or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Benchmarks for Apple's iPad Air show 90% performance boost, tweaked A7 clock speed

Benchmarks for Apple's iPad Air show 90% performance boost, tweaked A7 clock speed - Page 2

post #41 of 46
Although I'm really tempted to get a new iPad Air, with the weight and form factor the biggest reasons why I want one, the battery life is what is pushing me to a new MacBook Air instead. To get 12 hours on an mba where I can not only be consuming info, but more easily generating it, seems like a no-brainer to me right now. I get it's a completely different thing, but given I have an ipad 4 and a 2011 13" mba (that only sees 4-5 hours of battery life), the mba looks to be the thing that gets replaced first.
post #42 of 46
I hope the A& in the Mini Retina will be the same clock speed as the Air! Otherwise, it will be second fiddle again and may be a hamper to some buyers like me to get the best technology. Personally, if the performance is less then that of the Air; I may hold off till 2014 model to get the touch ID and 802.11ac and A8 processor!
post #43 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Wild View Post

I hope the A& in the Mini Retina will be the same clock speed as the Air! Otherwise, it will be second fiddle again and may be a hamper to some buyers like me to get the best technology. Personally, if the performance is less then that of the Air; I may hold off till 2014 model to get the touch ID and 802.11ac and A8 processor!

What are you running that needs so much power, if we were to look at your current app list there is probably not one in there that an iPad 2 couldn't handle quickly and comfortably. Your focusing to much on CPU numbers for apps that haven't even been written yet that can utilize it and those future apps will defiantly need more than 1GB of RAM. You don't even know what you are complaining about, you have brochure lust.

When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
post #44 of 46

No it has the exact same pixels to "push". Both iPad Air and iPad mini 2 have Retina displays that are 2048 x 1536 pixels. But the difference should be negligible.

post #45 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

Maybe not. The iPad Mini has 1/4th pixels to push around as its big brother.

They have the same pixel count as both have what Apple defines as a Retina display. That is a pixel count of 2048 x 1536. The iPad mini 2 only has this packed more dense than its bigger brother the iPad Air; namely a difference of 264ppi (pixels per inch) vs. 326ppi for the iPad mini 2.

post #46 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

I feel like Apple misled me then when I bought my iPad 3

Not me: I read the specs and got what I paid for. Especially the LTE and the retina screen.

If it had been the weight of the Air I doubt I'd have made the move, but I like the lower weight and expect I'll appreciate the faster speed so I went with the new iPad Air. First impression; I'm glad I didn't get a mini: this thing is light and for LTE travel access I've got my 5s. with it's grandfathered unlimited data.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Benchmarks for Apple's iPad Air show 90% performance boost, tweaked A7 clock speed
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Benchmarks for Apple's iPad Air show 90% performance boost, tweaked A7 clock speed