or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple begins airing TV spot for gold iPhone 5s

Apple begins airing TV spot for gold iPhone 5s - Page 2

post #41 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

One would hope that Apple does know about marketing. It seems that they do... at least I think so.

Although, being a big company with lots of dollars available for advertising doesn't always translate into a successful marketing campaign.

It's not always a given.

ie. the lemmings ad was not received well and it was shown only 1 year after the iconic 1984 ad.

Agree  (except that I am baffled that you would only *think* Apple knows marketing) - knowing marketing ≠ every ad will be a big hit.

post #42 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by StruckPaper View Post

Agree  (except that I am baffled that you would only *think* Apple knows marketing) - knowing marketing ≠ every ad will be a big hit.

I think you read too much into that statement.  1tongue.gif 

Ads are the foundation of a marketing campaign. If you blow your main ad it can put your entire marketing campaign in jeopardy.

a successful ad or two ≠ knowledge in marketing (and, no, I am not talking about Apple... this is a general statement)

Edited by island hermit - 10/20/13 at 7:39pm
na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #43 of 62
Quote:

This is a feeble attempt at a last word. Do you not have the humility to admit you're wrong?

Right back at you.

Now do you realize how silly you sound?

You seriously think Apple marketing makes no mistakes and is perfect in every possible way? You are delusional.

Move along Fanboi.

post #44 of 62
Quote:

And what about the colossal flops?

post #45 of 62

I like most everything about the new commercial, except the too-powerful bass drum at the end.

post #46 of 62

Liquidmetal.com* FTW

*An exclusive licensor to Apple, Inc.

post #47 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by patpatpat View Post

Damn, you're right. The flops make YOU more knowledgeable about marketing. 

post #48 of 62
Quote:

Thank you. What took you so long.
post #49 of 62
Quote:

Even dumber reply. You can walk into any BMW dealer and drive out in a new BMW, you can walk into any mobile store and walk out with an S4. Not so with gold 5s.

Likely this is a strategic move as Apple are shifting production volume to the s models away from the c models.

No your comment is dumb.  Companies advertise products even BEFORE they come out.  To build up hype and demand.  Just admit that your intial comment was stupid.

post #50 of 62
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Companies advertise products even BEFORE they come out.

Well, not Apple, but your statement stands.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.

post #51 of 62
Quote:

Most profitable consumer company in the world

Most valuable public company in the world

Rated as the #1 company for name value

Most innovative company of the decade

Sorry I'll give Apple the benefit of the doubt.  They seem to know what they are doing.

post #52 of 62
Quote:

Quote:

No your comment is dumb.  Companies advertise products even BEFORE they come out.  To build up hype and demand.  Just admit that your intial comment was stupid.

Why do you guys bother with him? He doesn't care that what he says is stupid. He just craves getting any attention. While he types away, he's pat, pat, patting his you know what in his mom's basement.

post #53 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

not sure if your being sarcastic - but original iPhone was advertised before you could buy one

post #54 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

So basically its click bait so all the Fandroids and haters can show up and accuse Apple of copying and Apple fans of being hypocritical for not pointing it out. 1rolleyes.gif

No but your paranoia amuses us.

I will NEVER pay $679 for an 8GB plastic cell phone
I will NEVER pay $679 for an 8GB plastic cell phone
post #55 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Mac Pro.

Edited by NasserAE - 10/20/13 at 10:28pm
post #56 of 62
Quote:

Even dumber reply. You can walk into any BMW dealer and drive out in a new BMW, you can walk into any mobile store and walk out with an S4. Not so with gold 5s.

Edit. Never mind. It is easier to just throw you into the Ignore list.
post #57 of 62
Great ads, but why do they show it now when there is no stock available on stores?
As we say in Spain, they are coming across as microwaves: they warm up but they don't cook!
post #58 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Getz View Post

The things people get outraged over these days are just ridiculous. I'm so sick of people screaming "copy!" every time someone does something. 1rolleyes.gif 

:P 

Goldfrappe in the Motorola ad sounds strangely familiar:-

There is nothing new under the sun, or in this case the spirit in the sky.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
post #59 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotacee View Post

Great ads, but why do they show it now when there is no stock available on stores?
As we say in Spain, they are coming across as microwaves: they warm up but they don't cook!

Cute metaphor. Inaccurate but cute. :)

post #60 of 62
Originally Posted by Right_said_fred View Post
not sure if your being sarcastic - but original iPhone was advertised before you could buy one

It was also ANNOUNCED before you could buy one. Did you see advertisements for the iPhone 3G before launch? No. Any Mac not announced early? No. Apple doesn’t do that.

post #61 of 62
Quote:

OK, clever clogs, then why was there no 5s ad released at launch date. Apple released the 5 ad the same day it went on on sale.
You think apple doesn't have enough money/resources to release both a 5c and a 5s ad at the same time?
No 5s ad because
* apple wanted to push high supply 5c
* 5s supply was low enough that demand exceeded it, so no need to advertise.

Now apple is shifting production away from c towards s, supply will increase, time to advertise.

Can I make it any simpler for you?
post #62 of 62
Quote:

Right, and you response wasn't?
3 series is BMWs best selling model. S4 is samsungs best selling model. By your logic then the 5c is apples best seller?

Hmmmm....
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple begins airing TV spot for gold iPhone 5s