or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple releases redesigned iOS 7 for iPhone & iPad with Control Center, AirDrop, iTunes Radio, more

Apple releases redesigned iOS 7 for iPhone & iPad with Control Center, AirDrop, iTunes Radio, more - Page 5

post #161 of 245
Downloaded in 20 minutes but its taking over 30 to verify. Wtf.
post #162 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9 View Post

Downloaded in 20 minutes but its taking over 30 to verify. Wtf.

Hang in there. I had 27 verification fails but finally it finished. 1smile.gif
Use duckduckgo.com with Safari, not Google Search
Been using Apples since 1978 and Macs since 1984
Long on AAPL so biased. Strong advocate for separation of technology and politics on AI.
Long on AAPL so biased. Strong advocate for separation of technology and politics on AI.
post #163 of 245
Yeah. I know it's the server getting hammered. The frustrating part is that whenever a new update comes out I have minimal time to update and try out stuff. I won't really get to use it until tomorrow. I have classes to teach tonight.

That's what I get for having a fan boy problem
post #164 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1337 View Post

Can someone who succesfully updated to iOS 7 from iOS 6 or older please send me in personal message 

Model : iPhone 5

Version : 7.0 (11A465)

example

Comeone guys 1biggrin.gif

I did already

Do you want one from each device or is the iPad I sent enough?
post #165 of 245

Each device that gets iOS7 but you are only one who did it :/

post #166 of 245

Strange, seems trolls having trouble and lengthy waits. Strange. Wonder why? :-)

Edited by mhikl - 9/18/13 at 1:21pm

When I find time to rewrite the laws of Physics, there'll Finally be some changes made round here!

I am not crazy! Three out of five court appointed psychiatrists said so.

When I find time to rewrite the laws of Physics, there'll Finally be some changes made round here!

I am not crazy! Three out of five court appointed psychiatrists said so.

post #167 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhikl View Post

Strange, seems trolls having trouble and lengthy waits. Strange. Wonder why? 1smile.gif

I was thinking the same thing but to be fair, I had a ton of start overs and if you didn't know how to it could be confusing. I just selected a different option in Settings, went back to Software Update, agreed again and started over ... probably 50 times ... but several gin and tonics later I got it 1smile.gif

BTW I already had the GM on several devices but was updating all my wife's devices today. Even us Devs have to suffer too 1wink.gif
post #168 of 245

Just updated to 10.8.5 - download really fast. Love the new look. Snappier?!

post #169 of 245
My iPad mini has been giving me download failures all afternoon, and now it's saying 6.1.3 is up to date.

Has anyone gotten the iPad upgrade to work, or was there a problem and Apple pulled it?
post #170 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1337 View Post

Can someone who succesfully updated to iOS 7 from iOS 6 or older please send me in personal message 

Model : iPhone 5

Version : 7.0 (11A465)

example

On the Dev website it used to say "GM"...now it says "release version"...and iOS 7 Build: 11A465.  So the latest GM version IS the same as the "release version."

post #171 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeymick View Post

Just updated to 10.8.5 - download really fast. Love the new look. Snappier?!

You ain't seen not'in yet ...10.9 screams 1smile.gif
post #172 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by @tiger View Post

On the Dev website it used to say "GM"...now it says "release version"...and iOS 7 Build: 11A465.  So the latest GM version IS the same as the "release version."

Isn't that par for the course?
post #173 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Still downloading...  "Preparing Update"

Passing the time watching old TV clips on YouTube... The Monkeys... Gilligan's Island...  Makes it impossible to be stressed out about a slow download...  and being awake all night with work looming in a few hours...

I found a few G & Ts helped ...

OMG it isn't 5 yet!
post #174 of 245
The good news is if Apple's servers are being hit this hard iOS7 is destined to be a very successful launch. See Microsoft and Google ... quality, innovation and just being darned nice helps. 1smile.gif

Can't wait to Gatorguy's ever so polite response from Google HQ. 1smile.gif
post #175 of 245

Took me multiple tries and a handful of failures but finally got it after about two hours. 

Wow this is a bit jarring. The movement of things is different. Wasn't expecting that. Will take a little getting used to. 

post #176 of 245

* iTunes Radio is available only in selected countries.....

Which is to say like ... one.

post #177 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinolo View Post

* iTunes Radio is available only in selected countries.....

Which is to say like ... one.

But the good news is it's really good in that 'one' ... 1smile.gif (I emigrated for reasons just like this!)

Seriously, I'm sure its coming to the outer regions of the known Universe soon.
post #178 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Good morning, everyone.

You're all looking considerably more pastelly than before...

That's because we all just Samsunged iOS7 from Apple.
"See her this weekend. You hit it off, come Turkey Day, maybe you can stuff her."
- Roger Sterling
"See her this weekend. You hit it off, come Turkey Day, maybe you can stuff her."
- Roger Sterling
post #179 of 245
Anyone notice the clock on the home screen is now animated with the present time. 1smile.gif love it!
post #180 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaker9999 View Post

Not my first post, couldn't remember the password to my other account. Joke's on you.. 1cool.gif

You're not allowed to create a 2nd account and should have used the Lost password option.
- Roger Sterling
- Roger Sterling
post #181 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaker9999 View Post

Not my first post, couldn't remember the password to my other account. Joke's on you.. 1cool.gif

You're not allowed to create a 2nd account and should have used the Lost password option.

Really? Where did you read that it is not allowed?

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

post #182 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by iaeen View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

My clock only goes to 12. 1wink.gif

Sounds like your clock is missing half of the day 1wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdyB View Post

UK & I didn't start until 18.06 local time!!

My clock only goes to 12. 1wink.gif

More like the other guys overclocked his!
- Roger Sterling
- Roger Sterling
post #183 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Quote:

It's not in the TOS (which is very short) but has been mentioned more than once by mods/admins (not Neil, the other guy)
- Roger Sterling
- Roger Sterling
post #184 of 245
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It's not in the TOS (which is very short) but has been mentioned more than once by mods/admins (not Neil, the other guy)

I think it depends on what someone does with the other account. Like if they use one as a sock puppet or in case they got banned to log in again, but this user, who mentioned he forgot his login, isn't doing anything nefarious. Perhaps he no longer has access to the email account he used to register originally.

post #185 of 245

I can't update anything, all devices have errors, including the macs.  No better than windows if you asked me

Error on iTunes installation: 

The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1102.)(102)

Edited by herbapou - 9/18/13 at 2:58pm
post #186 of 245

You'd think that Apple would Finally have the capacity to allow for enough connections to download?

I first tried downloading OS7 from the new iTunes on my computer, kept receiving Error messages.  Tried at least 6 times... Then I tried to upgrade on both my iPad and iPhone form their "Updates." The downloads worked however when I tried to "Install Now," I see both of them "Verifying update..." to end up with "Software Update Unavailable."  Why is this still happening Apple?

Seems very weird that I can download the software successfully , it's shows on both of my devices, however it never works to install!

Believe if Steve were still around, somebody would be in trouble.  

Things like this is why my Apple stock keeps dropping, incompetence.  Can't wait to try and order a new 5s tomorrow. ;-(

post #187 of 245

I was able to download the update on my iPad however I still can't get it to install.

You'd think Apple would have planned these upgrades better?  Their becoming a real joke...

post #188 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by tome01 View Post

Seems very weird that I can download the software successfully , it's shows on both of my devices, however it never works to install!

Apart from downloading, the system also needs to verify and authenticate with Apple servers. Those can be overloaded too.
- Roger Sterling
- Roger Sterling
post #189 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by iVince View Post

Been going an hour, currently at 9 hours remaining.  Then 8.  No, 9 again.

Won't verify won't verify won't verif... brr

MacBook Pro 17" early-2011 with 8GB RAM, iPhone 5 64GB white

MacBook Pro 17" early-2011 with 8GB RAM, iPhone 5 64GB white

post #190 of 245
Quote:

Perhaps he no longer has access to the email account he used to register originally.

That is indeed a possibility. Especially if he registered with Yahoo!
- Roger Sterling
- Roger Sterling
post #191 of 245

First time post...happy to be here!!

Downloaded iOS 7 & and so far I am loving it with the exception of one MAJOR issue.  My iPhone 5 is not receiving incoming calls!  I can make calls, get voicemails and messages fine, but when someone calls me, I have no idea they are calling.  This happening to anyone else?  Thoughts?

post #192 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Daddy View Post

LOL.....huge difference. 

OK, so it's not just me.  That's good to know. :)

I worry about these things sometimes.  LOL
post #193 of 245
In and done on my iPad mini. Me likey!
post #194 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by tome01 View Post

You'd think that Apple would Finally have the capacity to allow for enough connections to download?

There is no way ANY company could prepare for such a mad rush of requests. It would be logistically impossible. Apple would probably have to increase their capacity ten fold. Instead of Apple needing to up their connections, how about people just be more patient? God forbid that ever happens!!!

Disclaimer: The things I say are merely my own personal opinion and may or may not be based on facts. At certain points in any discussion, sarcasm may ensue.
Disclaimer: The things I say are merely my own personal opinion and may or may not be based on facts. At certain points in any discussion, sarcasm may ensue.
post #195 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by peev34 View Post

First time post...happy to be here!!

Downloaded iOS 7 & and so far I am loving it with the exception of one MAJOR issue.  My iPhone 5 is not receiving incoming calls!  I can make calls, get voicemails and messages fine, but when someone calls me, I have no idea they are calling.  This happening to anyone else?  Thoughts?
DND?
post #196 of 245
When I try to download it using iTunes 11.0.5 it says it needs 11.0.5. When it launches App to get the iTunes update, it says I have the latest version of iTunes. Sounds like Apple has goofed this up.
post #197 of 245
On iP5 works silky-smooth. On iPad3 it is a bit laggy... But the icons look better 1wink.gif
post #198 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

I can't update anything, all devices have errors, including the macs.  No better than windows if you asked me

Error on iTunes installation: 

The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1102.)(102)

You know that totally looks like a DNS error. I just checked and apple.com only has 8 name servers and I sort of suspect that some of them are old machines based on the naming conventions. I wonder if that is not the entire problem.

post #199 of 245

OK, which of you broke Siri?!  This is the longest relationship I've had in years!  Damn you!

PS:  Siri, while she was working, was HUGELY improved.  

post #200 of 245
I really wanted to like iOS 7. Even after reading numerous complaints that the
sneak previews looked like an Android knockoff. After experiencing iOS 7 for
myself, I can sincerely say that Jon Ive should be fired! iOS 7 looks like a
bastardized version of Android for kindergarten kids! Many of the icons look
like they were drawn by my four year old! In particular the button icons. The
bookmarks icon is a square with a line through it. Really? Most of the
applications look "anemic", featuring boring childish icons with a washed out
white background.

I used to LOVE the 3D look and feel of the previous versions of iOS. I can't
believe Apple released iOS 7 thinking that consumers would actually embrace it.
Apple is loosing it. They are out of touch with what consumers want. iOS 7
represents one of the worst cases of "ive tower syndrome" I have ever seen!

AND THERE IS STILL NO MISSED PHONE CALL ALERT!!!!!!!!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Apple releases redesigned iOS 7 for iPhone & iPad with Control Center, AirDrop, iTunes Radio, more
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple releases redesigned iOS 7 for iPhone & iPad with Control Center, AirDrop, iTunes Radio, more