or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple's iPhone 5s and 5c now available in the U.S. Online Apple Store

Apple's iPhone 5s and 5c now available in the U.S. Online Apple Store

post #1 of 60
Continuing its worldwide rollout of the iPhone 5s and 5c, Apple has taken down the U.S. Online Apple Store to prepare for sales of the device, slated to start at midnight Pacific time.

Update: The Online Apple Store and the Apple Store iOS app are taking orders for the iPhone 5s and 5c in the U.S., with all models available. As of 12:15 a.m. Pacific, all versions still show 1-3 day delivery estimates.

iPhone

As of 8:30 p.m. Pacific, Apple's online storefront was showing the familiar "We'll be back" sign, meaning the company is prepping for what is expected to be an onrush of orders for the latest iPhones. Brick-and-mortar Apple Stores are also seeing anxious customers queuing up to get their hands on one of the new devices, though line length varies from store to store.

While preorders of the iPhone 5c began last week, the iPhone 5s will not be available from Apple until Friday. Adding pressure to early adopters are reports that Apple's supply of the iPhone 5s is very limited, especially for the new gold colored version.

When the Online Apple Store returned to service in Europe, supply of iPhone 5s units quickly went, with many customers seeing delivery dates of 7 to 10 days. The same scene played out in Australia, while 5s inventory allotted to China's early reservation system was depleted within hours of going live.

The U.S. is the last region to place orders, though it is not currently known how Apple divvied up its launch day allotment.

Those looking to nab an iPhone 5s will need to visit their nearest Apple Store, which opens for sales at 8 a.m. locally.
post #2 of 60
Prepare your anus....

Mac Mini (Mid 2011) 2.5 GHz Core i5

120 GB SSD/500 GB HD/8 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256 MB

Mac Mini (Mid 2011) 2.5 GHz Core i5

120 GB SSD/500 GB HD/8 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256 MB

post #3 of 60

Out of stock in 5 minutes

Congratulation to Samsung Galaxy S5 for winning CNET's Best Android Phone of the Year 2014

"From the owner of iPhone 6+, Best Smart Phone of the Year 2014"

Congratulation to Samsung Galaxy S5 for winning CNET's Best Android Phone of the Year 2014

"From the owner of iPhone 6+, Best Smart Phone of the Year 2014"

post #4 of 60
Is it a matter of waiting until midnight Pacific time for the store to come back up?
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
post #5 of 60
Got coffee and cheesy movies to keep me busy till 3 am EST!!
post #6 of 60

3am est must. not. sleeeee

post #7 of 60
Only one guy in line at the Chestnut Street Apple Store in SF.
At 7pm. Might be more now.

Oh, and ordering through the iOS Apple Store app has been vastly faster than ordering through a browser for me. Your mileage may vary. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone Simulator

Sent from my iPhone Simulator

post #8 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by SockRolid View Post

Oh, and ordering through the iOS Apple Store app has been vastly faster than ordering through a browser for me. Your mileage may vary. Good luck!

really? dayum, worth the try.

post #9 of 60
Quote:

Thanks for the tip!

post #10 of 60
Anyone know if Apple (and partners) get fresh shipments on Saturday?
post #11 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

Out of stock in 5 minutes

AAPL will drop on news it took an entire 5 minutes to sell out of the new iPhones.  Analysts predicted 3.5 minutes.  /s

post #12 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

AAPL will drop on news it took an entire 5 minutes to sell out of the new iPhones.  Analysts predicted 3.5 minutes.  /s

Actually, sad as it is, that isn't probably that far from the truth.

post #13 of 60
Funny this 'as' word showing up in nearly every AI article.

Hey guys, a hint: 'as' is used only to combine 2 related elements. Otherwise, it's just meaningless
post #14 of 60
Weather is worsening in Mexico as my coffee keeps getting colder
post #15 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

If it's anything like the UK, there won't be any stock to sell out. Technically Apple sold out in 0 seconds in the UK. 

;) 

post #16 of 60
Still offline @ 12:01 AM Pacific time.

[Forum Signature]  I have no signature.  [Forum Signature]

[Forum Signature]  I have no signature.  [Forum Signature]

post #17 of 60
App went online at 12:00am PST ordered 1-3 day ship time!
post #18 of 60

3.03 AM EST. iOS Apple Store. 64GB Champagne. Done.

Ships 1 - 3 days.

Yawn. Back to be...

post #19 of 60
Done!!
Available to ship: 1 - 3 business days
Delivers: Sep 30 - Oct 2
post #20 of 60

Dang it. As soon as the Canadian Apple store came back up, it was 7-10 days here.

Boo.

post #21 of 60
Long Beach CA. Ordered the 5S 64GB in grey. Ships in 1-3 days. Delivers Sep 30 - Oct 2. Night all!

Oh, and used the Apple store app... Great tip
One more tip... If you use the app on your iPad ensure you enter your PHONE number and not the iPad 3G number or you'll get an error. Oops.
Edited by boeyc15 - 9/20/13 at 1:09am
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster by your side, kid.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster by your side, kid.
post #22 of 60
Looks like they allotted more priority / stock to US customers 1smile.gif
post #23 of 60

YAY!  Got my silver 64GB 5S!

Totally geeked out right now.  Can't wait to get my hands on this thing. :)

post #24 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by appletouches View Post

Done!!
Available to ship: 1 - 3 business days
Delivers: Sep 30 - Oct 2

Darn it:

Shipment 1

Available to ship: 7- 10 business days

Delivers: Oct 8 - Oct 11 by Standard Shipping

I wasted a minute fixing my phone number for my address and it cost me a week.  It said 1-3 days on one screen and 7-10 when I was done.

post #25 of 60

Ordered 32GB White AT&T. Just got in from work. Shower, Cereal and Bed.

Ships in 1-3 days. Found it funny site didn't come back up until 0304 EST.

post #26 of 60

Well got my order in, Ships 1-3 days, delivers Sept 27-30 for Space Grey 16gb and Sept 30-Oct 2 for the Space Grey 32gb. No idea why the two different times but whatever. We'll see what happens from here.

post #27 of 60

Ditto, 64GB Grey, ships in 1-3days arrives Nov27-Oct1 Just took a minute to buy.

post #28 of 60

Bam!  Got mine Available to ship: 1 - 3 business days 
Delivers: Sep 30 - Oct 2 by Standard Shipping 

iMac 2007, Macbook pro 2008, Mac Mini 2011
iMac 2007, Macbook pro 2008, Mac Mini 2011
post #29 of 60
Got my order in was almost too easy , just watching stock levels seems like gold has been popular
post #30 of 60

Yay!!  Ordered a 16gb Gold and a 32 gb grey on AT&T - both listed as 1-3 days.  Good night!!

post #31 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post

YAY!  Got my silver 64GB 5S!

Totally geeked out right now.  Can't wait to get my hands on this thing. :)

Saving 64GB for my iPad mini. Lost first gen on Sunday at Prudential Center in Jersey. I hate New Jersey.

post #32 of 60

Every model of gold in the US is up to 7-10 days*.

(*Except 64 Gb Sprint)

post #33 of 60
1-3 business days but I will cancel once I have the iPhone card in my hand.
post #34 of 60
Quote:

This was a GREAT tip.  With express checkout on I was in and out in SECONDS.  64GB Silver 5S, 1-3 days shipping!  Getting the Sept 30th - Oct 2 delivery window. 

Also I noted that when the delivery email came in it differentiated the delivery types between the 5S case and the phone.  One was coming from "postal carrier" (the case) and the other from "standard shipping" (the phone).

Back to bed.  It's been fun folks.

post #35 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post

1-3 business days but I will cancel once I have the iPhone card in my hand.

iPhone card? I'm missing something.  Enlighten me please.

We've always been at war with Eastasia...

post #36 of 60
Wow that was almost too easy... Everyone must be still asleep... AT&T 5s 64GB in Silver ships in 1-3 days... Got right in and no problem... Received the email conformation @ 3:02AM EDT

Ordered through the App and just in case someone wants to know... No local store pickup option...
post #37 of 60
Got mine. Ships 1-3 days, but delivery is 9/30 to 10/2. That definitely suggests the shipment is not coming from the U.S. since to day is only 9/20!
post #38 of 60

Got to last step in order process on the Apple Store at 3:05 EDT. Got a message saying I could only pick up my phone at anApple retail outlet - no shipping for me! Ordered a grey 64GB from Verizon instead. Ships 24 Sept.

post #39 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn ant View Post

Saving 64GB for my iPad mini. Lost first gen on Sunday at Prudential Center in Jersey. I hate New Jersey.

Oh, that sucks.  Sorry.

I was going to get the 32GB, as usual, until Gazelle offered me $330 for my 5.  I figured, heck, if they're going to give me more than I paid for it, I might as well spend the extra money getting the 64GB.

Funny enough, my new iPhone will have twice teh storage of my iPad. :)
post #40 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtDent View Post

Got to last step in order process on the Apple Store at 3:05 EDT. Got a message saying I could only pick up my phone at anApple retail outlet - no shipping for me! Ordered a grey 64GB from Verizon instead. Ships 24 Sept.

Was the towel any help at all?

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple's iPhone 5s and 5c now available in the U.S. Online Apple Store