terrible.

post #82 of 98

Something is a bit off with iTunes Radio.    I create a Daft Punk radio station, first song is by Daft Punk.. ok obvious genre match. next song is "Staying Alive" by the the Bee Gees.  lol.   I better go read that AI article about Apple looking to hire a genre "expert".

"Building for the future?! They should be running around reacting to the present!" -John Moltz
Reply
"Building for the future?! They should be running around reacting to the present!" -John Moltz
Reply
post #83 of 98

I'm not surprised - DaftPunk is stealing a lot from the Disco era ... and after all, on Random Access Memories they do have a tribute song to Giorgio Moroder ...

post #84 of 98

OK, upgraded my iPhone 5 and the iPad mini is rebooting. I need the JBs for my iPad3 since I use a BT keyboard and mouse. Think it's time for a cleaning of my ios devices, so I'll add apps as I need them instead of restoring a backup. Only problem is that I was only updating apps directly on the iOS devices ... wonder how slow the app server is going to be to upgrade them all in iTunes.

post #85 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacbec View Post

Suggestion for Apple, Next time throw all the names of the 50 states in a hat and pick 1-50, then allow downloads each hour from the 50 states – or BUY MORE SERVERS! Where are you Steve now when we need you.

The world is bigger than the US. Way too big for you, I'd say.
Android seems to be an illiterate product, as they only have numbers to show for.
Reply
Android seems to be an illiterate product, as they only have numbers to show for.
Reply
post #86 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by elehcdn View Post

OK, upgraded my iPhone 5 and the iPad mini is rebooting. I need the JBs for my iPad3 since I use a BT keyboard and mouse. Think it's time for a cleaning of my ios devices, so I'll add apps as I need them instead of restoring a backup. Only problem is that I was only updating apps directly on the iOS devices ... wonder how slow the app server is going to be to upgrade them all in iTunes.

You should've done that yesterday then, but ok, now too late. I'd say wait till tomorrow, things will most definitely have settled down by then. I usually update software like this the day after release, and it's speed is normal then. Just updated to iOS7 today and its speed was ok, but not 'fast'.
Android seems to be an illiterate product, as they only have numbers to show for.
Reply
Android seems to be an illiterate product, as they only have numbers to show for.
Reply
post #87 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by StruckPaper View Post
 

 

Yet ... These things always get pushed to 3rd world countries a bit later. ;-)

 

LOL!!!

Help! I'm trapped in a white dungeon of amazing precision and impeccable tolerances!

Reply

Help! I'm trapped in a white dungeon of amazing precision and impeccable tolerances!

Reply
post #88 of 98

when is itunes radio, etc going to be released for Apple TV?

post #89 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple_Fan_Boy View Post

when is itunes radio, etc going to be released for Apple TV?

Right now it's US only. I guess they'll first want it available on mobile iOS in more countries before moving to the living. Besides, Apple doesn't get to dictate this.
Android seems to be an illiterate product, as they only have numbers to show for.
Reply
Android seems to be an illiterate product, as they only have numbers to show for.
Reply
post #90 of 98
Quote:
Your selection contains more than one kind of media.

All items must be the same kind in order to view or edit them together.

Apparently Apple is making more changes to iTunes just because? iTunes 11.1(126) just broke my podcast regime. I listen to an average of 6-8 hours of podcasts per day. Most I download from the iTunes Store, others I get direct from the artists' websites. Those files import as music, but I change them every day to podcasts. That is until today with a brand new iTunes 11.1, which I downloaded so I can retain compatibility with my forthcoming iPhone 5S. Now I cannot make a mass change of media to Podcast. WHAT THE H@!!? Who thought this was a good idea?

It's bad enough that iTunes 9 broke the ability to manually re-order items in a playlist meaning that I have to spend 10 minutes per day simply renaming my media ("ABC Podcast" --> "13-09-19 ABC Podcast") so they play in order.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
post #91 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooteristi View Post

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Perhaps this can help you out a little

http://dougscripts.com/itunes/
Android seems to be an illiterate product, as they only have numbers to show for.
Reply
Android seems to be an illiterate product, as they only have numbers to show for.
Reply
post #92 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooteristi View Post

Apparently Apple is making more changes to iTunes just because? iTunes 11.1(126) just broke my podcast regime. I listen to an average of 6-8 hours of podcasts per day. Most I download from the iTunes Store, others I get direct from the artists' websites. Those files import as music, but I change them every day to podcasts. That is until today with a brand new iTunes 11.1, which I downloaded so I can retain compatibility with my forthcoming iPhone 5S. Now I cannot make a mass change of media to Podcast. WHAT THE H@!!? Who thought this was a good idea?

It's bad enough that iTunes 9 broke the ability to manually re-order items in a playlist meaning that I have to spend 10 minutes per day simply renaming my media ("ABC Podcast" --> "13-09-19 ABC Podcast") so they play in order.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Why can't you do a "mass change on podcasts?" I can still edit them. And you might have trouble reordering a smart playlist, but if you are talking about a manual playlist, the only thing that would prevent it is if you have shuffle on. You can still drag and drop to reorder tracks.
NW '98
"Everything works, in theory..."
Reply
NW '98
"Everything works, in theory..."
Reply
post #93 of 98
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post
4) Disabling 'Limit Ad Tracking' is a nice touch

 

Ah, good; I’m not the only one to notice that. It’s just for iTunes Radio, yeah? I couldn’t think of any other reason iTunes would need it.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #94 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Quote:
4) Disabling 'Limit Ad Tracking' is a nice touch

Ah, good; I’m not the only one to notice that. It’s just for iTunes Radio, yeah? I couldn’t think of any other reason iTunes would need it.

I'm not too certain as iTunes Radio is a US-only service. There are ads in the Internet radiation streams, perhaps it's used there.
Android seems to be an illiterate product, as they only have numbers to show for.
Reply
Android seems to be an illiterate product, as they only have numbers to show for.
Reply
post #95 of 98
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post
I'm not too certain as iTunes Radio is a US-only service. There are ads in the Internet radiation streams, perhaps it's used there.

 

But there have always been ads on those stations. They’re just the data downstream; nothing intelligent about them (like iAds or Google ads can be).

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #96 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

But there have always been ads on those stations. They’re just the data downstream; nothing intelligent about them (like iAds or Google ads can be).

You're right. And I can't find an answer. Also not in last years' thread
http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/152573/apple-adds-new-limit-ad-tracking-feature-to-ios-6
Android seems to be an illiterate product, as they only have numbers to show for.
Reply
Android seems to be an illiterate product, as they only have numbers to show for.
Reply
post #97 of 98
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post
You're right. And I can't find an answer. Also not in last years' thread
http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/152573/apple-adds-new-limit-ad-tracking-feature-to-ios-6

 

Easiest thing to assume is that it’s just iTunes Radio.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #98 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Easiest thing to assume is that it’s just iTunes Radio.

Must be. Makes sense to not create a localized version just for the US. Just look at the mess MS is in with their language packs.
Android seems to be an illiterate product, as they only have numbers to show for.
Reply
Android seems to be an illiterate product, as they only have numbers to show for.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple releases iTunes 11.1 with iOS 7 support, iTunes Radio, Genius Shuffle, more