or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Adonit, Evernote team up for fine-point Bluetooth stylus for iPad

Adonit, Evernote team up for fine-point Bluetooth stylus for iPad - Page 2

post #41 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherGeoff View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex101 View Post

That's why we write essays, tests et. al. in school with our fingers. Oh, wait a minute, we don't. 

I'm going to use it with the stylus to add notes to PDF files for my study so I don't have to print out hundreds of pages each week. Thankfully, app developers are not as ignorant as some people here.
Ignorance is borne of considering yourself and/or immediate cohort as defining the facts of the matter, and ignoring the rest.   

The argument is not the app devs (and most of them don't use styluses… so you just call all those developers ignorant?), but apple must support Stylus as part of the UI  experience, and build it into OS.   There is a huge set of reasons not to, but suffice it to say, your financial situation allows you to ignore those reasons.   

Carry on.

btw, unless you're dictating, you're using your fingers…. oh wait… yes you are. 

We write essays in school with out keyboards.. (Seriously do you go to school in the third world?)
post #42 of 43

The stylus looks good. I don't know what 29gr means in terms of ease but for me the wight is the most important thing for a stylus. For the use of note-taking and scheme drawing for business with apps like Beesy for example, the stylus has to be light enought to be used quickly and for a long period without tiring your wrist  but at the same time, a too light stylus would flee from fingers whenever you take it too quickly. Hope this one will be the good weight!

post #43 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherGeoff View Post

We already have 3 control methods
If you were to have a choice… will you
1) Drop Siri for Stylus controls?
2) Drop finger controls for Stylus?
3) Drop motion controls for Stylus?

... So  Why a Stylus… in the OS?  really.  What job does it solve for over half the current users… Half of the next 100 million users?  Serious question.  

Stylus is for precision, art creation, 3D, CAD, vector, graphics, post publishing, a better handwriting experience, video editing, post production... I'm sure there is more...
It shouldn't be mandatory, but if pads are gonna take over completely at some point - I think they'll need to start supporting pressure sensitive precision styluses to make life easier for creators working with the above.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Adonit, Evernote team up for fine-point Bluetooth stylus for iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Adonit, Evernote team up for fine-point Bluetooth stylus for iPad