or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Asus, HTC, LG and other Android licensees join Samsung in faking test results
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asus, HTC, LG and other Android licensees join Samsung in faking test results - Page 3

post #81 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by akqies View Post

Those are not stock devices as sold by OEMs and tested by reputable sites like AnandTech. if you really want to disparage the performance benchmarks of an OS simply because it's posted on Geekbench then you need to discount OS X as it's commonly measured by the Hackintosh community to see how well they perform on DiY HW under ideal conditions.

Not true. OS X run on a Hackintosh is not a Mac. When a benchmark is reported for Macs, it is running a genuine OS on a genuine computer. If someone looks for the iPhone 5 on Geekbench, they get the actual results that they would see if they buy one at AT&T or the Apple Store.

The Android benchmarks are generally reported only by the phone hardware type. They don't explain that it's not a commercial system - and is bastardized and hacked to eliminate functionality so it runs the benchmark faster. So someone who looks on the Geekbench for a Note 3 is NOT getting the performance they'll get out of the box.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #82 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post

Whatever.
How many people actually BUY a phone based on benchmarks?
One or three?
I have a neighbor who keeps getting the latest galaxy phone because she thinks a faster processor will make her phone calls faster (yes she is crazy (really))
post #83 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmia View Post

i bet you wont wsj taking about this or cnbc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

I dunno… since it’s more than one company, they can slip in “Android is lying to customers” somewhere.

Looks like "Jmpmia" is mostly right (so far). Two Google searches (wait, that's Google searches, but whatever) and the most mainstream organ I found covering the story was Yahoo News...

http://news.yahoo.com/samsung-isn-t-only-smartphone-maker-boosting-benchmark-191555987.html

An iPhone, a Leatherman and thou...  ...life is complete.

Reply

An iPhone, a Leatherman and thou...  ...life is complete.

Reply
post #84 of 130

OMG, this is Benchgate!

 

and every single web site review of these phonied up Android smartphones that ran benchmark tests on them and based their evaluation of their performance in any way on these falsified results has to rewritten! right? at least for the models still on the market today, right?

 

so will CNET and Engadget and Ars and Verge and all the rest go back and re-write their recent reviews based on facts instead of fraud? huh?

 

yeah, sure, right.

 

or just sweep it under the "no big deal" rug?

 

of course it were Apple, you know they would all be foaming at the mouth today about the Scandal of the Century ...

 

talk about sheep - these are the real sheep ... the Droid Sheep.

post #85 of 130
So if their cheating is confirmed by, say, consumer watch-dogs then the makers should fined for false advertising, no?

These are very sad and desperate bastards indeed!
post #86 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomDude View Post


Don't those sites either not run benchmarks or run their own benchmarks?

I thought this article was about official benchmarks. Also what does this have to do with the userbase? Last I checked Joe Androiduser isn't Samsung or HTC or LG or whomever else.

Find another reason to feel better than someone.

 

welcome, Dude Android Sheep!

 

of course they run their own benchmarks. which are deceived by the trick OS software, silly. that's the whole point! you clearly have not grasped what the story is.

post #87 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Baker View Post

Notice the similarity? American companies such as Apple and Google have a higher ethical standard and Asian companies lie and cheat regularly. Different cultures.

 

Yea, because it's not like Apple doesn't have any sweatshops in China or anything. Moreover, apparently you haven't learned about Google's antitrust case in the EU?

post #88 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Not true. OS X run on a Hackintosh is not a Mac. When a benchmark is reported for Macs, it is running a genuine OS on a genuine computer. If someone looks for the iPhone 5 on Geekbench, they get the actual results that they would see if they buy one at AT&T or the Apple Store.

It's not genuine. It's been hacked — hence the name Hackintosh — so it can run on some other HW. This is why you see HW configurations that are very different from what Apple offers, which includes overclocked CPUs and high-end GPUs.

At least Android can be freely downloaded and altered legally which you not only fail to account for but go to the ridiculous end to say that a modified version of Android, which is the nature of Android, is somehow cheating.

It's clear that Samsung, LG, Asus and HTC have cheating by artificially throttling the CPU when different benchmarks so why do you feel the need to make shit up? All it does is make us reasonable Apple users look douchie when you make such foolish claims.
post #89 of 130
The idea of having Android free in the first place is not for Google to get revenue from mobile ads from those devices. It's even worst. If you think NSA snooping around is bad, then Google have it the worst. They gather unique user habits based on their use of the said device and whatever it is they share using their Android device to the social network, and with super advance algorithm that Google own, pin points what you might need and sell those data in form of "custom" advertising media effectively selling advertisers product to consumers.

For short, despite of their so called privacy policy, Google revenue is digital advertising, and Android is Google's mean of justifying their "advertising media" products to advertisers. Google is data-mining users habits. Google knows when a user farts, breath, eats, have a date, meeting up with friends, who are they, where they meet and Google even know whether the user recently broke up with his girlfriend and wanted to commit suicide (and do nothing about it).
post #90 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boedsky View Post

For short, despite of their so called privacy policy, Google revenue is digital advertising, and Android is Google's mean of justifying their "advertising media" products to advertisers. Google is data-mining users habits. Google knows when a user farts, breath, eats, have a date, meeting up with friends, who are they, where they meet and Google even know whether the user recently broke up with his girlfriend and wanted to commit suicide (and do nothing about it).

 

Remember, Google always does what is best for their customers.  And you are NOT their customers.  You are their product.  They sell you to companies.  Enjoy that...

OSX, because making UNIX user friendly is easier than debugging windows.
Reply
OSX, because making UNIX user friendly is easier than debugging windows.
Reply
post #91 of 130
Stealing customer data and selling it to advertisers without their consent is bad enough. Lying about performance?!?!? I hate myself now for even trying to pehaps consider giving a though on may be purchasing an Android phone back in 2009.
"We're surrounded by anonymous, poorly made objects. It's tempting to think it's because the people who use them don't care -- just like the people who make them." - Jony Ive, 2014
Reply
"We're surrounded by anonymous, poorly made objects. It's tempting to think it's because the people who use them don't care -- just like the people who make them." - Jony Ive, 2014
Reply
post #92 of 130
This just invalidated tens of millions of idiotic arguments by millions and millions of idiot fandroids over the last 4 or 5 years. hahahaha I love it.

So much boasting... for what??? so that eventually the numbers align with the user experience??? hahahaha
post #93 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by vqro View Post

This just invalidated tens of millions of idiotic arguments by millions and millions of idiot fandroids over the last 4 or 5 years. hahahaha I love it.

So much boasting... for what??? so that eventually the numbers align with the user experience??? hahahaha

The worse part is that OEMs that have used Android-based devices have had to use higher clock rates and more cores which then use more power and result in worse battery life for a given capacity just to keep up with the considerably more efficient iOS and smoother UI. You'd think they be able to get something right out of all this. well, perhaps they did get something right, albeit accidentally. It was Android OEMs that moved to larger displays when they wanted to usurp Apple and other vendors by adding LTE but had to resort to large, power hungry chips. Sure, those displays required more power but the greater footprint of the display allowed them to hide it better. It's funny now to think one of the biggest anti-Apple complaints about the original iPhone was that it was too big.
post #94 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysisftw View Post

Stealing customer data and selling it to advertisers without their consent is bad enough. Lying about performance?!?!? I hate myself now for even trying to pehaps consider giving a though on may be purchasing an Android phone back in 2009.

 

Google never steal data, by using Android, and other Google's services, you are more than willing to give up your privacy.

post #95 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomDude View Post


My bad, wasn't aware I had to be blindly raging at every Apple competitor in order to even post on this board.

Hell, my only mentions of Apple will be positive as I can't see any reason to legitimately dislike Apple. So good luck trying to paint me as anti-Apple.

 

sure, whatever.

post #96 of 130

Benchmarks don't matter... unless there is some reason to use them in order to bash 'Fandroids'.  I don't know what's more pathetic, the increasing tendency of articles leveraging off other companies' apparent failure/error or the rabid, mindless preemptive ranting and bashing in discussion.

post #97 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo42 View Post
 

Benchmarks don't matter... unless there is some reason to use them in order to bash 'Fandroids'.  I don't know what's more pathetic, the increasing tendency of articles leveraging off other companies' apparent failure/error or the rabid, mindless preemptive ranting and bashing in discussion.

 

sure, nothing to see here, move on. sweep it under the rug.  no big thing. almost everyone does it. nevermind that man behind the curtain. i was just following orders ...

post #98 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo42 View Post
 

Benchmarks don't matter... unless there is some reason to use them in order to bash 'Fandroids'.  I don't know what's more pathetic, the increasing tendency of articles leveraging off other companies' apparent failure/error or the rabid, mindless preemptive ranting and bashing in discussion.

 

I agree with you that benchmarks do not matter, especially to those anything but Apple people here. 

 

I too see many dirty mouses here, more childish reactions than MacRumors or any other tech site.  You would be called Fandroid, apologist, Android sheep...(you name it all would show up), if you have anything against Apple or anything pro or look-protective for their enemies like Sammy.

post #99 of 130
I buy apple products because I know what I'm getting; quality and honesty. It's depressing that so many people have dismissed apple as just a fad with overpriced hardware that you can buy elsewhere. We all know that couldn't be farther from the truth!

I'm glad to hear that google has maintained some standards of integrity; but I'm not sure I can forgive them for the gross copying of iOS.

When Apple announced that the iPhone 5s was 2x faster than it's predecessor I believed it and I knew that it would be 2x faster in a meaningful way, not for some isolated benchmark. That's why I bought one without even seeing the device first and didn't think anything of it.

Listen up all you electronics manufactures, in the long run, honesty and quality win the day. Your customers will only be as loyal to you as you are to them. Lie and cheat them and expect them to jump ship as soon as a bigger liar shows up in town. Be honest and focus on true innovation and they will keep coming back for more and love you for it... and they won't mind paying a little extra for your hard work!
post #100 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomDude View Post


Again with the copycat bs. Show me where Android 1.0 is a copy of iPhone OS...everyone says this. Is it because It's a touch based OS? It never did operate like iOS... Much to it's early detriment and now it's even further from iOS.

 

^^^^^^^^^

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

OMFG_ROTFLPIMP

You aren't trying to rehash that are you? where the hell have you been hiding for the last 5+ years?

Android (since iOS and first iPhone) is a DIRECT rip-off of iOS. No debate needed, it was intended to be just that when it was first released as a touch screen OS. 

android sucks, but not as much as the people who come here to defend it.

New for MS dorks - Microsoft sucks just as much as the losers that come to AI to defend it

Reply

android sucks, but not as much as the people who come here to defend it.

New for MS dorks - Microsoft sucks just as much as the losers that come to AI to defend it

Reply
post #101 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I don’t understand. They’re allowed to lie in advertising–in TESTING, even–and they aren’t punished for it.

So 'perpetrated lies go unpunished'?
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #102 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjb View Post

I agree with you that benchmarks do not matter, especially to those anything but Apple people here. 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo42 View Post

Benchmarks don't matter... unless there is some reason to use them in order to bash 'Fandroids'.  I don't know what's more pathetic, the increasing tendency of articles leveraging off other companies' apparent failure/error or the rabid, mindless preemptive ranting and bashing in discussion.

So if benchmarks don't matter and no one uses them, why did Samsung, Asus, HTC, LG, and others feel the need to cheat on the benchmarks?

And why do so many reviews of phones include benchmark results?
Quote:
Originally Posted by akqies View Post

It's not genuine. It's been hacked — hence the name Hackintosh — so it can run on some other HW. This is why you see HW configurations that are very different from what Apple offers, which includes overclocked CPUs and high-end GPUs.

At least Android can be freely downloaded and altered legally which you not only fail to account for but go to the ridiculous end to say that a modified version of Android, which is the nature of Android, is somehow cheating.

It's clear that Samsung, LG, Asus and HTC have cheating by artificially throttling the CPU when different benchmarks so why do you feel the need to make shit up? All it does is make us reasonable Apple users look douchie when you make such foolish claims.

No one is making anything up - except your silly arguments.

Why in the world are you accusing Apple of cheating because some independent third party creates a Hackintosh?

The two scenarios are worlds apart. In one case, Samsung, Asus, HTC, LG and others actively create hooks into their software that creates fake benchmark results. Users see official results from the vendor giving a specific benchmark result - a result that is meaningless in real life. In the other case, someone outside of Apple and with no ties at all to Apple creates a Hackintosh (in violation of Apple's TOS and specifically without Apple's consent or approval) and publishes a benchmark which is clearly NOT an Apple machine and there's no risk of confusion.

How in the world do you consider those situations to be comparable in any way?
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #103 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post


So if benchmarks don't matter and no one uses them, why did Samsung, Asus, HTC, LG, and others feel the need to cheat on the benchmarks?

And why do so many reviews of phones include benchmark results?

It's a geek pissing contest. How many people actually consider benchmark scores when buying a phone? I think it's laughable that anyone would cheat on something that most people know nothing of.
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #104 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

It's a geek pissing contest. How many people actually consider benchmark scores when buying a phone? I think it's laughable that anyone would cheat on something that most people know nothing of.

Then why did all those companies feel that it's important enough for them to fake the results?

And why do so many reviews include benchmark scores?
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #105 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Then why did all those companies feel that it's important enough for them to fake the results?

And why do so many reviews include benchmark scores?

My guess is that they think that the reviewers will give their device a positive review because of its supposed performance. The funny thing is that the phone that's gotten good reviews as of late is the Moto X which Motorola specifically said that it's midrange in performance and specs. I'm sure you'll agree that features and functionality will always trump specs.
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #106 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

My guess is that they think that the reviewers will give their device a positive review because of its supposed performance. .

So they think that lying about the benchmarks will help them in reviews.

So your "it's nothing but a geek pissing contest" statement is false -by your own admission.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #107 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

So they think that lying about the benchmarks will help them in reviews.

So your "it's nothing but a geek pissing contest" statement is false -by your own admission.

Well you tell me, who brags about benchmark scores except geeks? I've overheard people bragging about screen size, about this feature and that feature but never once have I heard someone brag about benchmark scores.
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #108 of 130
Originally Posted by bigpics View Post
Two Google searches (wait, that's Google searches, but whatever) and the most mainstream organ I found covering the story was Yahoo News...

 

From the Big Three…

 

Now, this is all “personalized”, which is the most idiotic thing to happen to search engines. Not that I ever search for anything Android anyway, but still. :grumble:

 

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post
So 'perpetrated lies go unpunished'?

 

Presently. It’s some nice alliteration, but I just don’t get why it was confusing.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
post #109 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtomlin View Post
 

Absolutely love the title of the first table, "I Can't Believe I Have to Make This Table"

 

LOL

iLOVE

post #110 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Why in the world are you accusing Apple of cheating because some independent third party creates a Hackintosh?

You accused Apple of cheating with OS X by associative property of claiming that any recorded benchmarks of Android OS on Gekbench are proof that Google is cheating. Furthermore, you've completely ignored why one might strip a vanilla version of Android down to create a streamlined OS for a specific task while also claiming that Samsung, Asus, HTC, and LG are killing services to simply run these known benchmarks, which has not been shown by AnandTech or anyone else to be the case. All you've done is take something that makes Apple look good by comparison and taint it with your bias.
post #111 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


Well you tell me, who brags about benchmark scores except geeks? I've overheard people bragging about screen size, about this feature and that feature but never once have I heard someone brag about benchmark scores.

 

you are right that benchmarks are used mainly for marketing hype, since few buyers base their decision merely on benchmarks. but you are wrong to then dismiss hype as inconsequential in the marketplace. reviewers cite benchmarks as "objective" performance measures for purposes of comparison with competing products, which is then one building block of a product's overall perception in the marketplace. every positive factor helps that reputation, and 'power' factors like speed benchmarks do have a significant overall impact in that perception.

 

what is particularly egregious about this undeniable lack of integrity by these OEM's is the comparison outcomes with competing products in the charts that typically are part of these reviews - the reputation of honest products is thus impugned by the false claims of the phonied up ones.

 

to cut to the chase, Samsung's S phones have been hyped by some based on benchmarks as 'just as fast or faster than the iPhone' (prior to the 5s) - thus a technically equivalent product by that measure - to foster the meme of Samsung's overall technical parity with Apple. turns out that was very wrong.

 

of course reputation matters.

post #112 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Well you tell me, who brags about benchmark scores except geeks? I've overheard people bragging about screen size, about this feature and that feature but never once have I heard someone brag about benchmark scores.

So you're once again left with the question - why did all those companies cheat if no one cares about the result? Obviously, Asus, HTC, LG, Samsung and others think it's important enough to risk getting caught cheating. So why should we accept your "it doesn't matter" over their "it matters enough that we're going to cheat"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtomlin View Post

Absolutely love the title of the first table, "I Can't Believe I Have to Make This Table"

LOL

I agree. Just to make it clear what you're referring to (you didn't link to it):
http://www.anandtech.com/show/7384/state-of-cheating-in-android-benchmarks
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #113 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiejr View Post

buyers base their decision merely on benchmarks. but you are wrong to then dismiss hype as inconsequential in the marketplace.

This is seemingly contradictory. If people aren't buying devices because of their benchmark scores than it is inconsequential in the marketplace. Nowadays when people hear faster they think in terms of internet speeds. They really don't care if a phone can open a app a half second faster than another one.
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #114 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


This is seemingly contradictory. If people aren't buying devices because of their benchmark scores than it is inconsequential in the marketplace. Nowadays when people hear faster they think in terms of internet speeds. They really don't care if a phone can open a app a half second faster than another one.

 

um .... did you read the rest of my comment? all the stuff you don't quote and don't address?

post #115 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post


Published Geekbench results are regularly done on hacked Android versions that have been modified specifically to run benchmarks - at the expense of actually doing anything useful.

Just another example of why Android benchmarks shouldn't be trusted.

 

I think you are muddling two separate issues here. The outrage here is over OEM ``optimizations" for benchmarks that are published in reviews of official products. The guilty OEMs deserve all the flak they can get because unassuming consumers who read reviews that depend on faulty benchmarks will be led to false impressions of their products. One should certainly view benchmarks published in reviews with suspicion because these OEMs have been caught trying to underhandedly subvert them.

 

On the other hand, the results published on Geekbench's website are not related to this affair. Geekbench's website is merely a public forum where users can upload their personal Geekbench results. The very purpose of that site is to let you show off your overclocked gaming rig or smartphone. Those user-uploaded results have nothing to do with the credibility of reviews of official OEM products because the reviewers run their own benchmarks on devices straight from the OEMs. No reasonable person would assign any weight to the numbers on the Geekbench website even if no OEM cheated.


Edited by d4NjvRzf - 10/3/13 at 12:40pm
post #116 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

So you're once again left with the question - why did all those companies cheat if no one cares about the result? Obviously, Asus, HTC, LG, Samsung and others think it's important enough to risk getting caught cheating. So why should we accept your "it doesn't matter" over their "it matters enough that we're going to cheat"

I really don't know the answer to that question. A positive review is helpful but truth be told the majority of the people reading reviews aren't in the market for a phone or will not let benchmark scores affect their decision. Funny that it's only the Asian companies that do it, maybe benchmark scores are the modern day 'Superman can beat up Batman' in Korea.
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #117 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiejr View Post

um .... did you read the rest of my comment? all the stuff you don't quote and don't address?

Yes I did and I addressed the only part I had a problem with, the rest of it is pretty much spot on.
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #118 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post



I really don't know the answer to that question. A positive review is helpful but truth be told the majority of the people reading reviews aren't in the market for a phone or will not let benchmark scores affect their decision. Funny that it's only the Asian companies that do it, maybe benchmark scores are the modern day 'Superman can beat up Batman' in Korea.

Let's see. You (an anonymous nobody on AI) say that benchmarks aren't important.

Asus, HTC, LG, Samsung, and others think that they're important enough to cheat on the benchmark testing.

Who is more likely to know about the customers' buying behavior?


Besides, even if you were right and it didn't matter - that simply makes those companies stupid as well as dishonest.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #119 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Let's see. You (an anonymous nobody on AI) say that benchmarks aren't important.

Asus, HTC, LG, Samsung, and others think that they're important enough to cheat on the benchmark testing.

Who is more likely to know about the customers' buying behavior?


Besides, even if you were right and it didn't matter - that simply makes those companies stupid as well as dishonest.

I never said that benchmarks weren't important, it's just not of importance to the average consumer at least in the US.

Now I could've told that all these companies were stupid back in late 2007 when a company that had never made a phone before had to show them the future of phones and now 6 years later they still can't get it right.
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #120 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

I never said that benchmarks weren't important, it's just not of importance to the average consumer at least in the US.

OK. Very slight modification to my statement - but the gist doesn't change:

Let's see. You (an anonymous nobody on AI) say that benchmarks aren't important enough to change buying decisions.

Asus, HTC, LG, Samsung, and others think that they're important enough to cheat on the benchmark testing.

Who is more likely to know about the customers' buying behavior?


Besides, even if you were right and it didn't matter - that simply makes those companies stupid as well as dishonest.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Asus, HTC, LG and other Android licensees join Samsung in faking test results
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Asus, HTC, LG and other Android licensees join Samsung in faking test results