or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple's iOS 7 sounds crafted by Owl City creator Adam Young

Apple's iOS 7 sounds crafted by Owl City creator Adam Young - Page 2

post #41 of 48
I think while TPS and Owl City do sound alike in some aspects, if you really listen to a lot of his stuff you will find that there is a difference. I've been spinning "Give Up" like no other lately and I have noticed a significant difference. Of course, I'm sure Adam did draw inspiration from TPS,
post #42 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeu26 View Post

I think while TPS and Owl City do sound alike in some aspects, if you really listen to a lot of his stuff you will find that there is a difference. I've been spinning "Give Up" like no other lately and I have noticed a significant difference. Of course, I'm sure Adam did draw inspiration from TPS,

+1

I would also like to add "If 2 singers have the same genre, the one who came second did not necessarily rip off from the one who came first"

I prefer owl city to TPS because I like the voice better but that is just my op.

post #43 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaman View Post

+1
I would also like to add "If 2 singers have the same genre, the one who came second did not necessarily rip off from the one who came first"
I prefer owl city to TPS because I like the voice better but that is just my op.

We're not talking about the same "genre", we're talking about a knockoff. The biggest difference I found was Owl City's lyrics lack depth. They reflect the empty-headed ness of a Las Vegas lounge act.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #44 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

We're not talking about the same "genre", we're talking about a knockoff. The biggest difference I found was Owl City's lyrics lack depth. They reflect the empty-headed ness of a Las Vegas lounge act.

Till here I thought you kinda had a point.

post #45 of 48
Quote:

Till here I thought you kinda had a point.

I made my point. What's yours?

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #46 of 48
Quote:

I made my point. What's yours?

Mine is they owl city isn't exactly a rip off but more like the same genre.

"The biggest difference I found was Owl City's lyrics lack depth. They reflect the empty-headed ness of a Las Vegas lounge act."

makes no sense  unless you mistook owl city for nicki manaj or something.

post #47 of 48
Quote:

Mine is they owl city isn't exactly a rip off but more like the same genre.
"The biggest difference I found was Owl City's lyrics lack depth. They reflect the empty-headed ness of a Las Vegas lounge act."
makes no sense  unless you mistook owl city for nicki manaj or something.

When a musician slavishly copies the vocalization of another singer, the band's sound and the quality of lyrical content, that is a knock-off band. Owl City is that knock-off band.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #48 of 48
Quote:

When a musician slavishly copies the vocalization of another singer, the band's sound and the quality of lyrical content, that is a knock-off band. Owl City is that knock-off band.

vocalisation??

copied quality of lyrics seriously???

The bands sound is the genre.

slavishly??

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple's iOS 7 sounds crafted by Owl City creator Adam Young