or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › A6X = A7 graphics performance. iPad Air A7 = double A6X GPU performance?

A6X = A7 graphics performance. iPad Air A7 = double A6X GPU performance?

post #1 of 3

I'm confused. A7 just brought the iPhone to iPad 4 graphics levels with the A6X (a6X had double the GPU resources of the A6, thus the same-ish performance as the A7), but they're saying the same A7 doubled it from the iPad 4...? Yet it's not an A7X?

I wonder if they just dropped the X naming scheme but are doubling resources as usual for the larger iPad. Or if that's the case, which one does the Mini use? 

post #2 of 3

Clearly Apple were fearing a copyright infringement from Avenged Sevenfold, who have used the term 'A7X' for about 10 years.

post #3 of 3
Originally Posted by tipoo View Post
I'm confused. A7 just brought the iPhone to iPad 4 graphics levels with the A6X (a6X had double the GPU resources of the A6, thus the same-ish performance as the A7), but they're saying the same A7 doubled it from the iPad 4...? Yet it's not an A7X?

Because A7 can handle it.

I wonder if they just dropped the X naming scheme but are doubling resources as usual for the larger iPad.

Nope. All three use A7.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • A6X = A7 graphics performance. iPad Air A7 = double A6X GPU performance?
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › A6X = A7 graphics performance. iPad Air A7 = double A6X GPU performance?