or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Original iPad becoming unstable

Original iPad becoming unstable

post #1 of 4
In the past year my iPad has begun to close Internet sites--especially when using links--stop the loading of comments (especially on Discus)--and boot me out of Netflix, rather than returning to the menu. Since this has developed over a short period of time, I assume that some OS update has created this havoc. Any ideas or fixes?
post #2 of 4
Oh, yeah, since I am the typical non-tech savvy Apple oldster, can you move your lips slowly when responding? Thank you.
post #3 of 4

Easiest thing to do would be a clean reinstall of the OS. Just restore to a copy of 5.1.3 (that’s the latest, right? I have one of the darn things, used daily, and I can’t remember) and then sync all your stuff back over manually in iTunes (instead of “restore from backup).

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
post #4 of 4
Thank you for the help. My laptop is down in Mexico, so I will not be able to try this until next month when I am able to go home for my winter stay.

Again, t/y.

Mark
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Software
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Original iPad becoming unstable