or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Samsung crows about its 'golden history' of making gold colored phones

Samsung crows about its 'golden history' of making gold colored phones - Page 3

post #81 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by edenroc00 View Post

@philboogie can't you add something here. I may be a tech idiot, but I am certainly giving it a go.

You're no idiot.

You already know how to multi-task on iOS with the double-click on the home button. There should not be a multitask GUI created; that would negate the entire foundation of the GUI for touch screens.

If you want a larger touch screen buy one. Apple has them only in:

That might change, possibly with a larger iPad. The smallest 3.5" probably will get EOL-ed next year. We might get a wearable thing from Apple, though even though that probably has a touch screen I wouldn't want to put it in the category as we know it now.

As already posted, a 6 inch phone cannot possibly be in a phone category; the phone needs to be mobile, pocketable, small, in your (one) hand, in a small pocket. As mobile phones always have been - for a reason.
"Fibonacci: As easy as 1, 1, 2, 3..."
post #82 of 122

LOL! The ads say nothing about a "Gold Edition" model--as a hedge against rumors of a gold iPhone being wrong. The ad for the black-faced S4 was the first one posted and it doesn't even mention gold; any appearance of gold color in the case could be attributed to reflections of the background. The ad for the pink-faced S4, which finally does mention the word "gold" but still doesn't mention "Gold Edition", didn't appear until Sept. 24th. Let's see a photograph of a Samsung-produced gold S4 that was provably taken September 8th or earlier. Months before Sept. 10th, the web was rife with photos of the gold iPhone 5s. The lead time to large scale production of any device is long, particularly if it's of the quality and quantity Apple demands. If Samsung wanted to respond to the gold iPhone rumors, these photoshop ads are as safe and easy as possible--but extremely cheesy. Ultimately the tweets over 2 weeks later are what complete an embarrassing picture for the company.

Edited by Cpsro - 9/29/13 at 11:27am
post #83 of 122

Lipstick on a pig.

Why does Apple bashing and trolling make people feel so good?

Why does Apple bashing and trolling make people feel so good?

post #84 of 122
Another example of copying apple. Samsung really has no shame.
post #85 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by SockRolid View Post

I expect that Samsung will eventually ship phones running Tizen.  It will allow Samsung to control their own destiny in the smartphone space.

And yes, ChromeOS is more important to Google than Android.

Larry Page himself said so: http://www.electronista.com/articles/12/04/18/larry.page.sees.android.as.vehicle.for.ads/

Interesting link.  

I personally suspect that Samsung's passion to copy Apple will lead it to have a smaller share of the market in the future.  

Samsung wants its own brand, Samsung Galaxy ecosystem.

Google wants Google Chrome Ecosystem.

Amazon wants Amazon Kindle Ecosystem. 

The companies don't really want Android for Everybody.  Instead, they covet Apple's garden lol.

post #86 of 122
Wait,
didn't Samsung INVENT Gold itself?
post #87 of 122

Color me Gold, Samsung, if I don't bite!

Samsung, to quote a James Bond movie title... I give you the Goldfinger!

/
/

Ten years ago, we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.  Today we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Ten years ago, we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.  Today we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

post #88 of 122

1) Those Samsung phones are not gold, they are bronze or metallic brown. The iP5s is a soft champagne gold color. Big Difference.

2) Samsung clearly has an insecurity/jealousy problem with Apple. First they send people to interview iPhone buyers in NYC to ask about the lines and why the love Apple, now they get all defensive about the bronze (wanna-be gold) phones. Calm down SM you're making billions, be happy.

3) Truly hope Apple disassociates and ends all contracts with Samsung sooner than later. Stop giving these guys your business and money, Apple. Why do business with someone who urinates on you and steals from you over and over while they ask for your business?

post #89 of 122
How apple is.. Look what I got a golden toy car (: , Samsung.. MOMMY!!! I want that golden toy CAR!!!! Ok son you'll get it tomorrow hahaha samsung it's obvious your a follower an copy everybody's work a try to take credit for lmao(x
post #90 of 122

So, now Apple invented Gold? Really?

post #91 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonX View Post

So, now you're claiming Apple stated they invented gold? Really?
post #92 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonX View Post

RUthatDumb? Really?

By popularizing gold--not just selling one gold phone but millions--Apple pwns it. And through its response, Samsung reinforces the opinion that Apple remains the marker leader and Samsung is still a copyist and wannabe.

post #93 of 122
Samsung almost makes me embarrassed for them.
post #94 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by akqies View Post

So, now you're claiming Apple stated they invented gold? Really?

No. Just like mp3 players, smartphones, and tablets, "gold phones have been around for years" (as the trolls whine) but Apple was the first one to do it right, and make it popular.

post #95 of 122
Quote:

(cont) I am bored with small screen and getting older. I am tired of this small screen and would like more multi tasking within programs! Can't do on Apples IOS so the note 3 seems like a viable option, but after being so accustomed to iPhones build quality it's a tough step for me.
At the end of the day we should be able to look back at our comments and know that we were respectful of others and there opinions.
Something we Americans need more of.

You sir, are a breath of fresh air. If only more people would think that way before hitting the 'post comment' or 'reply' button. Alas, without trolls, idiots, and people who put their foot in their mouth, comments wouldn't be as interesting to read.
post #96 of 122
Quote:

@tallest skil, 6" does seem a bit large.. Part of the de.... Ok example here trying to spell a word and it's not looking correct and auto-correct is not helping. Now what, grab a actual Dictionary or open a second window?
iPhone I must push home button go to my app and then return.

You know your iPhone so well that you ignore it includes a dictionary accessible within any text. Lol
post #97 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

No. Just like mp3 players, smartphones, and tablets, "gold" phones "have been around for years" (as the trolls whine) but Apple was the first one to do it right. 

That's so often the case with Apple that history makes it seem like Apple was the first simply because they were first to do it right which means they were the first to gain any real traction by way of getting any solid interest.

The only one from modern history that people seem to remember fondly before Apple got involved is Blackberry as a "smart"phone maker but that is a unique case where Blackberry did plenty of things right but it wasn't really a smartphone as we define it today which the iPhone from 2007 still falls under the same scope as the most current iPhone.
post #98 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

Quote:

@tallest skil, 6" does seem a bit large.. Part of the de.... Ok example here trying to spell a word and it's not looking correct and auto-correct is not helping. Now what, grab a actual Dictionary or open a second window?

You know your iPhone so well that you ignore it includes a dictionary accessible within any text. Lol

Wonder if he's the same guy from the other day, who (when somebody jokingly mentioned "bumping") said: "Yes, we shouldn't have to bump our expensive iPhones together to transfer files! Apple has to add NFC or they're doooomed!"

The people who hire these guys should really give them a manual of basic facts about Apple gear so they don't make such fools of themselves. Apparently this new guidebook with the "Can't we all just get along" whining suggested, still doesn't include that.
post #99 of 122
While spending billions to attack Apple and Apple customers then failing to prove it was better than Apple is what hurt Samsung.

Samsung made an opening to be better then it failed miserably to prove it was better.
Edited by leavingthebigG - 9/29/13 at 5:43pm
post #100 of 122
Hey Samsung, manufactures even sell gold leaf tampons to the folks in them oil rich regions.
post #101 of 122
Funny that this was released the last business day before, plus rumors of this had been since almost June, it's was also a week before when it was a practical guarantee on the 3rd(a great birthday present from apple) sent out the invitations.
post #102 of 122
Quote:

Or just learn to spell...

Just say no to MacMall.  They don't honor their promotions and won't respond to customer inquiries.  There are better retailers out there.
Just say no to MacMall.  They don't honor their promotions and won't respond to customer inquiries.  There are better retailers out there.
post #103 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

Well, then Microsoft's Brown Zune was technically golden too.
Hardly.
post #104 of 122
Samsung is still a follower at heart. This behavior is built-in. Not too surprised by this "me-too" announcement.
post #105 of 122

My feeling is if Apple introduced an iPhone with >4" screen, something will be unique about it. You'd probably not notice it unless you hold it in your hand. But the photos will not show it causing the naysayers to complain about apple's tardiness to increase screen size and that's it's ho-hum. I've noticed this with the fatty iPod nano and this year with the iPhone 5C. Both seemed like no big deal until you physically interact with it. Something about the way it feels in the hand. Even the plastic 5C felt pretty substantial in a way that cannot be conveyed in photos. The click of the Lightning connector too.

post #106 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete borota View Post

What is more enjoyable is this article and it's glorious replies. It's like you're married and your partners been dissed. You seriously need to get in the real world and except all companies copy good ideas. iPhone copied, OS copied by google, Android OS and BBM copied by Apple. Smart watch idea copied by Samsung, iOS 7 clone of Android.

Great companies and we're the beneficiaries, chillax people

I... I just can't tell what you're trying to say.
post #107 of 122
Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
I... I just can't tell what you're trying to say.

“It’s fine if Samsung steals everything that Apple does without punishment or recourse of any sort. Stop complaining about how Samsung steals from Apple. Innovate, don’t litigate.”

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.

post #108 of 122
There's nothing to be ashamed of being a copier. It's been a very successful strategy and the ends justify the means. Or put differently, where would Nokia and Blackberry be if they had copied iPhone faster? They'd be in Samsung's shoes. Samsung needs to come out of the closet and be THE leader in copying Apple.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #109 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

There's nothing to be ashamed of being a copier. It's been a very successful strategy and the ends justify the means. Or put differently, where would Nokia and Blackberry be if they had copied iPhone faster? They'd be in Samsung's shoes. Samsung needs to come out of the closet and be THE leader in copying Apple.

Great. You hoe the field. You plant the seeds, weed it, water it. I eat the crop. No shame in that. Better I get it than your children. Better yet, what I don't eat, I'll sell for a nice profit. Me so smart! Me live long time!
post #110 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

If you want a larger touch screen buy one. Apple has them only in:

That might change, possibly with a larger iPad. The smallest 3.5" probably will get EOL-ed next year. We might get a wearable thing from Apple, though even though that probably has a touch screen I wouldn't want to put it in the category as we know it now.

As already posted, a 6 inch phone cannot possibly be in a phone category; the phone needs to be mobile, pocketable, small, in your (one) hand, in a small pocket. As mobile phones always have been - for a reason.

I also started to doubt seriously there will be an iPhone in 4.5 - 5.0" range. I know what kind of market it can serve and it seems Apple is not willing to make certain trade-ins just for this market segment. At least not now and in the near future. Customer who buys 5" phone is not a tablet buyer as well. So, the question is whether it is worth chasing this segment and risking many 4" iPhone + iPad settling with 5" iPhone or stick with current customer base? I don't know. I am not certain Apple knows, but they surely know better as myself.

post #111 of 122
That's the reason why I never will buy a Samsung product. If you buy Samsung products you communicate very clear: "I am a copycat. I don't have any own idea. I always a second mover. I never innovate by my own BUT i like to win, I like it cheap, second best.

That's OK for the most, but NOT for the rest of us.
post #112 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by poksi View Post

I also started to doubt seriously there will be an iPhone in 4.5 - 5.0" range. I know what kind of market it can serve and it seems Apple is not willing to make certain trade-ins just for this market segment. At least not now and in the near future. Customer who buys 5" phone is not a tablet buyer as well. So, the question is whether it is worth chasing this segment and risking many 4" iPhone + iPad settling with 5" iPhone or stick with current customer base? I don't know. I am not certain Apple knows, but they surely know better as myself.

People who buy 5 inch phones are those who are satisfied with compromises.  A big phone is a pain for portability and one hand usability.  A big phone is still way to small to be a true content device like a tablet.  5 inch phones are huge in asia because many people only can afford one device.

Apple can get away with a 4.5 inch phone with zero bezel that still will be portable and usable with one hand.  Looking more down the road a foldable screen could be another option

post #113 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus View Post

Me so smart! Me live long time!

"Me love U long time!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by poksi View Post

Good points. And it looks like Apple is sticking with their 'non-phablet' stance, and I wholeheartedly agree. If they strt make it, fine, but don't replace the iPhone. Otherwise I will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

People who buy 5 inch phones are those who are satisfied with compromises.  A big phone is a pain for portability and one hand usability.  A big phone is still way to small to be a true content device like a tablet.  5 inch phones are huge in asia because many people only can afford one device.

Apple can get away with a 4.5 inch phone with zero bezel that still will be portable and usable with one hand.  Looking more down the road a foldable screen could be another option

Also good points. As long as they don't make the device itself any larger. I liked the older model way better; this 4" phone now sometimes gets stuck in my pockets and makes it difficult to get out, Was easier with the 3.5" But yeah, a larger screen in the same FF should work.
post #114 of 122
"Gold" colored plastic? That's classy. Also, isn't that false advertising? "Elegance is a touch of gold"... it's neither gold or elegant....it's not even metal.
post #115 of 122
Quote:

I don't know, really....But 4.5" doesn't seem to serve any special purpose. If resolution stays 2x then pixel would be grater which I doubt Apple would do something like that. Enlarging it with greater resolution could generate more fuss for developers as income....As I said, I don't know, what would be the best choice. Perhaps just keep with current line.

post #116 of 122
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post
There's nothing to be ashamed of being a copier.

If your name is Xavier Edward Roxall.

post #117 of 122

Seems to me like the advantage Samsung has with iPhone on their assembly lines is these quick "let's slap something on like the iPhone" adjustments.

I mean, how hard is it for them to slow down production on a phone they assemble?

More reasons why companies need to ditch using their competitor as their manufacturer. This is going to bite Samsung fairly soon.

post #118 of 122
Quote:

It makes one wonder why Samsung bothers with "mini" versions eg Galaxy S4 Mini, HTC is also releasing a Mini version of the One.

I guess they want to compete with the number one best selling smartphone's screen size.

Screen size is a furphy, a dead issue.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
post #119 of 122
agrees with akquies

but who cares, go make a commercial about how you've had a gold colored phone 1st, then the next company can say NO we did. Then an old fashioned wall phone company can say they had a gold phone, then a company who made an old fashioned rotary phone can say they all had a gold telephone blah blah blah yada yada yada etc etc etc who cares...

hehe

first! I'll give you first, I am so far from being the FIRST living being in the universe, where does that put me? :P
Adobe Systems - "Preventing the Case-Sensitive revolution everyday..."
Adobe Systems - "Preventing the Case-Sensitive revolution everyday..."
post #120 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

If your name is Xavier Edward Roxall.

Samsung needs to stop this ruse. The emperor has no clothes.

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Samsung crows about its 'golden history' of making gold colored phones