or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › AppleTV HDMI Port, Bad Connection Fixes?

AppleTV HDMI Port, Bad Connection Fixes?

post #1 of 2

I received an appleTV as a gift a couple of years ago from the company I work for.  I already had an appleTV hooked to my current entertainment system.  I purchased another Samsung HDTV and decided to use my gift appleTV (still in box).  After hooking up the new appleTV to the new TV and configuring basics, it started flashing in and out with a check HDMI connection message on my Samsung TV screen.  I tried different HDMI cables, but that didn't stop it.  To verify it wasn't an HDMI port issue on the new Samsung TV, I connected  my old appleTV and it works great.  Any ideas on how to fix a loose (flaky) HDMI port on the new appleTV?  Since it sat in my closet a couple of years, I assume it's out of warranty.  Any suggestions welcome.

post #2 of 2

try taking it to genius bar, maybe they will just fix it...

and why would anyone buy ANOTHER scam scum TV? :\

i learned my lesson with the first one, never again 

android sucks, but not as much as the people who come here to defend it.

New for MS dorks - Microsoft sucks just as much as the losers that come to AI to defend it

android sucks, but not as much as the people who come here to defend it.

New for MS dorks - Microsoft sucks just as much as the losers that come to AI to defend it

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › AppleTV HDMI Port, Bad Connection Fixes?