or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple hires Burberry CEO Angela Ahrendts to lead retail efforts

Apple hires Burberry CEO Angela Ahrendts to lead retail efforts - Page 3

post #81 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Yes, she did seem uncomfortable and a bit over rehearsed. Her attempt at humor (something about laughing when she sees a picture of her dad) was confused and fell flat.

That said, her material was well organized and clearly presented. I can identify being around someone who just exudes energy... It's tangible. A few times in my life, I have experienced being "on" for a short while -- giving a talk or a preso -- when you're nailing it -- and you know you're nailing it. There is no way to describe the energy of that feeling.

I was particularly intrigued when she relegated "technology" to the "connection" (the not-so-dumb pipe, if you will) as part of interaction... The important part of interaction is the content -- and the content is you!

This tells me that she understands the role of tech in our lives -- and can help counteract tech's improper use -- one of the saddest videos I've seen:

Public speaking can be an acquired skill. I am sure she has the ability, and is up to the challenge!

An important part of many Apple events is the presentation of news about Apple retail and online stores. I suspect we will be seeing quite a lot of Angela Ahrendts!

Brilliantly made video and very funny. I was at a Bryan Adams concert recently and could hardly see as a moron in the row in front held up a large Scamsung with its screen brightness on maximum the entire concert. Yes, many take it too far but that isn't the fault of the technology.

I have to say I recall taking my wife's little sister out on a car trip to see the country side around where we had moved to (she was visiting). She was about 13 at the time. She spent the whole trip with her nose glued in a book, a book on learning Italian I recall. I was furious because she simply would not look out of the window at the scenery, castles and villages we passed by. She later moved to Italy and has a fabulous life and can speak the language. I now wonder whose priorities were correct. 1hmm.gif
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
"Google doesn't sell you anything, they just sell you!"
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
"Google doesn't sell you anything, they just sell you!"
post #82 of 82
Talk about a polar opposite to Browett. No louder way of admitting their previous strategy was wrong.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple hires Burberry CEO Angela Ahrendts to lead retail efforts