or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple releases redesigned iOS 7 for iPhone & iPad with Control Center, AirDrop, iTunes Radio, more

Apple releases redesigned iOS 7 for iPhone & iPad with Control Center, AirDrop, iTunes Radio, more - Page 2

post #41 of 245

"Software Update Failed".....;-/

post #42 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaker9999 View Post

Dang, it has a message that pops up saying "Software update failed",, dang23890u23ueh23kjrh!!

Heck, I wish I could get that!  All it says is "Your software is up to date."

post #43 of 245
Software update failed.
An error occurred when downloading iOS 7.0...
post #44 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarenDino View Post

Wi-fi, my iphone is now 7 minutes, but iPad 3 keeps failing

9 minutes. Im holding the phone like rabbit ear antenna's now

post #45 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicminded View Post

Bunch of NERDS. Who cares if you are downloading it. Thanks for sharing your meaningless info.

And yet you check the same webpage as us.  Birds of a feather....

Congrats on your first post!  Equally insightful!

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

post #46 of 245

In Central Time and UPgrade is still showing 6.1.4 as up to date on my iPhone 5.  

???

post #47 of 245

both ipad and iphone have failed, servers must be getting a right bollocking!

post #48 of 245

Dang ! Apple needs to get bigger data centers :D

I think its Queue based updates.. Like the guy who tried first gets higher precedence over the guy who tried 2nd.

I hope im not the 1,000,000th person on the queue :P

Was 27 mins first, and then 47 mins :P

post #49 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicminded View Post

Bunch of NERDS. Who cares if you are downloading it. Thanks for sharing your meaningless info.

Well, I think everyone sharing his/her nerdiness here is interested in this vital information.

post #50 of 245
not surprising that there are waiting times, everyone wants it ;-)
post #51 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain J View Post

In Central Time and UPgrade is still showing 6.1.4 as up to date on my iPhone 5.  

???

I'm in central, and I can see it.
post #52 of 245

Repeated download failures on my iPad.  It ain't going to work....

post #53 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain J View Post

???

That's called Crowd Control ! :)

They'll only open to a certain number of audience at a given point. That number maybe a few 100's of thousands of people perhaps.
post #54 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by iaeen View Post

Software update failed.
An error occurred when downloading iOS 7.0...

I got that a couple of times, kept trying, then had a 5 minutes download on a iPhone 4 over WiFi.  Installing now.

I'd say it just depends where you slipped into the queue.  I imagine there's some crazy load balancing going on right now...
post #55 of 245

"Mine downloaded in 12 minutes"

-The guy who downloads at 7pm tonight

post #56 of 245

I'm in Japan where it is just after 2:00am.  Download failure after failure... guess I'm not the only one staying up all night to upgrade!

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #57 of 245

I,m doing a fricking Ballmer dance!!!!

post #58 of 245

Dammit... I wish i wasnt on holiday in Japan right now....

/normally lives in the UK

This is a signature..

This is a signature..

post #59 of 245

Both my IP5 and ipad have reported repeated failures during the download.  I have restarted several times only to get within a few minutes of finishing and then the error.  I am on a 50Mb TWC connection using an AEBS as the router.  BUMMER!

post #60 of 245

Looks almost like Apple pulled the plug on the iPad release. My 4th gen and iPad mini were downloading just fine then stopped cold, now I get the same error.

iPhone update is nearly done though! "Preparing update..."

post #61 of 245
Im on GM why it doesnt see any update ? Do I have to restore ? 1biggrin.gif
post #62 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

"Mine downloaded in 12 minutes"

-The guy who downloads at 7pm tonight

You bet :) They have some serious crowd control system, in place to ensure the Server's don't freeze from the massive requests :).

How it works is, they have a queue system. So say hypothetically they'll only serve 100 people..

Once the first 100 requests come in, the remaining iOS devices querying for Software Update's will end up seeing "Your on the latest version of iOS, and there's no updates".

Once that queue of 100 drops, the remaining devices querying will enter the queue and will start downloading.

post #63 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by neebong View Post

Dammit... I wish i wasnt on holiday in Japan right now....

/normally lives in the UK

Welcome to our side of the great ball!

post #64 of 245

In the evening after work, downloading can go really slow- People in US and Asia (morning time) will really get this update in trouble!

I might update tomorrow :grumble:

post #65 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1337 View Post

Im on GM why it doesnt see any update ? Do I have to restore ? 1biggrin.gif

I have an iPhone 5 on developers GM too. Isn't that the same thing the rest of the people are downloading atm ?
post #66 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaker9999 View Post

Not my first post, couldn't remember the password to my other account. Joke's on you.. 8-)

"But I'll keep checking this thread to see how the nerds respond to me".  Who's the Joke on?

post #67 of 245
My mini is finally able to make progress on a download... fingers crossed...

post #68 of 245
I keep getting an error. software Update Failed. Guess it's just busy servers. Can everyone just stop for a minute so I can download mine??
post #69 of 245

"Current version" my ass! :)

post #70 of 245
UGGH....I'm now starting my dowload for the third time. Get about half way done and suddenly get and error while downloading message and have to start over. If everyone could stop overloading the Apple servers until after my download is complete it would be greatly appreciated
post #71 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndirishfan1975 View Post

UGGH....I'm now starting my dowload for the third time. Get about half way done and suddenly get and error while downloading message and have to start over. If everyone could stop overloading the Apple servers until after my download is complete it would be greatly appreciated

Lol lets see here.. 

Now how many people are requesting the same thing..

More like 1 million of them :D . Keep trying Bro, you'll get there eventually :D. I got 30 mins to go still :D
post #72 of 245

Still downloading...  "Preparing Update"

Passing the time watching old TV clips on YouTube... The Monkeys... Gilligan's Island...  Makes it impossible to be stressed out about a slow download...  and being awake all night with work looming in a few hours...

post #73 of 245

I'm also on my second attempt and will now deposit my iPhone directly on my AEBS.

post #74 of 245

I keep getting a "The requested resource could not be found" error when I try to perform a restore of my iPhone 5 via iTunes 11.1. I'm already running on the GM build, but wanted to re-load using the new release...

post #75 of 245

It won't download on my iPad.  I'm giving up.  Will try again just before Christmas.

You all, the ones that can make it through download, you have fun.  I envy you.

post #76 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikilok View Post

I have an iPhone 5 on developers GM too. Isn't that the same thing the rest of the people are downloading atm ?

`Well it shouldnt be. Because thats 7.0 and when they do public it would be for example 7.0.1 7.0.2 etc

post #77 of 245

Well I guess I will try tonight, unless I can find wifi at lunch. So we will see. I wish they didn't  wait until 10 am pst , but it makes sense as most people are at work.

post #78 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1337 View Post

`Well it shouldnt be. Because thats 7.0 and when they do public it would be for example 7.0.1 7.0.2 etc

Its the same as the GM that was released a week or so ago. This has already been confirmed by others. 7.0.1 has been released for the iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s however. 

Mac Mini (Mid 2011) 2.5 GHz Core i5

120 GB SSD/500 GB HD/8 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256 MB

Mac Mini (Mid 2011) 2.5 GHz Core i5

120 GB SSD/500 GB HD/8 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256 MB

post #79 of 245
You know, a bunch of us could wait until tomorrow. Just sayin’…
post #80 of 245

The preparing update is taking forever... (10 min)

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Apple releases redesigned iOS 7 for iPhone & iPad with Control Center, AirDrop, iTunes Radio, more
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple releases redesigned iOS 7 for iPhone & iPad with Control Center, AirDrop, iTunes Radio, more