or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › T-Mobile CEO tweets about loving his Samsung Note 3, from his iPhone

T-Mobile CEO tweets about loving his Samsung Note 3, from his iPhone - Page 3

post #81 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpluck View Post

So, a non-story then.

I'd have thought that most of these "endorsement" Tweets would be put out by PR departments who would be attuned to the symbolism of posting a promotion for a device from a competitor's device. Do you think Ford would want the actors in its commercials to arrive at an event in a Chevy? 

post #82 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splif View Post

He's a CEO. Like you said he could have 3 Samsung devices in front of him if he wanted. (that was your last argument...wasn't it?) So why not use a Samsung device for all those things? I wonder how much a device that holds all of your contacts, meetings, schedule really matters to a CEO (sarcasm)? I wonder why if I was a busy person & could find one device that handled my schedule & other business commitments why It would make sense to have a bunch of different devices lying around to check & sync with all of my actvities? Makes sooooo much more sense! The only one not making sense here is you.

I'm interested if the CEO could actually use any of the iOS/Android/WindowsPhone8 syncing services for contacts, calendar, email... etc...

I would assume he has a primary device with a corporate MS exchange account. Which device is that? I doubt it's on every phone he tests. I doubt he uses any Android over WP8 or iOS. Can't envision syncing to Gmail, GCal, etc... What is the current state of MS Exchange on Android, last I saw was bickering back and forth.

If a CEO wants to tweet about devices, I want to know which device he and T-Mobile security trust with his corporate email, calendar, and contacts.

That is why this is NOT a non-story. It's a promotion without telling facts. Which device does the CEO of a multi-billion dollar company use on a daily basis, that corporate security approves?

That would be worth a tweet....
post #83 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdq2 View Post

Oh Dear God, not THE Scott Wilson, the eternal troll of CNet fame?

I wonder if Scott Wilson is related to toddbottom3 or Loverock Davidson on ZDNET...

post #84 of 117
This is pretty funny.
post #85 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottWilson View Post

A lot of people use both. Heck, I have to have one of everything. I'll have the 5S for 650 pretty soon actually. Lets look at what he actually said:

Glad @SamsungMobile decided to bring phablets to the states. I don't know what I'd do without my #Note3!

Does he say "tweeting this from my Note3!"

Does he? He's the friggin CEO of a phone company. OF COURSE he's going to have multiple devices.

This is a nonstory.

It might be a non story to some but not to those who matter. I used to think that Tim Cook was exaggerating when he spoke of iOS usage and competing devices tucked away in drawers. Does anyone doubt that Apple devices are not only the most used but also the only devices used that don't have some kind of payout or discount associated with them?
post #86 of 117
Can somebody talk me through blocking ScottWilson as in a very short amount of time I can already tell he is going to annoy me. I'm sure others will be glad of the info as well.
post #87 of 117
Quote:

A lot of people use both. Heck, I have to have one of everything. I'll have the 5S for 650 pretty soon actually. Lets look at what he actually said:

Glad @SamsungMobile decided to bring phablets to the states. I don't know what I'd do without my #Note3!

Does he say "tweeting this from my Note3!"

Does he? He's the friggin CEO of a phone company. OF COURSE he's going to have multiple devices.

This is a nonstory.

Scott. We all know you are a Samsung shill. You made your point. Collect your dollar and go back to CNET.

post #88 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrections View Post

No it’s a far more expensive phone ($750 for 16GB), requiring a phone contract to make any sense ($1000 a year). Plus a $299 Gear watch because the Note 3 is too big to take out of your purse just to answer it. 

But it is funny that the shills are saying that its normal and customary for people to carry $1075 of Samsung crap along with your iPhone. 

And it even has a small screen mode. The Note 3 is one BIG joke.

post #89 of 117

Probably because he was talking on his Note 3 at the time...

post #90 of 117
What's the big deal? Everyone I know that has a Note also has a phone. As long as Samsung sells enough to make a profit, who cares? If you don't understand that, clearly it's not the product for you, and you shouldn't care either way.
post #91 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post

What's the big deal? Everyone I know that has a Note also has a phone. As long as Samsung sells enough to make a profit, who cares? If you don't understand that, clearly it's not the product for you, and you shouldn't care either way.

What Fandroids, paid shills and a few others fail to realize, is that they're totally missing the bigger picture, while they pathetically attempt to dismiss this as a "non-story".

This isn't just about this one incident. This is merely one small piece of the greater puzzle, and this highlights the sorry state of Samsung and their deception. It's all fake. Fake benchmarks, fake paid tweets, fake endorsements, fake enthusiasm, fake hype and fake Fandroids. It's all a scam, and I believe that anybody who falls for it is feeble minded and unworthy of being taken seriously.

Apple doesn't have to launch fake and pathetic astroturf campaigns for their products, as there are more than enough people around who will gladly speak highly of Apple's products for free. 

And I definitely think that there are paid shills operating on this forum. I think that a few posters here are fake, as a matter of fact. It's definitely reasonable to assume that Samsung employs people to post on an Apple forum, taking all of the known facts into consideration.

post #92 of 117
As CEO of T-Mobile, he's probably got every Smartphone they sell littering his house. And most of them remain plugged into the mains, showing their lockscreen.

But even when he 's going to tweet about Samsung, using the Samsung to do it didn't enter his head? That's quite telling.

As for these pop star folk. I think they're doing it deliberately. They're happy to take a few dollars for a quick tweet, as long as it doesn't make them look uncool.

"Yup, Samsung make good phones, but as you can see, I use an iPhone."
post #93 of 117
CCTV China did an expose about Note 3 couple days ago. The "sudden death" rate is very high. Repair cost from ¥800 to ¥2000 ($120-$350) by the official Samsung dealers in China. They suspect the CPU is the main problem.
post #94 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelchu View Post

CCTV China did an expose about Note 3 couple days ago. The "sudden death" rate is very high. Repair cost from ¥800 to ¥2000 ($120-$350) by the official Samsung dealers in China. They suspect the CPU is the main problem.

That's any new phone. Look at all the defects in the 5S. It's a side effect of a mass produced world. 

post #95 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacloo View Post

Typically AI to write so much copy about nothing, endorsing Apple at the same time. I wonder how much they get payed for their propaganda.

Really? Would you call it "nothing" if Tim Cook was caught tweeting about how much he loves his iPad 5 from a Samsung Galaxy Note 3? You people would make that into a big huge deal: it would be splattered all over Cnet and Engadget and Slashdot for maximum schadenfreude value. Don't pretend this is nothing. You know it isn't.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #96 of 117
Quote:

That's any new phone. Look at all the defects in the 5S. It's a side effect of a mass produced world. 

Well, iPhone has a 2% app crash. And you can replace it without paying. When did the Note 3 come out and why customer have to pay? Please explain to me expert about the world's QC issue. Thank you.
post #97 of 117

Nothing beats the story about the Dell executive who after a string of dud presentations because of equipment failures said this won’t happen with me, and pulled out a Mac notebook.

Philip Machanick creator of Opinionations and Green Grahamstown
Department of Computer Science, Rhodes University, South Africa

Philip Machanick creator of Opinionations and Green Grahamstown
Department of Computer Science, Rhodes University, South Africa

post #98 of 117
Quote:

S4 faulty batteries, if the serial on the battery is within this range BD1D401XX ~ BD1D529XX return to Samsung before it swells up and explodes, they will replace it.

My 5S is fault free, like my 5, 4 and 3G.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
post #99 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

What a pathetic reply, and the amount of butthurt in this thread from certain characters is quite telling.

It matters not what people say or what they claim, what matters is what they do, and this CEO tweeting about his love for Samsung from his iPhone is damn telling!
Really? What precisely does it tell you that isn't massively coloured by your own bias?

It tells me that at the precise moment he wanted to post a tweet, this dude used an iPhone. Nothing much more than that. Could be that Twitter for iPhone is his favourite client on any device, could just be that the iPhone is what he was holding in that moment, could be a number of other reasons.

And yes, it's a bit funny that he was tweeting about a rival product, but it's tweet-worthy LOLs, not news-worthy expose.

There is no evidence here of any paid shilling.

censored

censored

post #100 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilution View Post

Can somebody talk me through blocking ScottWilson as in a very short amount of time I can already tell he is going to annoy me. I'm sure others will be glad of the info as well.

Make sure you are logged in, go to one of his posts, click on the blue triangle to the right of his name and click on Block Member. The only downside as mentioned by others is that it doesn't stop you seeing his posts if other people quote them in their replies.

post #101 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipm View Post

Nothing beats the story about the Dell executive who after a string of dud presentations because of equipment failures said this won’t happen with me, and pulled out a Mac notebook.

Got a link to that handy?

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #102 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingthebigG View Post

Lastly, isn't there a Twitter available for Android he could (should) have used? Duh?

Yeah, there is, but it's bear to use. Plus his Note3 was being recharged after the batteries died after three hours away from a charger.
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
post #103 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdyB View Post

Make sure you are logged in, go to one of his posts, click on the blue triangle to the right of his name (ScottWilson) and click on Block Member. The only downside as mentioned by others is that it doesn't stop you seeing his posts if other people quote them in their replies.

Thanks, ScottWilson just joined a far less happy world than the one I'm in... *click* poof!
post #104 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdq2 View Post

Not surprised that Samsung pays these folks to astroturf. Sammy has been advertising like crazy on the TV that I watch.

He blew it,  Samsung should ask for money back !  :no:

post #105 of 117

I think the real question is why, if he has pages of apps on his iPhone, is there an entire row of unused app slots on his home screen? That is PRIME real estate. Come on!

post #106 of 117
maybe his note 3 lagged so much he couldn't go to twitter on it.
simple enough
post #107 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingthebigG View Post

Lastly, isn't there a Twitter available for Android he could (should) have used? Duh?

Yeah, there is, but it's bear to use. Plus his Note3 was being recharged after the batteries died after three hours away from a charger.

Actually, isn't the Note praised by the awesome battery life? That's the advantage of a big phone. The screen loves more juice, Android loves juice, the snapdragon drinks like an horse, but there's plenty of room for a 3500 battery.

post #108 of 117
I see two possibilities here.

One: technologically illiterate people use iPhone. No, really; if you are tweeting even occasionally, you'd know if your app has that kind of signature. Unless you never read what you tweet about, in which case:

Two: he does not tweet himself, too busy for that... So he has PA to tweet for him. Which makes his PA technologically illiterate, and him lazy and potentially illiterate.
post #109 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikon133 View Post

I see two possibilities here.

One: technologically illiterate people use iPhone. No, really; if you are tweeting even occasionally, you'd know if your app has that kind of signature. Unless you never read what you tweet about, in which case:

Two: he does not tweet himself, too busy for that... So he has PA to tweet for him. Which makes his PA technologically illiterate, and him lazy and potentially illiterate.

What does it say about ones "technological literacy" if they don't know Twitter removed that info from their web interface over a year ago?
Edited by akqies - 10/22/13 at 5:18am
post #110 of 117

Why would a person read their own tweets?  Ok he may be a CEO, but that doesn't mean he has to be a self-regarding narcissist.

censored

censored

post #111 of 117
Originally Posted by Rich Gregory View Post
If you just block him and not quote him then the rest of us who just block him won't have to see his posts.
Originally Posted by Rich Gregory View Post
Please stop QUOTING and just BLOCK posters you know are baiting you.... 

What's the point of the rest of us blocking goobers if you're going to quote them and complain??

If you just REPORT THE POSTS, the guy’ll be banned and his crap wiped.

I’ve never understood “blocking” troll accounts. They’re not allowed to be here at all; HELP GET RID OF THEM!

Originally Posted by Evilution View Post
Can somebody talk me through blocking ScottWilson

Step 1: Click that little flag thing at the bottom left of his post… :p

Seriously, the block list is in the username dropdown in the sidebar of each post. At the bottom, “Block Member”.

But DO report posts; don’t just block.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

post #112 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrections View Post

The point of a "phablet" is that it delivers the value of a phone and a tablet together. 

If you sell a refrigerator-toaster, and yet you actually make your toast with a dedicated toaster, it indicates that your refrigerator-toaster isn't a suitable replacement for a standard sized toaster.

I’m sorry I have to explain basic logic to you.

It would be even worse if your refrigerator-toaster had a special toaster-assistatance robotic arm that was supposed to help you make toast using your refrigerator-toaster by allowing you to automate the refrigerator-toaster in such a way that the refrigerator-toaster combination became less clumsy to manage. And yet you still used a standalone toaster to make your toast. 

And when you made an advertisement about how delicious your toast from your refrigerator-toaster was, and how difficult it was to live without a refrigerator-toaster, and then it was pointed out that the toast marks on the toast you were touting made it clear you made the toast on a standalone toaster and not by your refrigerator-toaster, and your reply was to show that your kitchen was indeed equipped with a refrigerator-toaster along with a refrigerator and a toaster, and the refrigerator-toaster robotic arm...

well, I guess I can’t continue to point out why you are so ridiculous in insisting that there’s nothing wrong with saying you can’t live without refrigerator-toasters even when you clearly appear to prefer toast not made by refrigerator-toasters.

and these words are the sound of a RPG hitting the target!
post #113 of 117
Quote:

It would be even worse if your refrigerator-toaster had a special toaster-assistatance robotic arm that was supposed to help you make toast using your refrigerator-toaster by allowing you to automate the refrigerator-toaster in such a way that the refrigerator-toaster combination became less clumsy to manage. And yet you still used a standalone toaster to make your toast. 

I want this refrigerator-toaster with the robotic arm!  Door size is very important to me though....  It must have a bigger door then last years model.  Door size can become a primary selling point and after a few years the door height could be as nearing the ceiling.  Also compressor horsepower should be a notable spec, totally ignoring how well it kept food cold or how much power it used.

post #114 of 117

What mistake?  It's so common and natural for people to have multiple devices.  No device is best for everything.  Note 3 is on my wish list as well, just can't afford it yet...

post #115 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeltsBear View Post

I want this refrigerator-toaster with the robotic arm!  Door size is very important to me though....  It must have a bigger door then last years model.  Door size can become a primary selling point and after a few years the door height could be as nearing the ceiling.  Also compressor horsepower should be a notable spec, totally ignoring how well it kept food cold or how much power it used.

I need a quad or even an octo compressor, I don't know how people can manage with tiny doors, less than 7 feet.

The lights dimming in my house whenever it powers on is a small price to pay.

post #116 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipen View Post

What mistake?  It's so common and natural for people to have multiple devices.  No device is best for everything.  Note 3 is on my wish list as well, just can't afford it yet...

Android 4.3 is on MY wish list for my Galaxy S4, update just hasn't been released yet.

I wonder what will come first?

Release of 4.4 or update to 4.3 for my late model high end phone?

Fragmentation, it's a bitch.

I updated my iPhone 4 to iOS 7 on the day of release.

post #117 of 117
Samsung and Microsoft's Marketing/Sponsoring Dollars cannot make up for the fact that Apple's mobile experience is just plain better.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › T-Mobile CEO tweets about loving his Samsung Note 3, from his iPhone