or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › App Roundup: New iLife and iWork apps for OS X, iOS go live

App Roundup: New iLife and iWork apps for OS X, iOS go live - Page 2

post #41 of 43

iPhoto on OSX is a pretty pathetic update. I wrongly assumed they would update the look to be more inline with the iPad version. What would also be cool is that if it had the same organization (moments, etc) like from the Photos app in iOS7. It's still a pain in the ass to organize, and I was hoping it would adopt their superior tagging. Also, it has a mix of styles etc. I assume the next major update will really revamp it. 

post #42 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Did you watch the keynote? They explicitly do that. More screen space, but it’s much better than the window.

It's really all the contrary

The new inspector is HUGE, you can't move and most of the time is half empty.

Old inspector palettes were tiny and you can move it freely.

But as has been stated already the worse is all the functions deleted only for iOS compatibility!!!!

New Pages is a real step BACK

post #43 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

iPhoto on OSX is a pretty pathetic update. I wrongly assumed they would update the look to be more inline with the iPad version. What would also be cool is that if it had the same organization (moments, etc) like from the Photos app in iOS7. It's still a pain in the ass to organize, and I was hoping it would adopt their superior tagging. Also, it has a mix of styles etc. I assume the next major update will really revamp it. 

I'm of two minds about it. On one hand I'm annoyed with everything you said here, but I can't call it pathetic because I'm noticing significant performance improvements on my 5 year old Mac. Of which I'm grateful for though I am now debating on whether or not I need a new laptop or not

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › App Roundup: New iLife and iWork apps for OS X, iOS go live