or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple revises guidance upward following iPhone launch, expects 36-37% gross margins

Apple revises guidance upward following iPhone launch, expects 36-37% gross margins - Page 2

post #41 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I guess sitcoms have been lying to us for decades. No one ever lives together during their adult lives.

The Odd Couple.

na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #42 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by 512ke View Post

Oh how I hope many of the Analysts shorted the stock and lost money.

Oh how foolish the majority of Analysts look now

Grotesquely inadequate stock. Supply chain signals. Overpriced. Sales collapse. Flop. They ravaged and insulted Apple. And now? They will wait and see?

Wake up and smell the money. Or just do basic math.

Nine million opening. And china mobile is not even included yet.

WSJ. Motley Fool. Seeking Alpha. CSNBC. Idiots.

Actually, those idiots are making a ton of money off their media-driven manipulations. It has been entirely about driving the price lower, so they could BUY more at a discount in anticipation of now. They keep the prices low as long as they can, then it goes ballistic, as it did today, and will likely continue to do for awhile.

Oh yes, those idiots are laughing all the way to the bank, trust me.
post #43 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

The Odd Couple.

TS is a bit of an Oscar ... Grouch ... 1wink.gif
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
post #44 of 46
Sadly enough a lot of analyst have to save face for a few weeks. They can't just come out and say we were wrong, buy this stock before it becomes obvious that 2013 was an abnormally. If you really think about it, apple's stock tanked for two main reasons. Year over Year Margins and EPS declined. The culprit was the iphone 4s. The Iphone 4s was essentially an iphone 4 with Siri which cost less to produce than the IP4 and they sold a ton. In 2013 they sold more iphones than in 2012 but it cost more to make them and with the declining EPS, all the neg commentary drove the stock to the ground. Everyone jumped on the bandwagon. Apple is not cool, screen to small, Samsung killing them. We now have more reasonable comps and by those sales numbers this weekend, this stock is about to take off! I dont think apple has ever upped their earnings forecast until this morning. hint, hint......
post #45 of 46
"UBS, which previously expressed cautious optimism for the iPhone 5c, retained its Neutral rating on AAPL, and a $520 price target."

What is the percentage of chance UBS is correct on its target price ?
post #46 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by StruckPaper View Post

Can anyone explain why Apple needed to update SEC if the *revised* estimates are in fact within the previously suggested range?

Thank you.

They didn't have to.

SEC rules are a little confusing, but as long as they're expecting to stay within the previous guidance, there's no rule requiring them to make any announcements.

They probably did it for one of two reasons:
1. If the street numbers were at the low end of the range, they may have wanted to discourage low-ball pessimism.

2. They may be concerned that the massive iPhone sales weekend will make analysts overreact in the other direction and estimate very high numbers. If Apple then fails to meet those numbers (no matter how ridiculous they might be), the stock drops after the earnings report. This announcement basically tells people not to expect some miraculous pie in the sky results.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Apple revises guidance upward following iPhone launch, expects 36-37% gross margins
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple revises guidance upward following iPhone launch, expects 36-37% gross margins