or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple's iPhone 5c orders lower than expected, insider says
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple's iPhone 5c orders lower than expected, insider says - Page 5

post #161 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post


You joke but everyone on these forums is an "expert" on everything. That's how the forums work. Otherwise there would be no discussion.

 

I disagree.

Hmmmmmm...
Reply
Hmmmmmm...
Reply
post #162 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Oh... it can always be worse. I'm not sure if I want that tag attached to an Apple product, though. 
Well I don't think the 5C colors are bad. Don't need them to just be copycats of Lumia or HTC Windows phones.
post #163 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post


Well I don't think the 5C colors are bad. Don't need them to just be copycats of Lumia or HTC Windows phones.

 

Apple could have added stripes and polka dots.

 

I'm sad to see that Apple didn't include brown.

 

[ remember blue dalmatian and flower power. ]

Hmmmmmm...
Reply
Hmmmmmm...
Reply
post #164 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post
 

I disagree.

 

Because you're an "expert" on psychology. And so am I. ;)

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #165 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post
 

 

Because you're an "expert" on psychology. And so am I. ;)

 

No. I'm an expert on forumology.   :p
Hmmmmmm...
Reply
Hmmmmmm...
Reply
post #166 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by thompr View Post

Sure, but carriers often break down activations by model.

They do? Please provide a link.
post #167 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post
 

 

Apple could have added stripes and polka dots.

 

I'm sad to see that Apple didn't include brown.

 

[ remember blue dalmatian and flower power. ]

Oh, but they did! Seriously, what's up with the fugly cases for the 5C?

post #168 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post


Except the yellow one was reportedly the first to sell out on the Apple online store.

Who would want one? Enough people to make it the #2 phone for September at most US carriers.

Please note I didn't include yellow in my little rant. I'm not saying adding colours is bad. It's just I personally find the nuances they've chosen are offputting. Same for 5S, actually, so I'll settle for the least ugly one which I find to be the space grey one. 

post #169 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by thompr View Post
 

The color selling out the most so far has been yellow (not white) although we don't know how many of each were made.

 

Different strokes, right?  There are a lot of folks out there that are different from each of us.  Beware extrapolating your own preferences.

Oh yes, and I didn't include the yellow in my rant since it's a decent nuance (in comparison). Of course these are my personal preferences. I tend to try to weigh them carefully. In this case though, I truly believe a significant number of buyers find the chosen colours hard to like. It's almost like Apple avoided more natural, fuller colours to stand out from the competing offers. To their detriment.

post #170 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Side-note: While she was there she saw a Samsung Mega and remarked how stupid big it was and must be for a man. The salesperson came back with "No, you'd be surprised. We sell them mostly to girls. They really like it."

 

There are gobs of those phones riding the transit system every day, and the vast majority of them are carried by tiny little Asian women. It seems like the smaller the woman, the bigger the phone!

 

I've quit trying to persuade anyone here that the common objections to a larger screen are nonsense, but this should make it painfully obvious that a big phone CAN be used by people with VERY small hands.

post #171 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Then the iPhone 5C - which you consider a 'bad' material, even though most people think it's a quality material.

 

The material he referred to as bad is that from which the Samsung is made, not the 5c.

post #172 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by v5v View Post

There are gobs of those phones riding the transit system every day, and the vast majority of them are carried by tiny little Asian women. It seems like the smaller the woman, the bigger the phone!
Who needs an expensive tablet AND a phone?

I don't know why people object to the larger phones. If I carried a purse everywhere I went, I would want the biggest phone practical I could get. Heck I might even carry around an iPad mini if I could access phone functionality, because then I could carry around a Bluetooth headset in my purse as well to use with it. I mean, the Galaxy note, et al, are not so big as to be unwieldy holding it up to the side of ones head. Is everybody forgetting the ATT Princess phones of the 60s? Even a standard telephone receiver pre-80s was overall bigger than the iPhone.

There are times when I'm out, carrying my phone in my jeans pocket, that I wish I had a bigger screen for surfing the web. I actually won't do a simple Google search to satisfy my curiosity about something because its so much trouble to manipulate tiny phone screens. So it becomes more of a convenience to access the Internet when I absolutely need to. And I carry a 4S, but that doesn't stop me from wanting an even smaller screen to carry around in my jeans pocket. Unfortunately the days of the 3.5" screen appear to be numbered, and it's not likely Apple will go smaller again, at least in a primary device.

But if there's a market for larger phones, there's absolutely no reason why Apple shouldn't make one. It's no more ridiculous than making different sized iPads. One size definitely does not fit all, and it's foolish to think otherwise.
post #173 of 181
Well if the iPhone 5c is failing then I guess it means the Galaxy S4 is now failing less than 6 months after it was released because the iPhone 5c is second or third amongst all major US carriers (depending on which carrier) with the iPhone 5s being the top smartphone on all major carriers. And we all know after a year out that both the 5s and 5c will individually outsell the S4. Samsung knows this which is why Samsung always lists units shipped instead of units sold while Apple only mentions units sold. And why Samsung doesn't release their new flagship smartphone at the same same time Apple releases a new iPhone. Because they know if they did that that phone would be dead on arrival.
post #174 of 181

What's up is that you're not the target market. The target is specifically millennial (aka youth) who are eating this up. For everyone else, there's the flagship 5s.

post #175 of 181

.............5C - for kids or low tech people. With promotions this will sell big time during the holidays.................

 

You are exactly wright .I bought Apple 5C yesterday with 2 y.contract from T-mobil USA include 2.5 GB data /witch I didn't have on my previous plan./

For the next 2 years I will pay just $ 10 above my previous plan the  total of $124 for 3 lines.I am in the second group /low tech people/ and I got this beautiful toy and relay,relay  enjoy it. Thank you Apple!

Ivan

post #176 of 181

Although Steve Jobs had indicated that he would not have had colored iPhones, the real question is:  Does the existence of colored iPhones actually increase Apples profits and/or total market share?

 

Unlike iOS7, which is not a step forward, the question on the 5C is simple...it is either a good business decision or not a good one.  Before criticizing the move too quickly we will have to see what the international markets think of the 5c.  Who knows...there may be a demand.

SkyKing
Reply
SkyKing
Reply
post #177 of 181

And not having used the 5c, I assume it runs iOS7 just like the real iPhone.  So what does hi tech or low tech have to do with it anyway.  If it works like the 5s it has all the same advantages and disadvantages.  Hardly needs a low tech purchaser to appreciate it.

SkyKing
Reply
SkyKing
Reply
post #178 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky King View Post
 

Although Steve Jobs had indicated that he would not have had colored iPhones, the real question is:  Does the existence of colored iPhones actually increase Apples profits and/or total market share?

 

Unlike iOS7, which is not a step forward, the question on the 5C is simple...it is either a good business decision or not a good one.  Before criticizing the move too quickly we will have to see what the international markets think of the 5c.  Who knows...there may be a demand.

 

I think we'd have to wait an entire year to see how it stacks up against 4s sales.

 

If Apple continues to advertise it at the pace we've seen lately then I'd expect sales to be almost double.

 

... but, then again, Apple doesn't break down sales by model.

Hmmmmmm...
Reply
Hmmmmmm...
Reply
post #179 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky King View Post

Although Steve Jobs had indicated that he would not have had colored iPhones, the real question is:  Does the existence of colored iPhones actually increase Apples profits and/or total market share?

Unlike iOS7, which is not a step forward, the question on the 5C is simple...

According to who? It's almost as big a step as OS X 10.0 was to OS 9.
post #180 of 181
Originally Posted by Sky King View Post

Unlike iOS7, which is not a step forward…

 

And… argument ignored.

post #181 of 181

Agreed.  iOS7 is a significant step.  Simply a step in the wrong direction.  But since you think very differently than I, and probably use your devices very differently, I can understand your enthusiasm for the changes.

SkyKing
Reply
SkyKing
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple's iPhone 5c orders lower than expected, insider says