or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple sells out of initial iPhone 5s supply in under 2 days, shipments pushed to October
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple sells out of initial iPhone 5s supply in under 2 days, shipments pushed to October - Page 3

post #81 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor David View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

Selling out of the 5s is good, but it looks like inventory was very low.  I am pretty confident Apple made a huge amount of 5c so if they were to run out it would be big.  

I dont think there is any way to guess how many they sold over the weekend, it could below or above last year number of 5 millions.  There is only one thing I am sure of, the stock will move big on monday and this is why I played both sides for that news. I did an option straddle at 2 different expiration dates. The short side is on the weekly and the long side is in April 2014.

I have been lucky in the past months. Bought at $420, sold all at $502 at iphone 5 launch.  Bought at $470 and $455 and sold last week at $475. My play for next week is an option straddle and I plan to ride the stock for the ipads later.

Isn't it this type of investment behavior that results in me having to read endless posts about stock manipulation?

His option trades have little or no impact on stock prices.
post #82 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post


No, the China Mobil deal is done, wrapped up and finalized. It will be a slow rollout due to an on-going update of the higher speed infrastructure between now and the end of the year.

 

CCTV approved but Apple's negotiations with China Mobile are not finalized.

 
I'm not sure how much the China Mobile deal is going to mean to Apple with 42-46 million iPhones already being used by CM subscribers. It could be huge but also could be fairly saturated.
na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #83 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Quote:
Hey folks, it's 5s, not 5S. 5c, not 5C. This matters, particularly for those selling them. 1smile.gif

Looking around the internet, it's surprising how much tech pundits have the names of the new iPhones wrong.

Screw that. 5C. 5S. I’m not typing idiotic capitalizations. What happens if I need to make it plural? 

I guess you have to say '5 cees' and '5 esses'. Dumb, I know. :-/
post #84 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiejr View Post
 

 

don't understand the question.

 

That question was actually meant for Hill60 but for some reason or another it quoted you. I changed it but I guess Hill60 didn't notice.

na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #85 of 237
Just got a shipped notification! Earlier than quoted date -- getting to me on the 25th! UPS
post #86 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTown View Post


This is off topic, but it would be cool if AI published hidden tips and tricks related to iOS 7.

http://www.maclife.com/article/gallery/90_ios_7_tips_and_tricks
post #87 of 237
All shipments from initial availability are not shipping until October and so how is this news exactly?
post #88 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor David View Post


Isn't it this type of investment behavior that results in me having to read endless posts about stock manipulation?

 

It is not investing at all. It is gambling.

post #89 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBell View Post
 

 

It is not investing at all. It is gambling.

 

Gambling is all or nothing. At least when you put our money down on AAPL you are bound to get at least some of your money back.

na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #90 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Once you get one in someone's hand and explain they do more than the 5 at a lower price, without compromising on memory, then people will usually go for it.

Despite that 5c is taller, wider, 20% thicker and heavier than 5?
post #91 of 237
Dudes 5c will sell to 16-28 year olds who don't give a toss then again it's them the dumb arses sorry. But yeah two good products!
post #92 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Well the fact is it is sold at places like Walmart and Target. I don't really expect 5C to be the immediate must have sell out right away phone like the 5S. But I definitely see it under a lot of Christmas trees as gifts. I would like to see it a bit cheaper and I won't be surprised if that happens closer to Christmas. It's a lot easier to lower prices than to raise them.

Apple probably won't lower the price, but they'll probably allow carriers to offer 5Cs on BOGOs and "free" during that season.

Someone else mentioned in another thread awhile ago that this may be Apple's strategy. Offer specials, deals, and discounts (via carriers of course) for the 5C but keep the 5S at full price throughout the year. That would be a better profit proposition for all involved unlike last year when the more expensive 5 was being discounted pretty quickly (by Apple standards that is).

Another option Apple has to keep sales high through the year is offer new color options for 5C in 6 months. That would be an easy cheap way to keep interest high and move units without embarrassingly having to lower the price before next year.
post #93 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeb View Post

I checked them out at the apple store yesterday. I'll admit it -- I like the 5c design better than the 5s. It feels so solid.

I'm still going with the 5s though. The new camera and fingerprint win for me.

Could wait for next year. I think we see iPhone 5c for free (on contract), iPhone 5cs (this years 5s in plastic) and the iPhone 6
post #94 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

Only market I see Apple catching with the 5C are impulsive buyers. Anyone that does a little researching would probably pass on the 5C and save up for a 5S.

 

Poor Apple.

post #95 of 237
Quote:

Thanks for the link. However, more than half their tips are features are things Apple has publicized or are items readily accessible in the settings. Don't get me wrong, it's seems pretty useful for non-techies, but there was maybe 4 things out of 90 I didn't already know. And my tip about tapping the bottom of the safari window to bring the controls back up wasn't one of them. They just suggest you scroll down to bring them back up...
post #96 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

I stood in line yesterday and bought my 5S directly from my apple store. Best smartphone I've ever owned.

Today there were still lines of people waiting for 5S.

Here are my quick observations:

There was very little interest in the 5C except from children.

The 5C looked and felt like plastic. Not my cup of tea and that was a major negative point from other adults I talked to at the store.

Most 5C that actually sold (and even the Apple employees admitted it was a slow seller at the store) were parents buying for kids. Some parents opted to buy their kids 5S instead though.

Anyway all that to say. The 5S is an amazing smartphone the most innovative small device I've ever used. Use touch ID a few times and you'll feel the magic I'm talking about. But the 5C on the other hand. Still a head scratcher in my book.

It's not helping Apple's image. It doesn't look that great. And it's not selling well. It may be selling better than last years 4S but that's not saying much IMO.

 

Your view is hardly unbiased.

 
People standing in line for the new iPhone like yourself are a special breed. They, like myself, are Apple loyal diehard's. They are interested in the latest and best. Not everybody is like that. I would guess most of Apple's customers are not. 
 
My girlfriend until Saturday had a 3GS that she got from AT&T two years ago for zero dollars on a two year contract. She isn't reading Apple forums. She has needed a new phone for the last  month because she dropped it in the toilet and her home button was sticking. I talked her into waiting until the new ones were announced.  After showing her both the 5C and 5S and explaining the differences (she also watched the Keynote with me), she opted for the 5c.
 
Her reasoning for opting for the 5C: First, she liked the feel of it in her hand. It certainly feels nicer then the 3GS she had, and lacquer feels smooth and pleasant enough. Second, she liked the color.  For some people this is important. Third, she liked that at T-Mobile (where she switched to) she could get it for zero dollars down, and for $30 less than what Apple was offering. As an underpaid public teacher, money isn't flowing off trees for her. She often buys her own supplies. The $130 in savings was important for her. 
 
In a nutshell, she is jumping 3 generations of iPhones in terms of performance. Although the iPhone 5S is great, the iPhone 5 was no slouch. It certainly is capable of running email, Safari, and Whirly Word. She loves the phone, and I am happy for her. 
 
For what is was worth, I went into T-Mobile in the Mall in Ann Arbor Michigan at around 11 am on Friday. It is located past the Apple Store in the same mall. The lines were huge at the Apple Store at 11. When we got to T-Mobile there was no line. She played with both the 5S and 5C before buying the 5C. While we where there, a line of about ten people formed. There were four people at the counter. Three of them opted for the 5c. A guy got the gold 5S, but the store was holding that one for him, as the store sold out. Everybody else in the line was getting the 5c. 
 
Back at the Apple store (where she went to look at cases), most people were seemingly in line for the 5S. However, plenty of people were looking at the 5C and buying it. I have played with her phone for the last two days. It is a nice phone. Every bit as functional as my still awesome iPhone 5. We took it to a concert last night, and people commented positively on it. It took great pictures. I also think the battery life is better then the iPhone 5. 
 
So, my point is the people you were asking are not an accurate source because they, like you,  are all early adopters who want the latest and greatest as opposed to just somebody who wants a good phone. They, like you, probably aren't going to give up a just year old iPhone 5 to get an iPhone 5c. Apple, however,  was very smart in releasing the 5c. The wait for the 5S would be much greater if Apple had to use the same fabricating equipment to meet demand for both the 5 and the 5s. The new case for the 5c allows Apple to build them quicker and put its fabricating equipment to use making the 5S. Further, Apple's new iPhones will take up more prominent display space in third party stores because there are more options to show. This equates to less space for competitors.
 
On a side note, I dislike the Apple cases for the 5C because you can see the FCC warnings through the case. My girlfriend ordered one from Switch Easy instead
post #97 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post
 

 

Gambling is all or nothing. At least when you put our money down on AAPL you are bound to get at least some of your money back.

 

Depends. If you are buying on margin, or utilizing various options schemes you could lose everything. 

post #98 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbird73 View Post


Could wait for next year. I think we see iPhone 5c for free (on contract), iPhone 5cs (this years 5s in plastic) and the iPhone 6

 

2 plastic phones? Somehow I doubt it. I can see the 6 being a 4.3" phone, then the 5s and then the 5c.

 
At the very least, if past experience is anything to hold onto (which obviously it isn't this time around), the 6 will most likely have a different form factor than the 5 and 5s.
na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #99 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason98 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Once you get one in someone's hand and explain they do more than the 5 at a lower price, without compromising on memory, then people will usually go for it.

Despite that 5c is taller, wider, 20% thicker and heavier than 5?

See #97 above. You ≠ World.
post #100 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBell View Post
 

 

Depends. If you are buying on margin, or utilizing various options schemes you could lose everything. 

 

True.

na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #101 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBell View Post

 
So, my point is the people you were asking are not an accurate source because they, like you,  are all early adopters who want the latest and greatest as opposed to just somebody who wants a good phone. They, like you, probably aren't going to give up a just year old iPhone 5 to get an iPhone 5c. Apple, however,  was very smart in releasing the 5c. The wait for the 5S would be much greater if Apple had to use the same fabricating equipment to meet demand for both the 5 and the 5s. The new case for the 5c allows Apple to build them quicker and put its fabricating equipment to use making the 5S. Further, Apple's new iPhones will take up more prominent display space in third party stores because there are more options to show. This equates to less space for competitors.
This is a great point and why I think it makes sense for Apple to create a product portfolio for iPhone. Now when you go to Best Buy or one of the carrier stores there's more space It's just too bad this phone is being labeled as "last years phone" when it still matches up so well to (and in some cases surpasses) competitor phones in terms of user experience.
post #102 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

I stood in line yesterday and bought my 5S directly from my apple store. Best smartphone I've ever owned.

Today there were still lines of people waiting for 5S.

Here are my quick observations:

There was very little interest in the 5C except from children.

The 5C looked and felt like plastic. Not my cup of tea and that was a major negative point from other adults I talked to at the store.

Most 5C that actually sold (and even the Apple employees admitted it was a slow seller at the store) were parents buying for kids. Some parents opted to buy their kids 5S instead though.

Anyway all that to say. The 5S is an amazing smartphone the most innovative small device I've ever used. Use touch ID a few times and you'll feel the magic I'm talking about. But the 5C on the other hand. Still a head scratcher in my book.

It's not helping Apple's image. It doesn't look that great. And it's not selling well. It may be selling better than last years 4S but that's not saying much IMO.

The 5c isn't going to excite people who line up for phones on day 1. It's going to kill it amongst the casual budget crew and Christmas buyers.
post #103 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by StruckPaper View Post
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey folks, it's 5s, not 5S. 5c, not 5C. This matters, particularly for those selling them. :)

 

Looking around the internet, it's surprising how much tech pundits have the names of the new iPhones wrong.

 

Yes, except you are wrong. Gruber (at Daringfireball) explains this issue well. He writes, "Let’s get this capitalization thing out of the way, too. Yes, I’m using 5C and 5S, with uppercase letters, and Apple is using 5c and 5s. Why? These names are initialisms, words where you pronounce them by spelling out the letters of their names. In an initialism, according to all standard style guides, all letters are capitalized. That’s it. If Apple chooses, for marketing reasons, to capitalize these letters differently, that’s on them. It’s a style choice, not a spelling choice."

post #104 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

Screw that. 5C. 5S. I’m not typing idiotic capitalizations. What happens if I need to make it plural? 

 

Yeah. You have to love the way 5ss looks in print. I'm sure plenty of people will add an apostrophe. I'd rather it was 5Ss for the plural.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #105 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor David View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

Selling out of the 5s is good, but it looks like inventory was very low.  I am pretty confident Apple made a huge amount of 5c so if they were to run out it would be big.  

I dont think there is any way to guess how many they sold over the weekend, it could below or above last year number of 5 millions.  There is only one thing I am sure of, the stock will move big on monday and this is why I played both sides for that news. I did an option straddle at 2 different expiration dates. The short side is on the weekly and the long side is in April 2014.

I have been lucky in the past months. Bought at $420, sold all at $502 at iphone 5 launch.  Bought at $470 and $455 and sold last week at $475. My play for next week is an option straddle and I plan to ride the stock for the ipads later.

Isn't it this type of investment behavior that results in me having to read endless posts about stock manipulation?
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post


His option trades have little or no impact on stock prices.

 

Not even a drop in the bucket.  I am trading a lot of 100 shares and a few calls/puts here and there.  Stock manipulation do happens at option expirations and it sure aint done by retail investors.

post #106 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post


This is a great point and why I think it makes sense for Apple to create a product portfolio for iPhone. Now when you go to Best Buy or one of the carrier stores there's more space It's just too bad this phone is being labeled as "last years phone" when it still matches up so well to (and in some cases surpasses) competitor phones in terms of user experience.

 

It is kind of like when Coke released "New Coke." Many people thought Coca Cola was crazy. People started talking about it. Coca Cola's name was every where. Eventually, Coke brought the "Old Coke" back. It, however, kept "New Coke." This move allowed Coke to take up twice the shelf space at it's competitors expense. Now companies that used to offer just a couple flavors have all kinds of varients of flavors in an attempt to take up shelf space. 

 

The last year phone label is really not fair. There are plenty of phones being sold today using technology from years ago. Further, look at car companies. Every year they release new models, but the new models generally are slight modifications and feature enhancements of previous year models. The body style and engine are used for several generations. Even though the overall designs of the vehicles are the same, the cost does not go down. 

 

Here the 5C shares many of the same components as last years top selling phone, but it is a newly designed phone. The logic board has been tweaked, it has a bigger battery, a better face time camera, and a new case. It is also a hundred bucks cheaper.

post #107 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbook View Post


Yes the "selected group" of 5S buyers may not have been the best barometer to gauge 5C interest and opinion, but think about it.

Those lined up are likely Apple's biggest enthusiasts and supporters. If they don't like what their seeing with the 5C shouldn't that be considered significant.

Most didnt like that it was plastic because that's what is the common detractor and argument against Samsung/Android products. Some even said "What's the point of its existence?" Apple store employees joked that it was a slow seller and didn't compare to the hourly sellouts, lines, and hoards for the 5S.

I'm not saying Apple is doomed. Far from it. I just think they may have made a mistake with the 5C, and that mistake may not have only been the price.

I am thinking about it, you are not. I know, you don't get nuances and implications. Not in your purview. Let's try some imagination, no matter how difficult it is for you:

Apple has bet the farm on this plastic phone. If your scenario of no interest and low sales were to prove true, it would be a huge disaster for them. They would in fact face an existential threat over it. Can you see that?

Yes? Well then, it would be best if you kept quiet until you know some sales figures.

No, you can't see that? Then do something to open up your right brain. It's really not working. Oh, and best to keep quiet until you do, or you are going to look like the biggest fool here.

By the way, I'm one of Apple's "biggest enthusiasts and supporters," and I think the plastic phone is a work of art. Not the one I would buy, unless it had 5s internals and maybe a more sedate color. Also, by the way, whoever said the back feels like ceramic is deficient in their tactile vocabulary. Ceramic is cold, stiff and brittle; this polycarbonate is warm, strong, but soft at the same time. It will sell well.

Samsung never made anything this rich and substantial in plastic. Unfortunately, it may teach them how to do plastic better. Last I heard they were putting fake stitching on the back of one phone. Must be a joke, but I think it was one of their videos.
post #108 of 237
Sounds lik
Quote:
Originally Posted by saarek View Post

This has to be one of the most random and pointless posts that I've ever had the misfortune to read here.
Sounds like someone has a black market Apple biz or is laundering money.
post #109 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post
 
No, you can't see that? Then do something to open up your right brain. It's really not working. Oh, and best to keep quiet until you do, or you are going to look like the biggest fool here.

 It will sell well.
 

You are replying to blackbook with a very condescending tone, accosting him of being foolish for predicting lower than expected sales of the 5c and not waiting for the released numbers, yet you take an exact, but, opposite stance ahead of the numbers predicting that 'it will sell well'. Seems a tad hypocritical.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #110 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constable Odo View Post

If 7 million iPhones aren't sold over the weekend, Apple shareholders are going to get totally reamed. Wall Street's expectations of Apple are impossible to beat. Everything that Apple does is going to be tossed aside based on overall declining market share when compared to all of Android market share. The hedge fund managers are total jackasses because all they see is Android running away with market share in China and India. It's just incredible how narrow-minded those big investors are. Apple is going to make a fortune over the Christmas holidays but shareholders aren't going to get a thing out of it as Apple's share price continues to get beat up.

Coz the motherfuckers want growth . Less profit is easier to grow , less profit and big market share growing like Lenovo . Apple is too good to dream better , u know .
post #111 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Screw that. 5C. 5S. I’m not typing idiotic capitalizations. What happens if I need to make it plural? 

Easy, plural iPhone, as in iPhones 5s.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #112 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post
 

You are replying to blackbook with a very condescending tone, accosting him of being foolish for predicting lower than expected sales of the 5c and not waiting for the released numbers, yet you take an exact, but, opposite stance ahead of the numbers predicting that 'it will sell well'. Seems a tad hypocritical.

 

I also like this part:

 
"Not the one I would buy, unless it had 5s internals and maybe a more sedate color."
na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #113 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBell View Post

It is kind of like when Coke released "New Coke." Many people thought Coca Cola was crazy. People started talking about it. Coca Cola's name was every where. Eventually, Coke brought the "Old Coke" back. It, however, kept "New Coke." This move allowed Coke to take up twice the shelf space at it's competitors expense. Now companies that used to offer just a couple flavors have all kinds of varients of flavors in an attempt to take up shelf space. 

The last year phone label is really not fair. There are plenty of phones being sold today usingtechnology from years ago. Further, look at car companies. Every year they release new models, but the new models generally are slight modifications and feature enhancements ofprevious year models. The body style and engine are used for several generations. Even though the overall designs of the vehicles are the same, the cost does not go down. 

Herethe 5C shares many of the same components as last years top selling phone, but it is a newly designed phone. The logic board has been tweaked, it has a bigger battery, a better face time camera, and a new case. It is also a hundred bucks cheaper.

See this is what I don't get. Take a cheaper Galaxy or Lumia or even the Moto X. Are all the components inside the phone brand new? Is it the latest and greatest technology? Do consumers even ask those questions? I doubt it. So why is it a big deal that the 5C is using 5 parts? There are tens of millions of people using the 5 right now without any issues, without feeling like its an inferior phone. I get the sense there are some people feeling they were entitled to a 5 at $100 cheaper and Apple threw a plastic phone in their face instead. But there is no rule that says Apple has to bump down the previous year model and take off $100. What if the 5 is still very expensive and difficult to manufacture? Perhaps Apple thought having all their manufacturing lines consumed with a difficult to manufacture device would be disaster. As it is the 5S is delayed. Imagine what it would be like if Apple was still producing the 5 as well.
post #114 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post


See this is what I don't get. Take a cheaper Galaxy or Lumia or even the Moto X. Are all the components inside the phone brand new? Is it the latest and greatest technology? Do consumers even ask those questions? I doubt it. So why is it a big deal that the 5C is using 5 parts? There are tens of millions of people using the 5 right now without any issues, without feeling like its an inferior phone. I get the sense there are some people feeling they were entitled to a 5 at $100 cheaper and Apple threw a plastic phone in their face instead. But there is no rule that says Apple has to bump down the previous year model and take off $100. What if the 5 is still very expensive and difficult to manufacture? Perhaps Apple thought having all their manufacturing lines consumed with a difficult to manufacture device would be disaster. As it is the 5S is delayed. Imagine what it would be like if Apple was still producing the 5 as well.

 

Is there someone making a big deal about the 5c using 5 components? I didn't think that was the issue.

na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #115 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post
 

I also like this part:

 
"Not the one I would buy, unless it had 5s internals and maybe a more sedate color."

I wonder which color in the 5c line up is selling the best. Perhaps the 'sedate' white one. Other manufacturers such as Nokia and Motorola are selling phones in similar bright colors to those offered by Apple so perhaps they are trending, but I think the white one should have a broader appeal.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #116 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTown View Post
 
Quote:

Thanks for the link. However, more than half their tips are features are things Apple has publicized or are items readily accessible in the settings. Don't get me wrong, it's seems pretty useful for non-techies, but there was maybe 4 things out of 90 I didn't already know. And my tip about tapping the bottom of the safari window to bring the controls back up wasn't one of them. They just suggest you scroll down to bring them back up...

Good for you. /clap clap  (Next time, perhaps you could be a bit more specific than "....hidden tips and tricks for iOS 7" and perhaps add to your signature the fact that you're an iOS "techie".)

 

Just out of curiosity, exactly what types of T&T were/are you hoping for?

post #117 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post
 

Good for you. /clap clap  (Next time, perhaps you could be a bit more specific than "....hidden tips and tricks for iOS 7" and perhaps add to your signature the fact that you're an iOS "techie".)

 

Just out of curiosity, exactly what types of T&T were/are you hoping for?

 

The shortcut for intergalactic travel.

na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #118 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

Apple has bet the farm on this plastic phone. .... They would in fact face an existential threat over it. Can you see that?

Huh?

 

Did you forget the '/s' tag?

post #119 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

 

The shortcut for intergalactic travel.

That one is simple:

post #120 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

Not even a drop in the bucket.  I am trading a lot of 100 shares and a few calls/puts here and there.  Stock manipulation do happens at option expirations and it sure aint done by retail investors.

To be clear , It's the people posting their complaints to the void (=no one in particular) every time the price drops that's been grating on me. However, is size of trades the determining factor? Also, you can't be the only one making those trades. It seems like they might add up.

Not that I think you're the bad guy. There have been times where an article or story of some sort is written about Apple that seems suspicious. Like anything that nutcase Kramer says. Those are times where people complaining about stock manipulation makes more sense to me. On the other hand we've created a stock market that is very similar to a casino.

I don't know, I'm just trying to make a little more sense of it all. And I guess wishing I'd see fewer useless posts about stock manipulation every time the upper right corner of AI has some red number.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Apple sells out of initial iPhone 5s supply in under 2 days, shipments pushed to October
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple sells out of initial iPhone 5s supply in under 2 days, shipments pushed to October