or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple to stream today's iPad special event live online [u]

Apple to stream today's iPad special event live online [u] - Page 2

post #41 of 59
http://www.apple.com/apple-events/october-2013/

On iOS device or Apple TV.
post #42 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Actually, Ballmer got a letter from the 12 member Windows RT fan club saying that he should convince Nokia to release its tablet the same day as the iPad event in order to steal some of Apple's thunder. Of course, Ballmer thought that was a great idea...
Can someone explain why Nokia would release a Windows RT tablet with exactly the same specs as Microsoft's Surface 2 tablet? And announce it on the same day Microsoft's tablets go on sale? WTF?
post #43 of 59
Quote:

Actually, Ballmer got a letter from the 12 member Windows RT fan club saying that he should convince Nokia to release its tablet the same day as the iPad event in order to steal some of Apple's thunder. Of course, Ballmer thought that was a great idea...

Haha..thats funny! :)

Mac Mini (Mid 2011) 2.5 GHz Core i5

120 GB SSD/500 GB HD/8 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256 MB

post #44 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Can someone explain why Nokia would release a Windows RT tablet with exactly the same specs as Microsoft's Surface 2 tablet? And announce it on the same day Microsoft's tablets go on sale? WTF?

One word. Ballmer.

na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #45 of 59
Quote:

Because no one at Microsoft or Nokia has a F&^%! clue as to what they're doing. Nothing like partnering with someone who releases a product that competes against your own. 

post #46 of 59

anyways I think guys .... We will see some amazing things today

post #47 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashrebel View Post

anyways I think guys .... We will see some amazing things today

I heard that Tim Cook is going to announce that he will be on Dancing With the Stars.

na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #48 of 59

Ah - nu iPhone 5S will be handy today!!

post #49 of 59
Quote:

The answer is no. No one can explain it.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #50 of 59
My money's with Apple knocking off the Surface RT complete with live tiles... only on the Apple version the crutch kickstand operates silently... yeah, that it...
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
post #51 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

My money's with Apple knocking off the Surface RT complete with live tiles... only on the Apple version the crutch kickstand operates silently... yeah, that it...

AAPL is down so far today.

Nokia is up.

lol

na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #52 of 59

There's been a lot of discussion of the "cover" part of "a lot to cover", but not as much about "a lot".  It's easy to think that it's alluding to the large number of product updates, but I've been wondering if it is more literal.  Like a larger iPad.

Stretching further, I'd like to see a 4K display.  The technology pieces are there, just a matter of when.

post #53 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by akqies View Post
It's interesting that they not only are hosting this event in SF over their smaller center in Cupertino but are also live streaming it. I really want to believe it's because of a new product category.

That is very curious.  I assumed the Yerba center wasn't available for the iPhone event, but if that's the case wouldn't they have wanted to stream it?  Why do smaller location and no streaming for an iPhone event, when the iPhone is over %50 of the business?

And then bigger location plus streaming for a "smaller" event which seems to be a grab bag of products- pro, os x, iPads, etc.  Not that they aren't great products, it just seems odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macxpress View Post
They should do that anyways. Nobody cares about a crappy Windows phone, even if Apple didn't have an event schedule for today. I still think Apple did this on purpose. Its not the first time they've scheduled an event on or near a competitors event. Apple knows they'll get the press and the others won't.

Apple doesn't care.  Apple planned this event and isn't going to let a competitor shift them off the date. When others are doing events near an Apple event, its' usually because they're trying to steal apple's thunder.  Remember googles' desperate "we're still relevant in maps" event before the Apple maps event?  (of course they new when the apple event was going to be because Apple cancelled their maps deal with google.)   

Apple has no reason to be desperate and petty... it has much bigger concerns, like ship dates.

Quote:

I heard that Tim Cook is going to announce that he will be on Dancing With the Stars.

His partner should be Charlie Hunnam.

post #54 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECats View Post

This event (like previous events) are not region specific, the "Apple Events" channel is now available. They also are cast with degradable quality, so if your connection is having trouble you'll be provided a suitable resolution stream.

Thanks!
post #55 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessi View Post

His partner should be Charlie Hunnam.

I thought Tim's dancing partner would be Katy Huberty.

"Whoops, sorry, Katy, you just slipped out of my hands. Here, let me help you up."

"Damn! Happened again. My bad"

na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #56 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1h15233 View Post

Does anyone remember the last time they did a live stream? I'd like to think they're doing it because they'll be unveiling something really special but I can't remember if they did that or not last time they did a live stream.

The iPad mini and the iPhone 5 events were streamed last year. Also, IIRC all the WWDC keynotes are streamed.

I was actually a little surprised that they didn't do the iPhone 5s event.
post #57 of 59
It's actually streaming on all devices.

"Live Streaming video requires Safari 4 or later on OS X v10.6 or later; Safari on iOS 4.2 or later. Streaming via Apple TV requires second- or third-generation Apple TV with software 5.0.2 or later."

There ya go, streaming on iOS.
post #58 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

I was just gonna post that! 1frown.gif

So is iWork for iCloud. Offline for all users until 5pm EST today.
melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
post #59 of 59

Great news! 

I've watched live Apple events before, but this is the first time I'll be watching one on an Apple TV.

I am so damn tired of reading blogs and sites, and having to follow their live play by play about Apple events. I don't need to read their bad typing, their slow typing, their bad jokes and their personal biases when following Apple launches.

Live is where it's at! Bring it on!

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple to stream today's iPad special event live online [u]