or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple to patch more bugs with release of iOS 7.0.3 next week - report

Apple to patch more bugs with release of iOS 7.0.3 next week - report

post #1 of 56
Apple is rumored to roll out another minor update to iOS 7 next week, addressing several small and lingering issues in the company's latest mobile operating system.

iOS 7

iOS 7.0.3, sporting build number 11B491, has been released to employees and select external partners for testing, BGR reported on Tuesday. The new version is said to be made available in advance of iOS 7.1's expected reveal alongside new iPads at Apple's rumored October event.

The new build may address performance issues that have lingered since iOS 7's debut last month as well as new lock screen bypass security concerns that have surfaced since last week's iOS 7.0.2 release. For comparison, iOS 7.0.2 carries build number 11A501.

The same site incorrectly claimed that Apple would release a seventh beta of iOS 7 in August. Apple instead skipped from iOS beta 6 to iOS 7 Golden Master on Sept. 10.

Apple released iOS 7.0.1 with "bug fixes and improvements" as an over-the-air update for the iPhone 5s and 5c on the handsets' launch day, with iOS 7.0.2 following just six days later to address bugs related to lockscreen passcode security.
post #2 of 56
Start here. An outgoing iMessage text shouldn't sit in a queue with no timeout and no straight-forward way to restart the process.

Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

AT&T believes their LTE coverage is adequate

Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

AT&T believes their LTE coverage is adequate

post #3 of 56
Yep, just a few little things.
iMessage not sending
Screen Freezes
Stuttering
Slow safari
To name a few.
post #4 of 56
Every update is important not minor. Especially fixing bugs. Just because a number does end with.0 does not make it any less important. Also I hope they make safari snappier!

EDIT: LOOKING BACK IT LOOKS LIKE A WENT A LITTLE BI-POLAR THERE LOL!1biggrin.gif
post #5 of 56
I actually had a blue crash twice yesterday. The screen turned blue for about a second and the phone restarted, without my prompting it. Then it happened again less then three minutes later. When it restarted, I quite all running apps and haven't had a problem since. But it shook me to see my, not even two week old 5s go through it like that. And the message thing would be nice to see fixed as well.
post #6 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango15 View Post

Yep, just a few little things.
iMessage not sending
Screen Freezes
Stuttering
Slow safari
To name a few.

Not seeing any of this. Why do you think Apple needs to deal with your personal issues that hardly anyone else sees? Try troubleshooting your hosed updated instead.

post #7 of 56
Could be to bring back iCloud Keychain to time with with mavericks release?
Doodle Dice iPhone puzzle game: A fun, free physics-laden collection of dice games.  Greatest app made yet?  Perhaps young man... Perhaps.
Doodle Dice iPhone puzzle game: A fun, free physics-laden collection of dice games.  Greatest app made yet?  Perhaps young man... Perhaps.
post #8 of 56
The only problem I've seen with Messages is that occasionally when I send a text, usually a picture but not always, it will go through just fine, but the following day I'll see "Message failure" for that text.
post #9 of 56
Wow I must be lucky because I'm not experiencing any of these issues. I have one issue which is the 3rd party twitter app I use has a bit of a lag. But other than that iOS 7 has worked fine for me. Battery life the same as iOS 6 too.
post #10 of 56

I'm not seeing any problems with my 4S, either. I don't necessarily care for the thin fonts, colors scheme, and animations, but no problems, per se. Battery life did take a big hit, but it's much better after turning off a bunch of useless stuff that comes with iOS 7. At this point, I'd be okay if iOS 7 never happened.

post #11 of 56

Given the overwhelming number of negative comments since its release, I will definitely wait until iOS 7.1 before even considering updating - not to mention the fact that haven't yet accepted to use the POS called iTunes 11 (a pre-condition for iOS 7).

iMac Intel 27" Core i7 3.4, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD + 1TB HD + 4TB RAID 1+0, Nuforce Icon HDP, OS X 10.9.1; iPad Air 64GB; iPhone 5 32GB; iPod Classic; iPod Nano 4G; Apple TV 2.
iMac Intel 27" Core i7 3.4, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD + 1TB HD + 4TB RAID 1+0, Nuforce Icon HDP, OS X 10.9.1; iPad Air 64GB; iPhone 5 32GB; iPod Classic; iPod Nano 4G; Apple TV 2.
post #12 of 56
I'm running a 5s and haven't noticed a single dire issue. To me, Safari is SUPER fast. Only glitch I see is sometimes when I'm texting or writing an email it will add a space before a period when I tap for a single period (and, no, it's not fat fingers). :-)

So far, so good%u2026 loving iOS7.

That said, I would like my finger print to some day work to authenticate all purchases ANYWHERE. Taking out a long password entry would be nice.
post #13 of 56
I think some people are over reacting just a tad don't you think.

Originally Posted by Rickers - 2014

Cook & Co will bury Apple.  They can only ride Steve's ghost for so long.  Steve == Apple and Apple == Steve.  

Originally Posted by Rickers - 2014

Cook & Co will bury Apple.  They can only ride Steve's ghost for so long.  Steve == Apple and Apple == Steve.  

post #14 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Not seeing any of this. Why do you think Apple needs to deal with your personal issues that hardly anyone else sees?

Why do you think Apple should ignore the bugs some are experiencing just because you're not?

I'm seeing lags, stuttering and sudden restarts on both my iPad 3 and iPhone 5.

MBP 17" (early 2011) • iMac 24" (mid-2007) • iBook G3 (early 2001)

MBP 17" (early 2011) • iMac 24" (mid-2007) • iBook G3 (early 2001)

post #15 of 56
There is an issue with iMessage and I have seen it on an iPhone 5. None of the iMessages go through, and none of them auto send as text messages even with the send as SMS is enabled.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/01/imessage-not-working-how-to-fix-imessage-in-ios-7-4130546/
post #16 of 56
Really wish they'd fix the major iPhone 4 bug with FACETIME not working.

Any iPhone 4 owner hasn't had Facetime connect to any incoming or outgoing calls since the last iOS 6 update before iOS7 came out, and it was never fixed in iOS7. So all iPhone 4 owners have had to revert to the poor relation of Skype.
post #17 of 56
Only issue I have, and it's not really an issue, more of a quirk. Why can't we "Decline" a phone call anymore when a call comes in on the lock screen? To decline you have to push the lock button twice. The only way we have both "Decline" AND "Answer" options is when a call comes in WHILE you are using the phone like while surfing the web or sending messages.

I found that a little odd. Anyone else?
post #18 of 56
Quote:

Not seeing any of this. Why do you think Apple needs to deal with your personal issues that hardly anyone else sees? Try troubleshooting your hosed updated instead.

At least for iMessage... 

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/10/01/ios-7-user-report-of-imessage-failures-simple-procedure-may-be-temporary-fix

I've seen it, myself. Just this morning, I noticed a message I sent at 7PM last night still said "sending". It's annoying. Through all the betas, too, I've experienced issues with iMessage on WiFi, but not LTE. I thought it was fixed with the GM, but it appears not. And now it's timing out on LTE, too.

post #19 of 56

A couple more:
Videos have lost their titles in the iPad Videos app. The work around is to tag them as home video but that does not always work.

If you play a conference video (like the ones from WWDC) and turn off the screen, the video stops playing. In earlier versions of iOS you could then press the play button on your headset controls and keep playing the audio with the screen off. This stopped working in some version of iOS 6 and is still broken. You can tell this is a bug because if you press the home button there is a play control on the lock screen that is non-functional when a video was playing. This bug sucks battery big time when you want to listen to conferences on walks and is ultra annoying since it is easy to touch the screen when your iPhone is in your pocket. BTW, WWDC videos are not available as audio only and have DRM so you can't easily rip the audio tracks. It is also nice to pull out the iPhone and look at the screen briefly when they are showing something you want to see.

post #20 of 56
I have an iPhone 4, did a factory reset, no apps, no 'restore' (just reloaded iCloud contact).
Extremely slow, locks up for 10-20 seconds, typing lags and stutters, digitizer occasionally slow and non-responsive during unlocking. Again, stock phone, stock software, little or nothing running in the background.

I loved my 4 under ios 6, but it is clearly not ready for the current version of ios 7.
post #21 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by eji View Post

Why do you think Apple should ignore the bugs some are experiencing just because you're not?

I'm seeing lags, stuttering and sudden restarts on both my iPad 3 and iPhone 5.

Lag, stuttering, and repsprings (not "restarts") are definitely prevelant on all iOS 7 devices.

Even the expected behavior of the unlock animation needs addressing. Every time I unlock my 5S I am swiping before the animation finishes. It's waaay too slow.
post #22 of 56
Another bug seems to be with iBook. When one comes back to an active iBook session, the text of the book appears briefs, then blanks out, then about 3 to 5 seconds later the text reappears.
post #23 of 56
It's ObamaCare I tell you. lol.gif

Where's the new Apple TV?

Where's the new Apple TV?
post #24 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmz View Post

Lag, stuttering, and repsprings (not "restarts") are definitely prevelant on all iOS 7 devices.

iPhone 5 (2nd gen GSM model) and iPad Gen 3 here, with absolutely no issues.

Seriously, anyone who is spending their time documenting any problems they are experiencing on a forum needs to open a new tab and go to bugtracker.apple.com. Are people under the impression that Apple is checking forums to identify bugs?

post #25 of 56
Quote:

Wow. Who pissed in your Cherrios? You really think your experience is universal and everyone else's is just personal? WTF?

Many of these things are device specific. iOS7 works perfectly on my iPhone 5, but on my iPad 2 the zoom animations sometimes freeze right in the middle, especially when I do the five finger pinch to return to the home screen.
post #26 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul94544 View Post

I think some people are over reacting just a tad don't you think.

You mean iOS or Obamacare? ;-)
post #27 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillio View Post

How about the other bugs: not being able to send e-mail to iCloud groups, not being able to delete an entire paragraph at once, botched by dictation, being able to stop the icons from zooming in, dare I say being able to revert to an IOS6 skin...

The zooming is controllable in the Accessibility section.

post #28 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurgeFilter View Post

Really wish they'd fix the major iPhone 4 bug with FACETIME not working.

Any iPhone 4 owner hasn't had Facetime connect to any incoming or outgoing calls since the last iOS 6 update before iOS7 came out, and it was never fixed in iOS7. So all iPhone 4 owners have had to revert to the poor relation of Skype.

That is not a bug, that was a patent lawsuit that Apple lost.  Funny that you speak for all iPhone 4 owners.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/08/30/apples-facetime-workarounds-for-virnetx-patent-suit-causing-complaints-costs-24m-per-month

post #29 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillio View Post

Where can I turn off zooming? (that is, the icons flying in after I unlock my phone)

Not all the way "off", though I haven't tried it, but anyway:

Settings: General: Accessibility: Reduce Motion... "Reduce the motion of the user interface, including the parallax effect of icons and alerts".

Might be a start. Whole bunch of interface tweaking available within that section Larger Type, Bold text, Increase contrast...

Oh and yeah and "zoom" for those settings  is magnification

post #30 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc1138 View Post

The zooming is controllable in the Accessibility section.

No it is not. You can only turn off the silly parallax background thing on the home screen (where the icons appear to move above the background image). There is no way to turn off the zooming animations.

My question is when is Apple going to finish the interface design and release THAT update. This design is so horrendous. Looks like a wireframe drawing. But hey, at least you can see through the Safari toolbar now. That's what iOS has been missing all along. FINALLY I can just barely see through my toolbars. It's about time.

Also so happy that buttons and labels finally look exactly the same so there's no way to know what's what. And also no way to know the size of any buttons since the entire interface is now just Helvetica (such a hideous font for an OS) floating in space. I always said iOS was way to intuitive and easy to use. I mean, 3 year olds used to be able to use iOS. What a disaster. You don't want 3 years old use iPads.

post #31 of 56
They really need a major bug fix release. Here I my experience:

On iPhone 4 I'm actually surprised that iOS 7 works as well as it does. There are performance glitches that is for sure.

On my iPad 3 iOS 7 is crapola. It has so many problems I don't think I could list them all. One issue is spurious keyboard retries, this when the finger isn't even close to the key in question. Often this is associated with the space bar. The second issue is that I get video issues Sometimes when the shift or numbers key is pressed. Third the responsiveness to a scroll up to reveal the task bar sucks. It is so slow that I often end up flick a task to quite by accident. Fourth in general I've noticed that screen taps don't always get translated to the right interface element or taps being missed completely. Fifth performance at times sucks which is strange because the iPhone isn't that bad.

I can understand to an extent that software isn't perfect but iOS 7 is far worst on my iPad 3 than on my much older iPhone 4. There are just too many glitches. Frankly I don't see all the glitches being addressed until a 7.1 release. Some of the fixes go beyond simple patches from what I can see.

If it wasn't for all of these obvious not ready for prime time issues I'd really like iOS 7.
post #32 of 56
@zroger73

Changing these things made all the diffrence for me.

1. Settings/General/Accessibility/Bold Text (turn on)

2. Wallpaper & Brightness - Brightness set to 50% and Wallpaper/Stills/Choose last one (dark gray with a snake skin look)

I haven't any of the issues listed either. But when making a major update I do the following.

1. Settings/Storage & Backup/Backup Now. Backup EVERYTHING to iCloud/iTunes Match. Make sure it shows the backup was completed on the day and time you did it.

2. Settings/General/Reset/Erase All Content and Settings. This restores your phone to factory settings.

3. Upon booting up it will ask you to choose an iCloud device. Choose the device and backup you just created and it will add back all your apps, settings and content.
post #33 of 56
I'm not detecting any problems with my iPhone 5.
post #34 of 56
A couple of things I noticed after the 7.02 update on my AT&T iPhone 5:
1 The "reverse zoom" of icons back to the home screen stutters.
2 Remote for Apple TV crashes, reopen works fine until the phone sleeps, crashes...
3 Messages sitting there without sending issue. I haven't tried the network reset "fix" yet.

All minor compared to what came with iOS 7.
Apple will fix all of the issues.
post #35 of 56
I'm annoyed that I get iTunes Radio ads even though I'm a subscriber unless Match is turned on on the device. Why should that matter? I'm still a paid subscriber (which was how ad-free usage was promoted) regardless of whether it's active at any given time. I don't want to use Match on my iPhone all the time like I do on my iPad, but still want the benefit of being a subscriber when I use Radio on the iPhone. I hope it's a bug but I fear it's a feature.
post #36 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlscharlau View Post

2 Remote for Apple TV crashes, reopen works fine until the phone sleeps, crashes...
I've seen this crashing behavior with some other apps also, but agree that it is very frequent with Remote. But Remote has not been updated yet, so maybe this can be fixed by an app update vs an iOS update?
post #37 of 56
IOS7 is, itself, a bug. It added a little functionality (good). It made each app/screen more difficult to see (Awful). It removed all the visual things that had been building (under Steve Jobs leadership) since the first iPhone (Terrible). And Spotlight no longer digs as deep into any one record as it used to (Terrible).

Basically, IOS7 was an attempt by one man, Jony Ive, to impose his bland perspective of a gray and white world, on a previously wonderful product. If Steve were alive he would:
1. Give us a "classic" view as a choice.
2. Fire Jony Ive.

What a total disaster. change for the sake of change to support the arrogance of one man who finally got his chance to make his footprint in the sand of Apple.

Remember the disaster that happened the last time Apple went without Steve? Here it comes again.
SkyKing
SkyKing
post #38 of 56

You are right.  I find it both odd and irritating.  Along with a lot of other things that do not work very well in an IOS that we did not need.

SkyKing
SkyKing
post #39 of 56

I'm pretty certain that Apple has decided it does not want comments about IOS7.  If it did there would be a place for it in apple.com/feedback.  As it is all we can do is give feedback on pretty much anything EXCEPT iOS7.

Anyone else irritated about that?

SkyKing
SkyKing
post #40 of 56

I agree with so many of the comments here, IOS was pretty darn great.  I love the core new IOS 7 features except for this horribly bland look.  They seem to only rate the success of IOS7 by the number of people upgrading to it.  Except for the few folks around this forum who seem to defend this release like it was their own bastard child, most folks I'm talking to in the wild have little good to say.

I was with one of my company's VP's today and she was lamenting as to why she upgraded.  She uses the clock app all the time when traveling and now finds it almost unusable, can't see it.

On conf call, I received multiple calls from others, the reject button was present for the first call but gone for subsequent calls!

I initially loved the finger scanner, still do, except when I did a bunch of work around the house this weekend.  I had to wash hands a lot, my prints changed enough that NONE of the 5 different fingers from two hands would work any longer.  I had to re-train with my "new" prints.  This is understandable, the reader was flawless all week with my "office hands" but has trouble with worker hands which are abused with harsh cleaners etc.

This brought up a second problem, there is no way to extend the locking window, it always locks immediately with standby.  When print scan fails, the suggested strong password is a real pain to enter over and over, especially with the terrible looking keyboard and its tiny buttons.  So I went back to a simple password as the scanner is intermittent until my hands get over the weekends abuse and that keypad is quick and easy to use.

So ya, Jony is a GIFTED hardware guy, but please get a GIFTED Graphic Artist to dazzle us with a beautiful and Usable GUI.  The iPhone is so much a part of my working and private life, it needs to be awesome, it needs an update.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple to patch more bugs with release of iOS 7.0.3 next week - report