or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iOS 7 feature focus: Quick access to '.com,' '?' and other hidden keys

iOS 7 feature focus: Quick access to '.com,' '?' and other hidden keys - Page 2

post #41 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by drblank View Post

I just checked.  Tim isn't God.    Tim is the CEO of Apple.  

Same difference. :P
"Picasso had a saying, 'Good artists copy, great artists steal.' And we've always been shameless about stealing great ideas."
"Picasso had a saying, 'Good artists copy, great artists steal.' And we've always been shameless about stealing great ideas."
post #42 of 52
Turns out that these popular URL endings are region sensitive. If you select a country other than the United States in preferences, the most popular URL endings in that country will pop up along with .com and the rest of the international ones.
post #43 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven N. View Post

Has anyone found a faster way to the degree symbol other than the Japanese keyboard and hitting numbers/symbol and then press and hold the 3? Just for a: °

On mine a long press on 0 (zero) gives this.
post #44 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by drblank View Post

And Steve isn't God either.  I checked.  Isn't there only one God?  God isn't a man or woman, it's non-sexual to my knowledge.  No moving parts if you will.

That was exactly my point.  Neither are.

post #45 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff-hackintosh View Post

Thank Tim. (Tim = God)

God doesn't exist.

Does that mean Apple is now CEO-less?

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

post #46 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Believe all you want.

I think that was the point. Sure was mine ^^

post #47 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Command_F View Post

And in UK I get a .co.uk (used a lot by British businesses), also .uk, .eu and .ie (but no .us). Really useful addition, I've often wanted it. :D

I remain a fan of iOS 7 except some of those feeble icons.

This has been there all along… Really surprised that the article is peddling these features as new. Admittedly implementation is better in iOS 7 now that that inconsistent ".com" key has been removed.

post #48 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frood View Post

Does iOS seven allow users to select their preferred keyboard app?  Or does Apple still lock users into using just their keyboard and 'swype' some of the more popular features from third party apps as their own?

You can choose whatever keyboard app that you can find in the App Store. ;)

JLL

95% percent of the boat is owned by Microsoft, but the 5% Apple controls happens to be the rudder!
JLL

95% percent of the boat is owned by Microsoft, but the 5% Apple controls happens to be the rudder!
post #49 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLL View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frood View Post

Does iOS seven allow users to select their preferred keyboard app?  Or does Apple still lock users into using just their keyboard and 'swype' some of the more popular features from third party apps as their own?
You can choose whatever keyboard app that you can find in the App Store. 1wink.gif

Link? 'Cuz I can't find any
Send from my iPhone. Excuse brevity and auto-corrupt.
Send from my iPhone. Excuse brevity and auto-corrupt.
post #50 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Link? 'Cuz I can't find any

It was a joke :p

JLL

JLL

post #51 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedisonn View Post

it has always been like this...

True, but .com is different.
post #52 of 52

Yeah !!!!!! Its already in older version too . Isn't it ?

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iOS 7 feature focus: Quick access to '.com,' '?' and other hidden keys