or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple announces Oct. 22 iPad event: 'We still have a lot to cover'

Apple announces Oct. 22 iPad event: 'We still have a lot to cover' - Page 3

post #81 of 115
The big deal here is that Apple Insider finally has an invitation to an Apple event.. Hat tip to all of the journalists that write these articles. Glad to see you will FINALLY be attending.
post #82 of 115

Oh My!

just looking for hidden visual clues

post #83 of 115
Originally Posted by bobborries View Post

This edit PROVES it’s photoshopped. FAKE!

Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Last years event was 'we've got a little more to show you': That was for the iPad mini. This event could have a larger iPad but it doesn't seem very likely to me.

So since this year is “We have a lot to cover”, that must mean the iPad much is imminent!

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
post #84 of 115
I think the shape you keep referring to as a stem is a leaf.
post #85 of 115
"A lot" gives me hope that we'll see Mac Pro and Macbook Pro announcements in addition to iPad and OS X Mavericks.
post #86 of 115

Covers for Color iPad Mini 2? Damn, retina iPad Mini 2 with color poly-carbon back like iPhone 5c would be nice. There's no need for metal chassis for iPad mini imo.

Congratulation to Samsung Galaxy S5 for winning CNET's Best Android Phone of the Year 2014

"From the owner of iPhone 6+, Best Smart Phone of the Year 2014"

Congratulation to Samsung Galaxy S5 for winning CNET's Best Android Phone of the Year 2014

"From the owner of iPhone 6+, Best Smart Phone of the Year 2014"

post #87 of 115

I'm guessing "we still have a lot to cover" has multiple meanings.  One of those meanings could be announcing coverage of China Mobile's 750 million customers.  That's my longshot prediction.

post #88 of 115
A screen is a cover for a door. Maybe Apple is introducing new video screens.
post #89 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by quinney View Post

We still have a lot to cover

I just puked... on my puke.

post #90 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobborries View Post

Oh My!

just looking for hidden visual clues

Get that logo some toilet paper!

post #91 of 115

AI - Just out of curiosity, wondering why you have that "Appleinsider" watermark laid over the Apple announcement?  Checking other sites, none of them seem to have done that.  I can't conceive of why you would do that, but then what do I know?

post #92 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOROM View Post

"A lot to cover"????

Maybe I am out of my mind, or obsessed with this issue, but that sounds a lot like wearables to me. What other reason could they have to use the word cover?

iShoe - half price when purchased in pairs, Bluetooth enabled when paired, shape-shifting sound-activated programmable LED animated colored lights, synchronized vibration alerts, motorized remote controlled retractable rollerblades, motion activated electric power generation and battery, interior temperature controller with air conditioner and heater, electromagnetic breaking for traction on metallic surfaces, iToe input controller
post #93 of 115
Quote:

"A lot to cover"????

Maybe I am out of my mind, or obsessed with this issue, but that sounds a lot like wearables to me. What other reason could they have to use the word cover?

iShoe - half price when purchased in pairs, Bluetooth enabled when paired, shape-shifting sound-activated programmable LED animated colored lights, synchronized vibration alerts, motorized remote controlled retractable rollerblades, motion activated electric power generation and battery, interior temperature controller with air conditioner and heater, electromagnetic breaking for traction on metallic surfaces, iToe input controller
post #94 of 115
'We still have a lot to cover'

Campus 2 site update? 1biggrin.gif

New format Mac, in form of a coat. (No longer tied to a desk or lap. Just don't get it wet) lol.gif

Seriously though, bet it's for all that will be released before Christmas, but not yet shown.
post #95 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienzed View Post

Thicker iPads, great...

Yeah. How'd that work out for Apple? Oh right. The thicker iPad 3, 4 OWNED.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #96 of 115

Doesn’t the author recognize the difference between a leaf and a stem? It is no big deal but, it is pretty obvious that those are not stems and a bit sloppy of them to not know it’s an apple tree leaf. But whatever, I guess next they’ll be saying Apple invented the GUI…

post #97 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpsro View Post

Quote:

"A lot to cover"????

Maybe I am out of my mind, or obsessed with this issue, but that sounds a lot like wearables to me.
In that case, Phil Schiller has the most to cover.1tongue.gif  

"a lot to cover, my ass".
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich 
New iWork software? New GarageBand? New Logic for iPad? New games?

There is quite a lot. They have Mavericks, the new Mac Pro was done already but there is a possibility for new Thunderbolt displays, possibly new Macbook Pros, new iPads, the iOS game controllers. If it's anything like last year, they packed it all into the one event, which is great. It makes a change from the old events where they would just have 1 or 2 things and sometimes nothing you could even buy.
post #98 of 115
I am thinking Apple will unveil a major push for iBeacons coverage in airports, train and bus stations, malls, hotels, grocery stores, sports arenas and more.
post #99 of 115

They've announced a satellite event in London, King's Place, which is just down the street from me.  Does anyone know what happens at the satellite events?  It is just a big screen with a feed from California, or something else?

censored

censored

post #100 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestone View Post

AI - Just out of curiosity, wondering why you have that "Appleinsider" watermark laid over the Apple announcement?  Checking other sites, none of them seem to have done that.  I can't conceive of why you would do that, but then what do I know?

Probably because of hotlinking.

post #101 of 115

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but do we know yet if it will be streamed?

post #102 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeu26 View Post

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but do we know yet if it will be streamed?

The revolution will not be televised, but it might be streamed.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #103 of 115

Possibly an iLife update shown alongside Mavericks?

Macbook Pro Retina

iPad

iPad mini

Mavericks

iLife

Mac Pro in November sometime.

post #104 of 115
In November Apple is going to send out an invite that says: "but there's one more thing".

Boom
post #105 of 115
Originally Posted by racingbull View Post
In November Apple is going to send out an invite that says: "but there's one more thing".

Why would there be an event for the Mac Pro when it already had one?

post #106 of 115
It would be perfect for a new product announcement (at least in my small world, but then, what do I know?).

Unexpected and imagine how the press and analysts would rave? 1smile.gif)
post #107 of 115
A lot to cover.....? hmm a TV screen would take a lot to cover.
post #108 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frood View Post

hmmmm.....

'a lot to cover'

They wouldn't focus their title on just their new covers, but 'a lot' to cover?  A new bigger screen iPad?  or a big screen phone announcement?  That would be 'a lot'?

Please be right!!!

post #109 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterAlt View Post

You missed the most important - iToe Cam!!!

post #110 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by noivad View Post

Doesn’t the author recognize the difference between a leaf and a stem? It is no big deal but, it is pretty obvious that those are not stems and a bit sloppy of them to not know it’s an apple tree leaf. But whatever, I guess next they’ll be saying Apple invented the GUI…

Yeah thought the same... clearly a leaf

post #111 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotScott View Post

I just puked... on my puke.

They certainly have the iOS 7 colour scheme nailed!!

post #112 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotScott View Post

Get that logo some toilet paper!

Genius!

post #113 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienzed View Post

Thicker iPads, great...

Thicker customers, for sure. Slimmer wallets, certainly.

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

post #114 of 115
Will Apple final make the iPad Mini Retina with this year's technology inside if Previous history is any indication - no!

Apple is reportly do this to prevent the Mini from taking market share away from the iPad 5; so Apple's strategy is to cripple any Mini to make sure it does not compete well with the full size iPad. Sound like a disservice to the consumer. They could increase the price of the new iPad Mini Retina so each has the same profit margin. Let see if Apple is smart enough to find an opening like this and release a state of the art iPad Mini Retina in 2013!
post #115 of 115

I tried MS keyboard covers and they didn't impress me. For a start, they require the Surface to be put on a .. wait for it .. surface. So you get a laptop you can't use on your lap. Then, typing on them wasn't great, Finally, they detached too easily from the main unit, with an unreliable connection. These were heavily used demo units in a general consumer electronics store but not that long after launch, so I expected better.

The invitation's use of the word "cover" obviously hints at something in this direction, but I would be surprised if exactly matches a failed MS offering would be the main announcement.

Philip Machanick creator of Opinionations and Green Grahamstown
Department of Computer Science, Rhodes University, South Africa

Philip Machanick creator of Opinionations and Green Grahamstown
Department of Computer Science, Rhodes University, South Africa

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Apple announces Oct. 22 iPad event: 'We still have a lot to cover'
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple announces Oct. 22 iPad event: 'We still have a lot to cover'