or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › T-Mobile CEO tweets about loving his Samsung Note 3, from his iPhone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

T-Mobile CEO tweets about loving his Samsung Note 3, from his iPhone - Page 2

post #41 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottWilson View Post
 

What was he supposed to do? Take a picture of the Note 3, then email the picture to himself so he could then use the Note 3 to make the tweet? Are you beginning to understand how ridiculous you sound?

 

It’s pretty clear a cleaner team from PR helped him take the photo of the refrigerator-toaster as part of its refrigerator-toaster damage control program.

post #42 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottWilson View Post

You ever work fast food? I did. I worked at McDonalds when I was 14. After about a month I never wanted to see McDonalds again. To this day I get pissy when someone in my group of friends actually wants to eat there. 

So the CEO must hate his job because as a teen you hated doing one of the worst jobs in America?

Ok, let's pretend that makes sense: why then does he keep so many smartphones lying around that he can't even bother to remember which one he is using as you claim? Why is he bothering to tweet about them at all?
post #43 of 117
Never gets old.
post #44 of 117
Everyone on here who writes "non-story" is begging for a little attention themselves. Stay off and we can finish reading the rest of the posts more quickly. "Non-Story?" How boring (not pathetic).
post #45 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrections View Post
 

 

The point of a "phablet" is that it delivers the value of a phone and a tablet together. 

 

If you sell a refrigerator-toaster, and yet you actually make your toast with a dedicated toaster, it indicates that your refrigerator-toaster isn't a suitable replacement for a standard sized toaster.

 

I’m sorry I have to explain basic logic to you.

 

What are you on about?

 

DED's conclusion is based on nothing but he own crazy need to breath Apple flavoured air. To me there a 2 possible reasons he has 2 phones with him (5s and a phablet):

 

1. He likes the iPhone but finds its screen too small for some tasks.

2. He's the CEO of a carrier and likes to be seen by his customers and his clients testing various competing products.

 

I'm going with the latter, though I do know at least 1 prominent Apple blogger who wants a larger screened iPhone choice.

 

Now quit yammering on about this refrigerator-toaster product no one wants. The one you somehow think I want because of your paranoia. Yes, the one Tim Cook invented for his oft-used analogy.


Edited by Ireland - 10/21/13 at 5:34pm
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #46 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

What are you on about?

DED's conclusion is based on nothing but he own crazy need to breath Apple flavoured air. To me there a 2 possible reasons he has 2 phones with him (5s and a phablet):

1. He likes the iPhone but finds its screen too small for some tasks.
2. He's the CEO of a carrier and likes to be seen by his customers and his clients testing various competing products.

I'm going with the latter, though I do know at least 1 prominent Apple blogger who wants a larger screened iPhone choice.

akqies wants to know why you are telling him what his own conclusions are and referring to the person you're responding to in the 3rd person?
Edited by akqies - 10/21/13 at 6:19pm
post #47 of 117

It just goes to show you that you don't need to be smart to be 'successful'.

post #48 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by akqies View Post


akqies wants to know why are telling him what his own conclusions are and referring to the person you're responding to in the 3rd person?

 

You just referred to yourself in the third person. You may need some fresh air, dude. And welcome to the forum. Learn to relax.

Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #49 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookieman2013 View Post
 

I cant believe you are here now, the biggest apple critic in the world, pretending you have every tech gadget in the world so you can argue any direction, you complain about IOS7, but now your getting the much maligned (by you)  5s, give me a break

I'm just waiting for them to work out the bluescreen bug, and to see if they fix the bug in the sensors if they can, and it isn't defective hardware. I'm assuming Apple will fix both pretty quickly. 

post #50 of 117
That's pretty bad when the C-level people of a corporation don't even use the products their company makes, but instead uses their competition's product instead.

Maybe the Samsung sheep will take notice.
post #51 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDavies View Post

Is the note3 more a competitor to the iPad mini?

In what way?

post #52 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottWilson View Post
 

 WHY?!?! Do you have any idea how little our silly phone wars matter to the CEO of a phone company? He wouldn't even think about picking up whatever was laying around to tweet it. Heck, he probably picked up iPhone 5S number 4 because he wanted to take the picture and tweet from the same device, and he was actually taking a pic of the Note 3. What was he supposed to do? Take a picture of the Note 3, then email the picture to himself so he could then use the Note 3 to make the tweet? Are you beginning to understand how ridiculous you sound?

He's a CEO. Like you said he could have 3 Samsung devices in front of him if he wanted. (that was your last argument...wasn't it?) So why not use a Samsung device for all those things? I wonder how much a device that holds all of your contacts, meetings, schedule really matters to a CEO (sarcasm)? I wonder why if I was a busy person & could find one device that handled my schedule & other business commitments why It would make sense to have a bunch of different devices lying around to check & sync with all of my actvities? Makes sooooo much more sense! The only one not making sense here is you.

post #53 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post
 

 

You just referred to yourself in the third person. You may need some fresh air, dude. And welcome to the forum. Learn to relax.

 

Seriously? You didn't get his post?! Take a deep breath and read it again.

post #54 of 117
Well, at first glance it looks like a mistake, but i would make the observation now the whole world knows tmobile has both the iPhone 5S and the Samsung Note 3
It was most likely a mistake, but Silk purse from a sow's ear and all that.
It's the heat death of the universe, my friends.
Reply
It's the heat death of the universe, my friends.
Reply
post #55 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropys View Post

Well, at first glance it looks like a mistake, but i would make the observation now the whole world knows tmobile has both the iPhone 5S and the Samsung Note 3
It was most likely a mistake, but Silk purse from a sow's ear and all that.

Actually the saying is "you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear". Which doesn't really fit here. Unless you mean to say the note3 is a sow's ear. I think you're talking about "taking lemons and making lemonade".
post #56 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Gregory View Post

 
Please stop QUOTING and just BLOCK posters you know are baiting you.... 

What's the point of the rest of us blocking goobers if you're going to quote them and complain??


Simple.  You just proved why blocking is a lost-cause.  Because everybody else will not necessarily adhere to that.  Besides, the mods need to know what this guy is doing and what his agenda is.

Oh, no need to block people like that. I've had such a laugh reading his posts, and reading the reactions to his idiocy has been doubly entertaining.

What a riot.
post #57 of 117
I laughed out loud at this entire entry and the comments. Too Funny !!!

I laughed cause in the end, it's downright embarrassing for ALL of THESE SHILLS, to get caught.

EVERYONE of them with out a doubt, right after being told what they just did OR realizing what they just did, must have said "OH !@#$^". In that really embarrassed and HOLY CRAP kind of way !!!

Too funny.

There are so many examples of this too.

I recall when Super model (or extremely hot women, which is how I see her) Kate Upton, was at a Samsung event, and in all the pictures of her at the event, she was using her iPhone.

Man , ...good laughs !!
post #58 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrections View Post

 

The point of a "phablet" is that it delivers the value of a phone and a tablet together. 

If you sell a refrigerator-toaster, and yet you actually make your toast with a dedicated toaster, it indicates that your refrigerator-toaster isn't a suitable replacement for a standard sized toaster.

I’m sorry I have to explain basic logic to you.

What are you on about?

DED's conclusion is based on nothing but he own crazy need to breath Apple flavoured air. To me there a 2 possible reasons he has 2 phones with him (5s and a phablet):

1. He likes the iPhone but finds its screen too small for some tasks.
2. He's the CEO of a carrier and likes to be seen by his customers and his clients testing various competing products.

I'm going with the latter, though I do know at least 1 prominent Apple blogger who wants a larger screened iPhone choice.

Now quit yammering on about this refrigerator-toaster product no one wants. The one you somehow think I want because of your paranoia. Yes, the one Tim Cook invented for his oft-used analogy.

Please shut up and chill. Get a sense of humor while you're about it.

Your Pavlovian responses to DED are really getting tiresome.
post #59 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by akqies View Post

akqies wants to know why are telling him what his own conclusions are and referring to the person you're responding to in the 3rd person?

You just referred to yourself in the third person. You may need some fresh air, dude. And welcome to the forum. Learn to relax.

Groan.... all this time, I thought the Irish were masters of irony. Go figure.....
post #60 of 117

The evidence is certainly overwhelming and quite damning.

 

Anybody who claims to love their Android phones and phablets are paid liars, shills and psychopaths.

post #61 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottWilson View Post

A lot of people use both. Heck, I have to have one of everything. I'll have the 5S for 650 pretty soon actually. Lets look at what he actually said:

Glad @SamsungMobile decided to bring phablets to the states. I don't know what I'd do without my #Note3!

Does he say "tweeting this from my Note3!"

Does he? He's the friggin CEO of a phone company. OF COURSE he's going to have multiple devices.

This is a nonstory, and whoever wrote it is pathetic.

I know one thing he would do without his Note3 - he would keep using his iPhone, just as he does now.

post #62 of 117

I give the CEO at least some credit for coming clean and not digging their own hole deeper by making up more lies and claiming to be hacked like the despicable Alicia Keys did.

post #63 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdq2 View Post

Not surprised that Samsung pays these folks to astroturf. Sammy has been advertising like crazy on the TV that I watch.

On the plus side. these commercials are at least better than Microsoft's, for their Nokia Lumia, like the one at the kid's play where the parents fight (which causes my HTC-owning wife wife to say "I hate this commercial" every half hour when they run it again)...

I'm very grateful for Samsung adverts. They move my bowels.

When I find time to rewrite the laws of Physics, there'll Finally be some changes made round here!

I am not crazy! Three out of five court appointed psychiatrists said so.

Reply

When I find time to rewrite the laws of Physics, there'll Finally be some changes made round here!

I am not crazy! Three out of five court appointed psychiatrists said so.

Reply
post #64 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpluck View Post

So, a non-story then.

I think that you're probably a paid shill, just like the CEO, if you think that this is a non story.

post #65 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottWilson View Post

This is a nonstory, and whoever wrote it is pathetic.

 

Your reply is pathetic. Anybody who says that this is a non story is a highly suspect person, and they are most likely astroturfing and they are paid shills.

post #66 of 117
The name "ass clown" comes to mind...
post #67 of 117
Wandered into Best Buy today and noticed that it had been all but transformed into a "Samsung Store". Samsung posters, kiosks, ads and accessories every other aisle or so. It was literally "Samsung Everywhere". They had completely surrounded the Apple store-in-store with shouting, bleating "me me me!!" Samsung-related video screens, imagery and visual noise.

And yet, still about 15 customers ogling the Apple stuff, along with a half dozen support staff, and about 2 customers in the Samsung "store-in-store" with more support staff than customers (I counted 3 people working that area).

So, I'm wondering how much Samsung paid Best Buy to be so completely omnipresent in their store, basically from one end to the other%u2026?

This tweet from T-Mobile is clearly no different. A 'paid PR' marketing moment.

Why do people think they're winning any converts with such blatant dishonesty?
post #68 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

Pfft, who cares what devices a carrier CEO chooses to carry, or what device he likes to tweet his opinions from?

This gotcha journalism is pretty lame.

 

What a pathetic reply, and the amount of butthurt in this thread from certain characters is quite telling.

 

It matters not what people say or what they claim, what matters is what they do, and this CEO tweeting about his love for Samsung from his iPhone is damn telling!

 

And this is not the first time that paid Samsung shills have been caught with their pants down! What else does anybody expect from a company based on stealing? Their supporters are also people who need to lie, cheat and deceive. 

post #69 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottWilson View Post

A lot of people use both. Heck, I have to have one of everything. I'll have the 5S for 650 pretty soon actually. Lets look at what he actually said:

Glad @SamsungMobile decided to bring phablets to the states. I don't know what I'd do without my #Note3!

Does he say "tweeting this from my Note3!"

Does he? He's the friggin CEO of a phone company. OF COURSE he's going to have multiple devices.

This is a nonstory, and whoever wrote it is pathetic.

 

Saying something like "I don't know what I'd do without my Note3" when you're not even fucking using it as your main phone (if at all) is a pretty ridiculous and hyperbolic statement to make. If one gonna shill for a device and state how amazingly life-changing it is, you should at least make an effort to not do so from a competing device, at risk of sounding like a massive liar/shill. That was the whole point, and the fact that you're so outraged about this story makes you the pathetic one, not the person that wrote it. 

 

I wonder why we have yet to see ANY examples of people shilling for iPhones from non-iPhones. I guess it's because:

1- Apple is above paying for this kind of shilling

2- Most people who have an iPhone and another phone tend to prefer the iPhone and have it in active use. 

post #70 of 117
Time to blame it on the browser's user-agent again. /s

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #71 of 117

Samsung- copies the design of other products without any regard for the law or copyrights.

 

Samsung - has to pay people to tweet and say that they like Samsung devices, while those same people are posting from their Apple devices.

 

Samsung - has to cheat and manipulate their benchmarks

 

I can only conclude that people of low moral fiber are naturally more attracted to Samsung and Android devices.

post #72 of 117

So pathetic Samsung.  You disgrace of a company.  Come as no surprise since they are basically the Korean Mafia with a CEO who is a two time convicted FELON who was pardoned twice.  Yet the guy who reported the corruptions is in jail.

post #73 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post
 

What are you on about?

 

DED's conclusion is based on nothing but he own crazy need to breath Apple flavoured air. To me there a 2 possible reasons he has 2 phones with him (5s and a phablet):

 

1. He likes the iPhone but finds its screen too small for some tasks.

2. He's the CEO of a carrier and likes to be seen by his customers and his clients testing various competing products.

 

I'm going with the latter, though I do know at least 1 prominent Apple blogger who wants a larger screened iPhone choice.

 

Now quit yammering on about this refrigerator-toaster product no one wants. The one you somehow think I want because of your paranoia. Yes, the one Tim Cook invented for his oft-used analogy.

 

It horrifies me when we agree on something.  Just joking.

 

BTW, that's supposedly DED hisself you are "debating" with.

post #74 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottWilson View Post

A lot of people use both. Heck, I have to have one of everything. I'll have the 5S for 650 pretty soon actually. Lets look at what he actually said:

Glad @SamsungMobile decided to bring phablets to the states. I don't know what I'd do without my #Note3!

Does he say "tweeting this from my Note3!"

Does he? He's the friggin CEO of a phone company. OF COURSE he's going to have multiple devices.

This is a nonstory, and whoever wrote it is pathetic.

What it shows is that he prefers his iPhone, if the Note 3 is as good as pathetic apologists try to point out, then why isn't he using it?

The reason I use my iPhone to do this is my S4 is a pathetic piece of sh*t which sits in my pocket.
A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
Reply
A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
Reply
post #75 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Gregory View Post
 

Please stop QUOTING and just BLOCK posters you know are baiting you.... 

 

What's the point of the rest of us blocking goobers if you're going to quote them and complain??

 

But AppleInsider needs the click traffic! More GOOGLE ADS.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #76 of 117

I don't even blame the CEO for this.  I blame Samdung 100%.  If Samdung was going to pay me $10,000 for a tweet I'd do it too.

 

Off topic:  that Halloween Samdung commercial is pathetic.  The one if the whole family dressed up as Starwars characters and criticizing what certain neigbors are giving as treats.  GO BUY YOUR OWN CANDY YOU CHEAPSKATE ASSES!  Is it me or all the people on Samdung commercials are total douchebags? 

post #77 of 117
Samsung must really hate that they keep paying people who advertise Apple products.

'this Samsung device I get paid to like, this Apple device I like without being bribed because it's just better'
post #78 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post
 

Anybody who says that this is a non story is a highly suspect person, and they are most likely astroturfing and they are paid shills.

 

After all the times it has happened it is kinda a non-story but funny as hell anyway.  In this case, I'm somewhat inclined to believe that he actually has a Note 3 and likes it for what it's for:  Taking notes.

 

That he prefers the iPhone 5 as his primary phone isn't surprising either but it kinda sucks as a business note taking device.  I use it for that but it's suboptimal. 

 

The iPad is pretty good but yet another thing to carry around.  If Apple made a phablet I'd buy it.  Especially if it had a pressure sensitive stylus.  That's not going to happen though even if a larger tweener device appears.

post #79 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Samsung must really hate that they keep paying people who advertise Apple products.

'this Samsung device I get paid to like, this Apple device I like without being bribed because it's just better'

 

You would have thought they'd have learned by now.  Okay, we're going to pay you to make this tweet.  And we're going to assign you a helper to actually DO IT FROM OUR DEVICE OKAY?!?

post #80 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrections View Post
 

It’s pretty clear a cleaner team from PR helped him take the photo of the refrigerator-toaster as part of its refrigerator-toaster damage control program.

 

I really hope they don't stop embarrassing themselves with these paid tweets. Makes it so much easier to spot the lies.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › T-Mobile CEO tweets about loving his Samsung Note 3, from his iPhone