or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Wall Street pleased by high-profit pricing of Apple's new Retina iPad mini, iPad Air

Wall Street pleased by high-profit pricing of Apple's new Retina iPad mini, iPad Air - Page 2

post #41 of 47

Wall Street Analysts and media people who attended the Apple event....  hmmm.

If you watched the streaming video feed of the show and saw the people in the audience it would just re-enforce the idea that those people are a bunch of d-bag posers.  As in "All Things D-Bag".   

And if you looked close you could have spotted the "Double D's" - those media types who have also tried to get rich off of writing stories and books about Steve Jobs.

They are not in any shape or form "essential services" in our society.

post #42 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

It'll be a very small hit to the financials.

Yes... you and I know that...but thought I'd note to preclude doomsayers who will try to use this FUD to tear Apple down.

post #43 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phone-UI-Guy View Post

They have until orderability for the Mac Po is turned on sometime around December to get a 4K display done. 1wink.gif

Yeah, how about a retina-like desktop resolution, too, while we're at it.

Push push push this slow beast of an industry forward!!
post #44 of 47

Remember when considering what Wall Street consider as important.

If your not making making money then you have to sell more than another else and have the largest market share. Thus give up profits for shipping more than anyone else. If you're not doing that then you better have higher margins than anyone else. Selling less if okay as long was your margins are higher than anyone else.

The problem is Apple sits in the middle of these two paradigm which analysis hate, Apple does not sell more than everyone in all cases at 10% margins nor do they get 60% to 80% margins. 

Edited by Maestro64 - 10/25/13 at 12:37pm
post #45 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Apple does not care about cheapskates.

$299 for a tablet is a fair price.  The resale for the iPadMini is $170.  If you net out resale value the iPadMini's are cheaper than the smaller and slower Nexus7, Galaxy-whatever

You are right, so of course Apple made it $399.

post #46 of 47

China Mobile.  700 Million users.  

Apple share price, profits, and margins...going up.

post #47 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by 512ke View Post

China Mobile.  700 Million users.  

Apple share price, profits, and margins...going up.

yes, yes, no...I can't see how margins can go up in near future (like 18 months).  Maybe slightly increase due to a lock in a new product category (like watch or tv)...but I don't see it.  But I'm all ears.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: AAPL Investors
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Wall Street pleased by high-profit pricing of Apple's new Retina iPad mini, iPad Air