or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Supply chain visit makes analyst 'confident' about larger iPhone in 2014
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Supply chain visit makes analyst 'confident' about larger iPhone in 2014 - Page 2

post #41 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

3.5" is dead?

Isn't Apple still selling the 4s.

I meant that when the 4S is eol there won't be another 3.5" iPhone.
post #42 of 100
Does anyone who critiques larger screen iPhone ever used phablets?
I'm not hide %u2014 i'm an Apple fan, but once i've tryed Samsung Note for an hour, i realized my next iPhone will have at least 5 inch screen.
post #43 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post


I meant that when the 4S is eol there won't be another 3.5" iPhone.

 

When...

na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #44 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergey View Post

Does anyone who critiques larger screen iPhone ever used phablets?
I'm not hide %u2014 i'm an Apple fan, but once i've tryed Samsung Note for an hour, i realized my next iPhone will have at least 5 inch screen.

 

Somebody left the door open again...

na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #45 of 100
Quote:
 Somebody left the door open again...

what door?

post #46 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergey View Post

Does anyone who critiques larger screen iPhone ever used phablets?
I'm not hide %u2014 i'm an Apple fan, but once i've tryed Samsung Note for an hour, i realized my next iPhone will have at least 5 inch screen.

 

Can we PLEASE change the posting rights in this forum?

 

All new users should have their posts reviewed by a moderator(first 5 posts).  If they are deemed to be Apple bashers they should be banned.  Why is this so hard?  The other forums have these rules and it really cuts down on these spammers.

post #47 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by akqies View Post

If they do maybe they can be as clever as Samsung in that regard. /s

1) that is 1 fugly phone

2) still the guy needs both hands to show us how to operate it

3) typical Samsung style; having to option to put the smaller screen in the middle of the physical screen; still needing large hands

"round peg, meet square hole"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiliconTlaco View Post

No creo que sea necesario un iPhone más grande, actualmente tiene el tamaño perfecto para agarrarlo y usarlo con una mano además de qué cabe perfectamente en la bolsa del pantalón. He visto a otros usar sus teléfonos enormes y parece que están hablando con un ladrillo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiliconTlaco View Post

No creo que sea necesario un iPhone más grande, actualmente tiene el tamaño perfecto para agarrarlo y usarlo con una mano además de qué cabe perfectamente en la bolsa del pantalón. He visto a otros usar sus teléfonos enormes y parece que están hablando con un ladrillo!

Welcome to the American-English forum.

Is that a brick in your pocket or are you just happy to see me...  1biggrin.gif

Flat-out happy ¡
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
Reply
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
Reply
post #48 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
 

 

Can we PLEASE change the posting rights in this forum?

 

All new users should have their posts reviewed by a moderator(first 5 posts).  If they are deemed to be Apple bashers they should be banned.  Why is this so hard?  The other forums have these rules and it really cuts down on these spammers.

They've checked my address — apple haters can't use an @me.com emails

post #49 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergey View Post

what door?
It's assumed you are a fan if you post here. You don't need to tell people you're a fan. It's a common troll tactic. That and it was one of your first posts.
post #50 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
 

They've checked my address — apple haters can't use an @me.com emails

 

i still dont understand these losers who go through all the trouble to setup an account to post anti-Apple propaganda.

 

Either they are real losers living in momma's basement or they are being paid by Samdung.

post #51 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
 

 

i still dont understand these losers who go through all the trouble to setup an account to post anti-Apple propaganda.

 

Either they are real losers living in momma's basement or they are being paid by Samdung.

Man, relax. Here is no apple haters. Relax.

I just wanna bigger screen iPhone

post #52 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Can we PLEASE change the posting rights in this forum?

All new users should have their posts reviewed by a moderator(first 5 posts).  If they are deemed to be Apple bashers they should be banned.  Why is this so hard?  The other forums have these rules and it really cuts down on these spammers.

The site owners wouldn't do anything that reduces ad impressions. Trolling helps drive content on these forums. Why do you think they keep posting troll bait articles in the first place?

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #53 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
 

Man, relax. Here is no apple haters. Relax.

I just wanna bigger screen iPhone


tell me what Apple product you own and the serial number.

if you can't give me that information you are LYING

post #54 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
 


tell me what Apple product you own and the serial number.

if you can't give me that information you are LYING

 

wow! You are really crazy man

MB Air c02gpft8djyd

2 years old

i hope it helps you to feel fine :)

 

my first mac was lc II if you know it...

post #55 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
 

 

wow! You are really crazy man

MB Air c02gpft8djyd

2 years old

i hope it helps you to feel fine :)

 

my first mac was lc II if you know it...

 

Well, at least you got the 2. The LC was a dog... imo.

na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #56 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

For example- the HTC One (ignore the fact it runs crap android)- has a fantastic front build.  I think better than the iPhone because of how thin the top and bottom bezel is.  It's, obviously, larger than the iPhone- a hair too big for my taste, but something in between would be great.  Even taking the existing size of the iPhone and getting similar-sized bezels would increase the screen size immensely.

I don't think they can do that though, especially now with the touch ID on the home button. That button is there to stay and the bezels will stay symmetric. FaceTime is a major feature with iOS too and having the front-facing camera centered is better so it has to sit level with the speaker as that's where the ear sits on a call. They may get away with having the speaker on either side of the camera hole but maybe not.

If they are planning to stick to one-handed use, the biggest I'd see them going is 4.3" like the HTC One Mini:



That's pretty much the limit of one-handed use as the Blackberry Z10 demonstrated. It also wouldn't require them to increase the resolution as it should still be just above 300 ppi. If they went higher, it would probably have to double to 2272x1280.
post #57 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro64 View Post

Again Analysis idiots, they think because Apple make inquiries into suppliers to provide prototype of a display or various sizes does not mean they are going to make into a release product.

This is why all these rumor start they hear Apple is looking at some specific technology and they immediately think it must be a product. Apple has made it clear they look at lots of things before they decide on what path to take forward.

An for those individual who want a large display whether you have a need to have big things in your hands, of you have some deficiency in your body requiring the larger display you have to realize you a small majority of the users out there. Apple has show they are not going to dilute the products line chasing a smaller market segment unless if have some strategic importance to the overall product offering. Remember they are not the Me Too company, we all know who they are.

 

In reality you have no idea how well a larger iPhone around 4.8" for example would sell. What proof do you have that there isn't a massive pent-up demand by current iPhone owners for a larger screen? I have bought a 4S, 5, and now 5s and I hate the screen sizes and want a larger display. I hate Android more so I stick with the iPhone but that doesn't mean I like the display size. Not to mention possibly millions of Android users who only buy a Glaxy for the display size and would switch to an iPhone in a heartbeat if it didn't have such a tiny display. Once Apple releases a larger version and if it flops then you can crow about how you were right. My expectation is that it will far outsell a 4" version because a bigger display is better in every way that matters to using a modern smartphone where looking at the screen is far more important than using it as a phone. One handed use is also far overrated. I use my iPhone 5 in landscape mode more often than portrait mode which is better suited for 2 handed use. Many apps now only work in landscape mode which was rare a few years back. 

 

The best option for Apple is to continue making a 4" version for the people that love tiny screens and like to use it one handed and make a second model at least 4.7" or larger for the rest of us who really want a bigger display. A 4.3" model would piss off both camps and make few happy.

post #58 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post
 

You remind me of Boehner saying he doesn't have the votes to end the shut down.  In reality you have no idea how well a larger iPhone around 4.8" for example would sell. What proof do you have that there isn't a massive pent-up demand by current iPhone owners for a larger screen? I have bought a 4S, 5, and now 5s and I hate the screen sizes and want a larger display. I hate Android more so I stick with the iPhone but that doesn't mean I like the display size. Not to mention possibly millions of Android users who only buy a Glaxy for the display size and would switch to an iPhone in a heartbeat if it didn't have such a tiny display. Once Apple releases a larger version and if it flops then you can crow about how you were right. My expectation is that it will far outsell a 4" version because a bigger display is better in every way that matters to using a modern smartphone where looking at the screen is far more important than using it as a phone. One handed use is also far overrated. I use my iPhone 5 in landscape mode more often than portrait mode which is better suited for 2 handed use. Many apps now only work in landscape mode which was rare a few years back. 

 

The best option for Apple is to continue making a 4" version for the people that love tiny screens and like to use it one handed and make a second model at least 4.7" or larger for the rest of us who really want a bigger display. A 4.3" model would piss off both camps and make few happy.

 

There's irony in your post:

 

 "In reality you have no idea how well a larger iPhone around 4.8" for example would sell."

 

"A 4.3" model would piss off both camps and make few happy."

na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #59 of 100

I believe Apple will go the opposite way. Smaller instead of bigger:

 

2014

iPhone = 4" screen

iPhone mini = 3,5" screen

 

iPhone nano? / iWatch? = ?" screen

 

Before I go: To all those phablet people out there. Why would you need a bigger screen to make a phone call? Would you be happy using an iWatch in combo with your iPad mini?

post #60 of 100
I hope this is not true. It's a small change but can be a headache for developers to make two, maybe three resolution for their apps.
post #61 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post
 

 

There's irony in your post:

 

 "In reality you have no idea how well a larger iPhone around 4.8" for example would sell."

 

"A 4.3" model would piss off both camps and make few happy."

No irony. You are right I have no idea how well it would sell. It might flop and it might sell twice as many as the 4" little sister. My gut tells me it would sell better IF it were priced the same and probably lower sales if priced higher. If Apple expands the line with a 3rd model I would expect them to keep the different pricing and would add an extra $100 to the price or $299 on contract. The only way this debate will ever be settled is if it comes to pass. But as soon as it is confirmed I know my 5s will be up on Ebay pretty quick. My point is that not you, not I, not anyone can tell just how many people would or would not prefer a larger iPhone if given a choice since we have never had one. 

post #62 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Can we PLEASE change the posting rights in this forum?

All new users should have their posts reviewed by a moderator(first 5 posts).  If they are deemed to be Apple bashers they should be banned.  Why is this so hard?  The other forums have these rules and it really cuts down on these spammers.

Moderators already moderate threads, and there are some rules they abide. Guidelines are here:
http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/143315/guidelines
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
Reply
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
Reply
post #63 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post


I don't think they can do that though, especially now with the touch ID on the home button. That button is there to stay and the bezels will stay symmetric. FaceTime is a major feature with iOS too and having the front-facing camera centered is better so it has to sit level with the speaker as that's where the ear sits on a call. They may get away with having the speaker on either side of the camera hole but maybe not.

If they are planning to stick to one-handed use, the biggest I'd see them going is 4.3" like the HTC One Mini:

Ya! That's the one I was thinking of- the HTC One Mini- I love that look.  The bottom they could still do- because it has the speaker and their own black bar of "HTC"- both of those removed would approx. be the home button size.  The top bar, if they split the speakers- it could still have the camera in middle (Which- I agree- the camera should definitely be in the middle).  We'll see with the iPhone 6.  The is little doubt in my mind they will increase the size.  It's just to what size, and how they'll do it.  It'll be a thing of beauty, I'm sure.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post
 

 

There's irony in your post:

 

 "In reality you have no idea how well a larger iPhone around 4.8" for example would sell."

 

"A 4.3" model would piss off both camps and make few happy."

He does have ya there gwmac. ;)  I agree with gw completely on his post, although his assumption could easily be correct.  I know, personally, I would gladly buy a larger iPhone- 4.3-4.8" over a 4". I'd also gladly pay a $100 premium.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr O View Post
 

To all those phablet people out there. Why would you need a bigger screen to make a phone call? Would you be happy using an iWatch in combo with your iPad mini?

I don't want a phablet, but I do want a bigger screen.  I wouldn't need a bigger screen to make a phone call, just as you wouldn't need a smaller one to.  But in reality, I use my phone very little as a phone.  It is a surfing device while I wait for a meeting, or a number of other items.

For example, I like to look at the AppleInsider page in desktop mode on my phone- not mobile- because you can see the "thumbs up" and reputation added.  This allows me to scan through the pages and see comments that are typically good, or funny, without having to read all the comments.  Now- go ahead and put desktop mode on your iPhone and check out the size.  Yikes!  So I have to go to landscape mode.  Now with iOS 7, scrolling down, I occasionally bring up control center.  It's a whip.  A bigger phone would fix this- I could stay in portrait mode- and I could actually use the AI app.

 

This is one of a hundred things I could mention the benefit for.  I agree with those wanting to keep the phone 4"- I'm just saying to add an option for size because people's uses are different.  Again, every other product line they has multiple sizes.

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #64 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post
 

No irony. You are right I have no idea how well it would sell. It might flop and it might sell twice as many as the 4" little sister. My gut tells me it would sell better IF it were priced the same and probably lower sales if priced higher. If Apple expands the line with a 3rd model I would expect them to keep the different pricing and would add an extra $100 to the price or $299 on contract. The only way this debate will ever be settled is if it comes to pass. But as soon as it is confirmed I know my 5s will be up on Ebay pretty quick. My point is that not you, not I, not anyone can tell just how many people would or would not prefer a larger iPhone if given a choice since we have never had one. 

 

I remember the debates when it was rumored that Apple was going to build a 4" iPhone. A lot of people swore that the 3.5" phone was the perfect size and it was idiotic to follow the 'trends'.
 
The future is clear...  ;)
na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #65 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr O View Post
 

I believe Apple will go the opposite way. Smaller instead of bigger:

 

2014

iPhone = 4" screen

iPhone mini = 3,5" screen

 

iPhone nano? / iWatch? = ?" screen

 

Before I go: To all those phablet people out there. Why would you need a bigger screen to make a phone call? Would you be happy using an iWatch in combo with your iPad mini?

I do phone calls very seldom and i hope one day all the calls will be done through internet. So i'd prefer to have only one iDevice, for example iPad Mini. But anyway iwatch-ipad mini combo would be nice.

post #66 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scafe2 View Post

I am 47, up to six months ago I didn't want a larger screen., but now I find I may need glasses and would definitely consider a larger screen iPhone say 4.5 or 4.7"
Must be an iPhone though, I would never consider samsung or android!!

When the browsing the net the ideal size is the iPad and even the mini is not good enough as the eye sight gets worse. Most of the web pages are based on I believe the monitor of the desktop, hence the small size of the fonts.

I know I own an iPad mini.

A larger iPhone will not help when browsing the web but a pair of glasses will do wonders.
post #67 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamC View Post


When the browsing the net the ideal size is the iPad and even the mini is not good enough as the eye sight gets worse. Most of the web pages are based on I believe the monitor of the desktop, hence the small size of the fonts.

I know I own an iPad mini.

A larger iPhone will not help when browsing the web but a pair of glasses will do wonders.


agree.  Even a 6 inch for is too small for browsing.  Why not just get an iPhone+iPadMini? 

post #68 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
 


agree.  Even a 6 inch for is too small for browsing.  Why not just get an iPhone+iPadMini? 

Anyone with an iPhone and an iPad tends to use the iPad at home far more than the iPhone for that exact reason. But hauling around an iPad Mini with me outside of the home is not a viable option. It is too big and not pocketable like a 4.8" iPhone would be. 

 

I have viewed and handled enough phones like the HTC DNA, HTC one, Galaxy S4 and my own Evo before I got my first iPhone to know that I prefer a larger display and it would better suit my usage. Why is so hard to understand why people want a larger iPhone? I acknowledge and accept the reasons why people prefer the 4" version due to their usage patterns so why can't we get the same respect?

post #69 of 100

Speaking purely from a business perspective, I believe Apple would be absolutely crazy not to have a 4.5" to 5.0" iPhone and additionally to have a 5.0" to 6.0" phablet as well in their next lineup.

 

Before the screaming starts, let me give my reasoning ;)

 

Apple only competes in the premium market for smartphones (>$500 unsubsidized).  100% of that market today, that Apple doesn't own, use screen sizes >= 4.5 inches.   To take back any of that market, those users today would have to 'down-size' their screens.  This isn't desirable and makes it harder for Apple to gain back those customers. 

 

Most (likely all) smart phone companies today (including Apple) have a general strategy of smaller screens being associated with lower end models and larger screens with higher end models (and yes I'm aware of a few device specific exceptions, but there is a high correlation between price and screen size).  This makes it more difficult for Apple to claim their phones are premium when compared to larger competitive phones, and frankly only Apple could even begin to pull this off.  This isn't working as well in Asia as it does in other markets, and Apple needs all the help it can get in Asia.  The Chinese market is 3 times larger than the US market and if Apple wants to outperform, they need to build devices that work in that market.  Entering Chinese script on a Note using a pen is much easier than using your finger on an iPhone 5.

 

Generally speaking, screen sizes are increasing and Apple is the big outlier, Apple needs to move with the rest of the industry.   The following is a quote from NPD Displaysearch in June of this year:

 

While just a few years ago the 3.5” iPhone 4 was the leading display size, displays larger than 4.1” account for nearly half of all smartphone displays shipped this year.

”Screen sizes are growing, and resolution is increasing, driving growth in the smartphone display market,” said Hiroshi Hayase, Vice President of Small/Medium Displays at NPD DisplaySearch. “We can expect still more expansion of displays over 5” in the coming quarters


Edited by JamesMac - 10/10/13 at 11:00am
post #70 of 100
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

... indicated that Apple is on track to release a new iPhone with a larger screen next year ...

 

And Apple is sending pretty strong hints to developers that they should use Auto Layout in all their iOS apps.  Not such a big deal now, because the iPhone 4 / 4S are gradually becoming a smaller fraction of the iOS device mix.  But if Apple does release a bigger-screen iPhone next year, and especially if it has a new pixel geometry, the Auto Layout feature could save a lot of time for all iOS developers.

 

Another thing about iOS 7: eliminating button graphics and such in Apple's built-in apps clearly indicates to developers that their apps should no longer use background images on buttons etc.  And the lack of background images in UI objects like buttons means fewer graphics will need to be updated if and when Apple adds another pixel geometry to the iPhone line.  That plus Auto Layout would make it vastly simpler to code apps for different screen sizes.

 

So what would be a logical next step in iPhone screen size and geometry?  I'd guess that Apple will stick with the 16:9 aspect ratio, and a logical step up from 1136x640 would be 1920x1080.  Same as the current Apple TV, and that's not a coincidence.  AirPlay mirroring of games would work perfectly, since the TV and iPhone screens would have the same geometries.  And of course the increased pixel count would allow Apple to claim "Retina" resolution even if the screen were stretched to 4.5 inches or something around that size.  And, if it's possible to eliminate the bezel on the long sides of the display panel, it may be possible to stretch the screen to about 4.5 or 4.7 inches without increasing the iPhone's footprint.  But only if the screen's visible area is flush with the metal enclosure.

 

So why next year?  Because in all likelihood the iPhone 4S will be dropped from the iOS 8 supported-hardware list next year.  Introducing a new iPhone with something like a 1920x1080 screen would add a 2nd screen geometry instead of a 3rd to the mix.  Doing so this year would have forced developers to support 3 different screen geometries at once.

 

Just a thought.


Edited by SockRolid - 10/10/13 at 11:28am

Sent from my iPhone Simulator

Reply

Sent from my iPhone Simulator

Reply
post #71 of 100
Analyst=carnival fortune teller. Just not as accurate. And definitely not as entertaining.
post #72 of 100

Really?

 

Does anybody believe this?

 

Any supplier who is actually doing work for Apple who gives "inside" info to anybody is dead in the water. Real suppliers sign countless NDAs and know the consequences of leaking info. Death to any current and all future business.

 

The analysts know this, and most of us know this as well.

 

I'm tired of this rumour, and the iWatch one as well.

 

The only news here that's worth noting is that the analysts are once again, knowing full well the nature of the business, lying to their clients.

 

More free ink and link-bait for nothing.

 

AI - why do you even bother? You could show a little leadership here by not publishing this tripe - leave it to other sites, it tarnishes your otherwise brilliant site. I always come here first as you are almost always the first out of the gate with real breaking news. You don't need these non-news items, why bother?

 

Seriously.

 

dmz


Edited by thx1138 - 10/10/13 at 3:50pm
post #73 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

No irony. You are right I have no idea how well it would sell.

The iPhone is already selling in large quantities so your contention should be that it'll sell better.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #74 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post
 

Anyone with an iPhone and an iPad tends to use the iPad at home far more than the iPhone for that exact reason. But hauling around an iPad Mini with me outside of the home is not a viable option. It is too big and not pocketable like a 4.8" iPhone would be. 

 

I have viewed and handled enough phones like the HTC DNA, HTC one, Galaxy S4 and my own Evo before I got my first iPhone to know that I prefer a larger display and it would better suit my usage. Why is so hard to understand why people want a larger iPhone? I acknowledge and accept the reasons why people prefer the 4" version due to their usage patterns so why can't we get the same respect?

 

Because seeing someone make a call with a 6 inch phone makes them look like a clown.

mediapad_vogue_in_use.jpg

Those phones can't even fit in people's pockets.  Phablet's are compromise products.  I can see their use for people who can't afford both a phone and a tablet.  That's why they are so popular in China but not in USA/Japan/UK.

Why not just carry a bag with you and put the iPad in the bag?

post #75 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


The iPhone is already selling in large quantities so your contention should be that it'll sell better.

That is my contention and I stand by it. I firmly believe it would draw in a lot of Android buyers who refuse to by an iPhone due to the screen size. People like me with an iPhone already who are unhappy with the screen size would also be far more likely to stick with the platform. The 5s will absolutely be my last phone with a 4" display. My next one will have a minimum of 4.5" or larger and 5" would be just about perfect for me. 

post #76 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
 

 

Because seeing someone make a call with a 6 inch phone makes them look like a clown.

mediapad_vogue_in_use.jpg

Those phones can't even fit in people's pockets.  Phablet's are compromise products.  I can see their use for people who can't afford both a phone and a tablet.  That's why they are so popular in China but not in USA/Japan/UK.

Why not just carry a bag with you and put the iPad in the bag?

 

Yeah, gwmac, what's wrong with you? Asking for a 6" phone. Sheesh!

 

Oh... wait...

na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #77 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
 

 

Because seeing someone make a call with a 6 inch phone makes them look like a clown.

mediapad_vogue_in_use.jpg

Those phones can't even fit in people's pockets.  Phablet's are compromise products.  I can see their use for people who can't afford both a phone and a tablet.  That's why they are so popular in China but not in USA/Japan/UK.

Why not just carry a bag with you and put the iPad in the bag?

Ever heard of bluetooth? How about speaker phone? Hell, most people I know rarely even use their phones for voice calls anymore. I spend a hell of a lot more time looking at my display than I do holding it up to my ear. 

post #78 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

There's irony in your post:

 "In reality you have no idea how well a larger iPhone around 4.8" for example would sell."

"A 4.3" model would piss off both camps and make few happy."

The irony is that he thinks he speaks for everyone.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #79 of 100

The new Sony Z1 Ultra is huge, I thought the Samsung Note was big but that Sony, holy moly.

 

When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #80 of 100
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
The new Sony Z1 Ultra is huge, I thought the Samsung Note was big but that Sony, holy moly.

 

Gotta love all the conditionals they have to tack on to be able to market ANY of its features. :lol:

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Supply chain visit makes analyst 'confident' about larger iPhone in 2014
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Supply chain visit makes analyst 'confident' about larger iPhone in 2014